First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This mod has now been confirmed to work on all stock cluster types, makes and Maverick models.

The coach mode is a special custom favorite screen that is similar to the digital speedometer but also has metrics that grade how you are driving to maximize fuel economy. It works with any selectable drive mode including the FX4 package drive modes. This is a coaching feature and not an actual drive mode, it will enable even if eco drive mode is not available.

To fully activate it requires 3 changes in the IPC module.

First change is to enable eco coach mode

IPC
720-09-01
xxxx 9xxx xxxx
leave x values as default

This turns on eco coach mode. If done correctly and you also have eco drive mode, the eco drive mode will now be a small leaf with the word eco underneath it.

Next we need to enable the eco coach mode in the myview screen
720-09-02
xxx1 xxxx

This turns on eco coach mode option in the myview screen. Once selected you'll get a digital speedometer with a blue and white circle around the speed. Pressing the okay button on the right steering wheel switch will give you driving metrics like acceleration and deceleration showing how efficient you are driving.

Finally there is a driver assistance option which will give you advice on how to maximize your fuel economy in the eco coach screen.

720-10-01
xxxx 2xxx xxxx

This enables eco coach driver assistance option for eco advice in the driver assistance menu.

Pictures to follow of the screens.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One thing to keep in mind if you do not enable the 720-09-01 setting and enable the other 2, it will knock out the driver mode selection button.

Also I did a cross check against a Hybrid XL as built data and it is possible this mode may also be available and separate from the hybrid coach mode for the electric motor. Someone who has a hybrid and forscan will need to confirm this.

Last edited:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is this something for foreign markets but not N.America? Why would it be there but not be turned on?

And if a "pay" feature why not on Lariat Lux?

I don't understand this.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for posting. I so want to modify several of the changes you have discovered.

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The EV coach on the Hybrid has a bar that shows if you are in Electric, Hybrid or Gas mode that goes up and down according to your throttle. I will try and find a photo. Nothing as detailed as this.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did some driving with this before and how it works at least for acceleration and deceleration is if you press the gas or brake to do either too fast for example the blue circle will shrink in size the more inefficiently you do so. Also it is not cumulative, you turn off the key it resets the metrics.

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The EV coach on the Hybrid has a bar that shows if you are in Electric, Hybrid or Gas mode that goes up and down according to your throttle. I will try and find a photo. Nothing as detailed as this.
Here is a video. Not sure it ever says gas mode. Maybe it is just Hybrid or Electric.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Until verified otherwise I am going to say this most likely is not the same thing and should be available as an option on hybrids since they use different addresses and values for that hybrid coach mode than this.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this something for foreign markets but not N.America? Why would it be there but not be turned on?

And if a "pay" feature why not on Lariat Lux?

I don't understand this.
I don't know and it is not a pay feature far as I know.

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree. This is somewhat different and could be helpful to have a more detailed ECO coach on the hybrid as well.

Until verified otherwise I am going to say this most likely is not the same thing and should be available as an option on hybrids since they use different addresses and values for that hybrid coach mode than this.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree. This is somewhat different and could be helpful to have a more detailed ECO coach on the hybrid as well.
There should be confirmation on the 6inch clusters and hybrids in the following days as forum members start doing the modification.