Sponsored

spare tire different

Maverick77

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Randy
Joined
Mar 10, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
72
Reaction score
78
Location
Dodgeville Wis.
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, initially, I thought so - it was pretty tight so I drove it a couple days and then got underneath and looked and those puncture teeth were sitting inside of the tread which I didn’t like so I ended up doing like some others and bent the teeth down so they weren’t sticking straight out. I think it’s fine now.
My 2019 F-150 did not have any teeth and was not impressed when I was under the truck adding Mabett underbody cover. My thoughts are to grind the teeth down to nubbings and add a slit rubber hose over them IF I attempt a full size 19" spare. Just finished installing sound deadener in the back of the cab. Additional LED bed lights next, install side decals across the lower portions of the doors, and then maybe the spare tire episode.
 

Jensen3

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jul 26, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
26
Reaction score
51
Location
Louisville KY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any chance you can tell us Lariat owners which 19" wheel did you get? I learned from my F-150 days that Ford usually has a different offset than most aftermarket wheels.
https://www.carid.com/rt-wheels/19-steel-wheel-5-lug-x49518-black-1966858937.html
CARID.COM
SKU: 2082661996​
RT® - 19" STEEL WHEEL 5 LUG X49518 Black (19" x 7.5", 5x108 Bolt Pattern, 63.4mm Hub)
19" STEEL WHEEL 5 LUG X49518 Black Wheels by RT®. 19" x 7.5", 5x108 Bolt Pattern, 63.4mm Hub.
​
​
 

mwelby

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
mwelby
Joined
Mar 12, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
225
Reaction score
256
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2019 F-150 did not have any teeth and was not impressed when I was under the truck adding Mabett underbody cover. My thoughts are to grind the teeth down to nubbings and add a slit rubber hose over them IF I attempt a full size 19" spare. Just finished installing sound deadener in the back of the cab. Additional LED bed lights next, install side decals across the lower portions of the doors, and then maybe the spare tire episode.
Yes, if I still perceive there’s a problem my thoughts were to get my cut off wheel and just cut them all off but that rubber hose idea to cover any sharp edges is great. Much appreciated.
 

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
James
Joined
Sep 24, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
8,785
Reaction score
6,452
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2019 F-150 did not have any teeth and was not impressed when I was under the truck adding Mabett underbody cover. My thoughts are to grind the teeth down to nubbings and add a slit rubber hose over them IF I attempt a full size 19" spare. Just finished installing sound deadener in the back of the cab. Additional LED bed lights next, install side decals across the lower portions of the doors, and then maybe the spare tire episode.
Remember you want that spare to rupture to help the crumple when someone rear ends you.
 

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
8,628
Reaction score
15,700
Location
Central Nevada & Utah
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remember you want that spare to rupture to help the crumple when someone rear ends you.
I was wondering about that. Thank you for asking.
I figured the engineers designed those teeth there for a reason.
 
Last edited:

CaliMav68

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
JL
Joined
Dec 14, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
191
Reaction score
285
Location
Ohio
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat AWD EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really…. These new questions that have been asked and covered over and over get old!

If there wasn’t the internet I could understand
I have an idea …. Google?
And yet you take the time to read and respond to a topic that you are bored with.....

OP wanted to ask actual people, not the internet with it's boiled down answers, about a topic. That's why we're here. Novices and "experts."
 
Sponsored

HeyBales

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 3, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
5,595
Reaction score
5,441
Location
KC Metro area
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota RAV4, 2024 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And yet you take the time to read and respond to a topic that you are bored with.....

OP wanted to ask actual people, not the internet with it's boiled down answers, about a topic. That's why we're here. Novices and "experts."
Actually - the idea is the Google search function on MTC throws you to the threads with actual people.
Actually a search of Google for MTC does the same.

I'll bet the 2nd link is great!
(perhaps title is a tad long)
And it's not even in the 5 similar below.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...he-pathetic-factory-bicycle-wheel-spare.55137

Ford Maverick spare tire different 1778608589889-n9
 

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 11, 2022
Threads
7
Messages
436
Reaction score
545
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
anyone get a different spare tire than the other 4
Donut: Compact Spare: 155/70/17
Ford's full size spare: Primary Spare: 215/60R17

None of the two above matches up with the mounted tires' diameter that come with the truck.
 

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Jun 29, 2021
Threads
46
Messages
849
Reaction score
1,017
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid & E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes it is a problem. So if you get a flat DO NOT USE IT. Walk to a tire store with the flat tire under your arm and buy a replacement. Joking of course. Answer this. When was your last flat tire? Mine was in 2010 and I put the spare on and drove to a tire store immediately. Had 2 tires put on, because they only had 2 alike, drove 300 miles for work. Tire store ordered 2 additional tires and a week later I had them put on.
No, what it means is if you get a flat front tire on a FWD you jack up the side of the truck, place the rear tire on the front and the so called full size spare on the rear. Flats sometimes occur far from a tire shop.
 

MavStangVa

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 4, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
1,388
Reaction score
3,153
Location
Here, There, and Everywhere
Vehicle(s)
2024 LARIAT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, what it means is if you get a flat front tire on a FWD you jack up the side of the truck, place the rear tire on the front and the so called full size spare on the rear. Flats sometimes occur far from a tire shop.
So what am I supposed to do with AWD? Technically it's fwd the majority of the time. I'll roll the dice and put the conventional spare on which ever corner has a flat.
 

jonshep

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Jul 28, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
374
Reaction score
479
Location
SW Oklahoma
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT 2002 F250 7.3 Diesel
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep that 215 **** is your full size spare. I have had mine for 2 years and as far as I know there is a side wall on the bottom facing side of the spare, not sure about the upside. 🤔
Sponsored

 
 







Top