First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI I think both of these options are in EASY mode now for IPC, I did it without as-built codes to change to square signs. What I don't have is the color inversion after some time. The signs stay for a while, then disappear, no inverted colors.

Note: Disabling TSR in IPC means a little bit more than square vs round signs I believe. You lose the recognition of signs other than speed signs with this change. The only other signs it recognized for me before making this change was passing zone signs, which for me wasn't so useful anyways and didn't seem reliable. I am not sure, if there are any other signs others have noticed it recognizes with TSR enabled?

@nickn066 - Do you mind sharing how you came up with these codes? I'm curious to learn how people are discovering these codes. What's interesting for me is when I used EASY mode to enable SLIF in the IPC module, it actually set 720-09-01 to xxxx xxxx 9x, 9 instead of 8. For those that understand binary, I think that's because each hexadecimal value actually represents up to 4 different settings (aka bits):

Hex value 8 represents 4 binary bits: 1-0-0-0.
Hex value 9 represents 4 binary bits: 1-0-0-1.

What this tells me, is it is probably only the first bit being turned on that actually enables SLIF. But... I guess this also means that if I would have entered "8" into as-built, I might've been unknowingly turning something else off (whatever that 4th bit set to 1 represents).
F150 settings, while using a different address for this, has the following configuration for value 8:

8 =TSR enabled ā€¢ TS disabled ā€¢ TBS disabled ā€¢ TSP disabled

This seems to match what I mentioned previously, where 8 represents in binary 4 switches: (1000: On, Off, Off Off)

So, setting it to 9 (1001: On-Off-Off-On) I guess keeps TSP enabled. I had to Google what the heck is TSP, i guess it is the feature that lets you pause your trip meter by pressing the "OK" button. I guess most people didn't even know this feature existed (i didn't!), so probably not a big deal for most, but it's good to be aware if you are setting values in "As-Built" mode, be warned, you might be changing 3 settings that you didn't intend to change by setting 1 value!
Sponsored

TruckPrius

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat Lux CP360 Assist
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just did this myself via easy mode on my Lariat as well

IPMA settings:

• Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) - Speed Limit Information Function (SLIF)
  • Traffic Sign Recognition Mode - Camera data only
IPC settings:

• Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) - Disabled
  • Speed Limit Information Function (SLIF) - Enabled
1705862505151.png

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got this working but donā€™t see all the other options others have, just these.
I donā€™t want anything beeping or going crazy if I happen to accidentally exceed the speed limit going down hillšŸ˜‰

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) IMG_3088

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) IMG_3089

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have this one coming up. The activate TSR one.

Eventhough I got this to work at my first try at FORScan I hope I didn't mess anything up. I did use the easy mode to change things not the numbers way.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have this one coming up. The activate TSR one.

Eventhough I got this to work at my first try at FORScan I hope I didn't mess anything up. I did use the easy mode to change things not the numbers way.
If you enable the TSR option in the IPC then the menu appears. You may not actually need to, though, as just enabling it in the IPMA will still allow the instrument cluster to start showing the sign indicator. Ironically that's actually one of the factors between getting the round signs and square signs in the Lariat cluster, it seems.

Sponsored

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you enable the TSR option in the IPC then the menu appears. You may not actually need to, though, as just enabling it in the IPMA will still allow the instrument cluster to start showing the sign indicator. Ironically that's actually one of the factors between getting the round signs and square signs in the Lariat cluster, it seems.
Oh ok, I guess I did it right by accident since the signs show up as squares lol.
Thanks guys for the info and the confidence build up.

Toinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a '23 EB Lariat Lux FX4 Tow. I successfully enabled TSR in easy mode, but initially had the round signs (European?). When I changed the IPC to enable SLIF, the square signs (US) appeared as they should. See post #452 for the simplest of instructions, although I enabled the TSR in the IPC. This gives you the I/O option on the cluster (for Lariat's, at least).

Last edited:

Raphaelfns

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Raphael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello friend, Raphael from Brazil here.

Why on my TSR shows two speed signs, instead of one? Can you guys help me?

Thank you

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

Raphaelfns