First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I added all modes to my FX4 and they work perfectly. My only problem is auto start/stop is not working after the changes. I made my changes using the easy mode method if that makes a difference. Anyone else have this problem?
When do these changes it resets the buttons on the center console but they should still work. You can turn off the auto stop start button and maybe you did inadvertently in the ABS module settings but you can't not outright disable the auto start stop system. It will remain in an on state without a working button.
Sponsored

srender517

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Passport
When do these changes it resets the buttons on the center console but they should still work. You can turn off the auto stop start button and maybe you did inadvertently in the ABS module settings but you can't not outright disable the auto start stop system. It will remain in an on state without a working button.
The auto start/stop button still works and I get a console notification that it's being turned off/on. I used the forscan version from their site and followed these instructions. If I need to use another procedure I can restore and try again.

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) 1647010286212

TexasMaverick88

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
Maybe I missed it but has anyone added all the drive modes to any hybrid models like adding sand or rut mode? Also if you make changes using FORScan does that void your warranty? Thanks in advance for the help.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe I missed it but has anyone added all the drive modes to any hybrid models like adding sand or rut mode? Also if you make changes using FORScan does that void your warranty? Thanks in advance for the help.
Don't think anyone has tried with hybrid as they are rare. Also have a different transmission/engine. 2.0 EB engine has been out for a while now

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I get a 2L AWD with the tow package I can use Forscan and add the driving modes AND hill descent?
I see no reason to pay for the FX4 package if all I get over the tow package is front hooks, cheap skidplates and extra driving modes and hill descent. If I can add those I can add real UHMW skids and a winch

Sponsored

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I get a 2L AWD with the tow package I can use Forscan and add the driving modes AND hill descent?
I see no reason to pay for the FX4 package if all I get over the tow package is front hooks, cheap skidplates and extra driving modes and hill descent. If I can add those I can add real UHMW skids and a winch
Not hill decent... That requires hardware modifications (new console cluster switch and rewiring). There is a post about someone attempting it but don't think he got it working.

BlackhawkBen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

SO I am very excited to apply this mod, originally because I wanted Sport mode, but with gas prices lately I really want to also have ECO mode. I just received my OBDLink LX which is a Bluetooth version (wanted to have the option to connect via my android phone) and have run into an issue that the ABS Module won't load in Forscan. I believe based on my research that the issue is with the Bluetooth Adapter not being able to read both MS and HS, and I need to get a wired version. Can anyone confirm before I return?

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
SO I am very excited to apply this mod, originally because I wanted Sport mode, but with gas prices lately I really want to also have ECO mode. I just received my OBDLink LX which is a Bluetooth version (wanted to have the option to connect via my android phone) and have run into an issue that the ABS Module won't load in Forscan. I believe based on my research that the issue is with the Bluetooth Adapter not being able to read both MS and HS, and I need to get a wired version. Can anyone confirm before I return?
I love Sport mode. But I pretty much have been living ECO mode.

I used the wired version and didn't have any issues.

Alejo90

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
the easy setup screen works perfectly for this on my truck (details in signature).
i got all the drive modes enabled and tested the "new" eco and sport modes to make sure they worked. im surprised by the difference between sport and eco modes. the balance shifts far more heavily to the rear wheels, and the engine is kept at a much higher rpm range while in sport mode.

Procedure

1: did a backup of every single module available.
2: entered the ABS module
3: changed SDM - ABS to disabled
4: changed each drive mode to enabled
5: clicked write
6: waited until forscan was done and followed the instruction to cycle my ignition.
7: unplugged the laptop and turned on the engine for a test drive

thanks so much to those who worked to find these settings!
now im going to explore everything else that has been discovered.

Hey everyone, I just finished doing this to my Maverick and it worked just fine. I used both of the quoted comments as my guide and it was easy. Forscan sent me the two month trial link in about twenty minutes and I used the Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 from Amazon. First time poster and new to these type of forums, great resource. Thanks!
My Mav is a Ecoboost, AWD, FX4, 4k for reference.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Get the wired one with the switch (20$ on Amazon and provides a link on a previous post on page 9 I think).

Sponsored

belmor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did this today and it worked flawlessly! Thanks to all involved!

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Man, can you confirm that you now have:
Normal
Tow/Haul
Slippery
Eco
Sport
Mud/Ruts
Sand/Snow

And that they are all selectable and usable?
Thanks a bunch!
Yes I do.

rjmartini

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride
Hi All. I just picked up my Fully loaded Lariat FX4. Have been messing around with Forscan and am running into issues...
I have the Vgate vLinker FS USB, and am running the latest version of Windows.
I've followed the step by step instructions, but when I select to write the changes (Disable ABS, Enable Eco & Sport) I'm getting the error code "Service procedure has been interrupted". I apologize if this has been covered, I couldn't find anything on it. Thoughts?!

I assume its the OBD connector...but any insight would be amazing. Thanks all!

Last edited:

rjmartini

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride