Sponsored

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I kept reading about all the things you can do with FORScan. I did not know what it was. I googled it and found this on Youtube. At least now I know what the heck all these guys are talking about, and how they are doing it.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I kept reading about all the things you can do with FORScan. I did not know what it was. I googled it and found this on Youtube. At least now I know what the heck all these guys are talking about, and how they are doing it.

I love ForScan. Used it on my Bronco to disable the double-honk when no fob is inside, enabled the global close for the windows (close windows from the fob), and added Sport driving mode (First Edition doesn't have it by default... here's the before and after of that change):

This is stock -7 Driving modes: Normal, Eco, Slippery, Mud/Rut, Sand, Baja, and Rock Crawl):

Ford Maverick FORScan 101 - Step-by-Step How to Start Guide GroupMe_20211231_21143

This is how it looks now - now I have all 8 modes:
Ford Maverick FORScan 101 - Step-by-Step How to Start Guide GroupMe_20211231_21148

You don't need to buy an Extended License - you can get a trial one and keep renewing it only when you need to edit something, too. All this change took was changing one digit of the ABS module, and restart the Bronco. It took me all of about 5 minutes to do.

I am hoping the options for what can be modified on the Maverick are as plentiful. :)

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Would love to see Eco and Sport on the FX4. I work in tech but know nothing about car electronics, so I'll leave it to the experts to figure out how to do it. 😂

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's interesting what is actually in the vehicle that Ford arbitrarily says yes/no to for each model and trim, when there's zero cost to including the features.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if Ford can go all Tesla on us and "correct" these changes while we're all snuggy in our beds at night?

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This would be great to have a thread just for Maverick FOREScan mods that people have done and hopefully include a step by step how the changes are made. Just like @UberGadgetFreak showed us how easy it was to make a change and really improve his Bronco. I hope to be able to do the same for my Maverick.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's interesting what is actually in the vehicle that Ford arbitrarily says yes/no to for each model and trim, when there's zero cost to including the features.
It's kind of annoying. I mean, yeah it costs money to code and you have to earn it back and all, but once it's completed, the production cost is basically zero from that point on. And yeah, Ford needs something to sell, but if they wanted to sell me FX4 I would have seen it as a better value if I got ALL the modes instead of having eco and sport replaced with mud/ruts and sand. They will never convince me that adding those modes back can somehow cause harm to the vehicle. Unfortunately they can and will use it as an excuse not to honor their warranty.

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a tech freak and do pretty well with this kind of stuff but the whole thing is way too risky for me. It also smells like a brand new source of addiction. As I started to watch the Video I ordered right away the hardware but as soon as I saw what a rabbit hole this can become, I cancelled my order. I think for now I am going to pass....

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The nicest part is that you can save an image before any changes are made so you can roll them back. The biggest challenges are whether or not you have the components for a feature, and making sure you follow the correct steps. But again, even if that messes up, you can reload the original configuration and get back to stock pretty easily.

Sponsored

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
You don't need to buy an Extended License
It's $10 for a year and $20 for 3 years. Support the people developing and maintaining this awesome product. It's a tiny amount of money for what you get in return.

Sincerely,

Your friendly neighborhood software developer

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would love to see Eco and Sport on the FX4. I work in tech but know nothing about car electronics, so I'll leave it to the experts to figure out how to do it. 😂
I would love to see mud/ruts and sand on my non FX 4 :p

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am a tech freak and do pretty well with this kind of stuff but the whole thing is way too risky for me. It also smells like a brand new source of addiction. As I started to watch the Video I ordered right away the hardware but as soon as I saw what a rabbit hole this can become, I cancelled my order. I think for now I am going to pass....
It is, I learned how to do this on my M5, have programmed many features into it.

Stoopid313

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat awd eco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used Forscan on my 2013 F-150. I turned on the DRLs, added Navi, added 3 blink lane change, changed the center display, removed satellite radio…

The problem is you need to know what all the codes are and what to change them to.
I got my Maverick loaded so I shouldn’t need to change anything.
Sponsored