First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This has been tested and will work on all models that do not have a Ford Navigation system installed. It should work on models with a Ford Navigation system but will require different settings and may also require some APIM module changes to fully integrate the Navigation sign information into the display cluster.

Tools need

Forscan software and a programming cable

Tutorial assumes you already know how to program using forscan.

Method 1 - No Ford Navigation system installed
This applies to 4 inch and 6 inch clusters, this will show the traffic speed signs as round in the 6inch clusters.

First we need to enable TSR camera function in the Image Processing Module
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables TSR in camera only mode and the sign mode being SLOIF
SLOIF = speed limit and overpass signs

Next we need to activate it in the instrument cluster
IPC
720-03-02
xxCx-xxxx-xxxx

This activates the TSR menu

Next optionally is for the speed warning menu. If you leave it default you'll get 2 tolerance options for below and above 35 MPH. If you set this it will display it as a single tolerance option.

IPC
720-10-01
xCxx xxxx xxxx

This will display it as a single option. The tolerance will flash the speed limit sign in the cluster if you are traveling that many miles or more above the posted speed limit.

Finally if you want an audible warning to going along with the tolerance setting this value will enable chimes.

IPC
720-04-01
xxxx-xx4x-xxxx

This will give an option to enable chimes in the speed warning section of the menu

Method 2 - No Ford Navigation system installed recommended for 6inch cluster screens.
Thanks to @nickn066 for pointing this out originally

This also applies to 4inch cluster screens.
This method enables Speed Sign Recognition which is a subset of TSR. It is a different menu and only applies to speed limit signs. If you have a 6 inch cluster and want the speed limit signs to be displayed as squares like in the 4inch cluster screen then use this method instead.

First we need to enable TSR camera function in the Image Processing Module there are 2 settings that will work

IPMA setting 1
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables TSR in camera only mode and the sign mode being SLOIF
SLOIF = speed limit and overpass signs

IPMA setting 2
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD3-xxxxx

This enables TSR in camera only mode and the sign mode being SLIF
SLIF = speed limit signs only

It is recommended to use setting 2 here since the SSR menu in the IPC cluster only operates in SLIF mode.

Next and finally we just need to enable the Speed Sign Recognition menu in the cluster. By default it is disabled.

IPC
720-09-01
xxxx-xxxx-8xxx

This enables the Speed Sign Recognition menu.

Method 3 - Ford Navigation system installed.
writeup to follow

That is it and if you did everything correctly TSR which is undocumented on the Maverick thus far will be enabled and working correctly in the instrument cluster with no conflicts with other safety features.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is known is this
Forscan code
IPC
C8CC 01C1
you can also use xxCx xxxx and a few other numbers in the place of C to enable the TSR screens but some will also knock out trailer sway control. This particular setting doesn't. It may also give you a greyed out trailer sway control option on vehicles without a tow hitch installed.
It defaults to KM/H without any input from the image processing module.

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) main.JPG

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) Kmph.JPG

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) settings.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can get the image processing module to talk to the cluster for TSR.

The forscan code that does so is this
IPMA
706-01-01 xxxx-xxDB-xxxx

This will set the speed warning settings to MPH on a US built Maverick. You will also get an error message in the cluster about reduced performance of the traffic sign recognition performance.
There are more settings in the IPMA to turn on to get this fully working.

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) Mph.JPG

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Besides those 2 modules there may also be extra settings for the displaying of signs in the audio console if you have an APIM module installed and possibly settings for trims without APIM in the ACM module.

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are awesome!

P.S. What are the Forscan codes for enabling AWD in my hybrid? :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So for this code
IPMA
706-01-01 xxxx-xxDB-xxxx

I get the following message
Traffic Sign Reduced Performance See Manual

According to the manual on an equiped system.
The traffic sign data provided by the navigation system is unavailable due to weak or no signal. Wait for a short period of time for the signal to improve. If the message continues to appear, have the system checked as soon as possible.

Means the system works with and without a Nav system which the settings for that would be in an APIM module which is not installed on this vehicle. Next step is to play around with that code to see how to enable the camera correctly without an APIM module. Also if I am reading the manual correctly from a Ford Escape this will only recognize speed limit signs.

Last edited:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If this can be enabled on a Lariat Lux, I'd like this feature when the time comes.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If this can be enabled on a Lariat Lux, I'd like this feature when the time comes.
It is possible that is should work on that trim. Even though it looks like the speed sensors are different from Escapes to Mavericks the functionality should be the same when enabled.

If you have a Lariat Lux, Forscan and a programming cable, pm me if you want to attempt this and I'll walk you through it best I can.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is possible that is should work on that trim. Even though it looks like the speed sensors are different from Escapes to Mavericks the functionality should be the same when enabled.

If you have a Lariat Lux, Forscan and a programming cable, pm me if you want to attempt this and I'll walk you through it best I can.
I won't have my Maverick for months to come, but thank you for that offer!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I won't have my Maverick for months to come, but thank you for that offer!
The Biggest hurdle is to see if I can get the image module to activate without the error message when no APIM module is available regardless if does work or not for starters.

From the Escape manual

" HOW DOES SPEED SIGN RECOGNITION WORK Speed sign recognition uses a sensor behind the interior mirror to detect speed signs. If your vehicle has speed sign recognition with navigation, stored speed sign data may influence the indicated speed limit value."

I read that as if your vehicle has navigation not that it has to have it as a requirement. The Nav systems when equipped are in the APIM module. So I will keep at it some more and see what I can do.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Observation concerning the driver alert system and TSR. When enabled with DAS it seems to change how it calculates when to alert based upon how far your speed deviates from the last posted speed limit sign it scans regardless of how much you go out of a lane. If you stay close to the last posted speed it takes much longer to trigger. If the TSR isn't enabled it will trigger much sooner.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Might be interested but like someone else, I won’t have mine for a few months. Lariat Lux build.

Any concerns why this is present but not enabled? There’s no trim it’s even available on so just wondering if there’s any kind of safety concern enabling it.
It is available on other vehicles now like the Ford Escape. Could be an oversight or they couldn't figure out how to price it into a package. Could be any number of reasons. They tend to build things modular and it is only a case of turning on and off features not if they will work in the first place. The only issue I see if there is one is there a valid breaking system config in the ABS module for adaptive with intelligent cruise control vs adaptive cruise control. I know what the code should be but don't know if it actually works.
Sponsored