Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Has anybody with a Hybrid and the 4-inch screen attempted this mod yet?
Sponsored

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just completed it! Yes, it’s there.

Ford Maverick FORScan Mod – Enable Eco Coach Mode 9B049EB9-4E4D-4AEC-80BB-7A2905EF427F

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
However, it doesn’t give any coaching information while driving.

Ford Maverick FORScan Mod – Enable Eco Coach Mode A4AC4A8B-B7AF-4BC5-B598-C00BBFF4DBEE

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I press OK, the Acceleration, Deceleration, and Speed seem to have valid ranks. No compliance score, but that might come at the end of a trip.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This mod so far applies to 4 inch or 6 inch instrument clusters and gas only 2.0L ecoboost engines. Hybrid owners will have to confirm if this is a different coach mode than what is available for 2.5L hybrids.

The coach mode is a special custom favorite screen that is similar to the digital speedometer but also has metrics that grade how you are driving to maximize fuel economy. It works with any selectable drive mode including the FX4 package drive modes. This is a coaching feature and not an actual drive mode, it will enable even if eco drive mode is not available.

To fully activate it requires 3 changes in the IPC module.

First change is to enable eco coach mode

IPC
720-09-01
xxxx 9xxx xxxx
leave x values as default

This turns on eco coach mode. If done correctly and you also have eco drive mode, the eco drive mode will now be a small leaf with the word eco underneath it.

Next we need to enable the eco coach mode in the myview screen
720-09-02
xxx1 xxxx

This turns on eco coach mode option in the myview screen. Once selected you'll get a digital speedometer with a blue and white circle around the speed. Pressing the okay button on the right steering wheel switch will give you driving metrics like acceleration and deceleration showing how efficient you are driving.

Finally there is a driver assistance option which will give you advice on how to maximize your fuel economy in the eco coach screen.

720-10-01
xxxx 2xxx xxxx

This enables eco coach driver assistance option for eco advice in the driver assistance menu.

Pictures to follow of the screens.
Would you have a video of how the circle reacts while driving?

Sponsored

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good deal, I'll update the main post. On the 4 inch cluster the digital speedometer is one of options for the myview screen.

As far as metrics goes why it doesn't have a compliance metric I don't know. The good driver display only comes on when you turn the engine off but leave the key in the on position after driving on the 4inch cluster. Should work the same on yours.
Well I tried every value from 1 to F and it was a chore having to reselect the mode display screen after each write, then verify "advice" was still there in the menu and selected. There was never an "advice" screen after turning off the truck and leaving the ignition on.

This of course means one of two things - 1) the "advice" screen isn't available on the 6 inch display or, 2) I did something wrong. It could go either way but I am pretty firmly in the camp that it isn't gonna show!

Still, I like the Eco Coach Mode you uncovered just as I have it!

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can confirm this works on the Escape digital cluster as well. It has this cool affect the on the speedometer to let you know if it's operating efficiently . The needle glows green until you start driving aggressively.

I also get a screen option to view my metrics.
Ford Maverick FORScan Mod – Enable Eco Coach Mode IMG_3345

Last edited:

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In regards to the display enabled on my XL Hybrid. It does react to indicate ‘better driving’ behavior. On the outside of the blue ring is a white stripe that comes and goes with more or less throttle. I’ve come to notice it seems to be a good indicator, while running all electric of the threshold to keep the ICE off. As the ICE is running, more throttle reduces the intensity and width of the blue ring, see the video below.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got this working, but doesnt seem to do much if anything, does look cool tho. Watching the video above of the hybrid, my eco doesnt change rapidly like that while driving, seems very subtle.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know why everyone else aka 6 inch clusters and 4 inch clusters on the hybrids are not getting the eco advice screen which is this one.
Ford Maverick FORScan Mod – Enable Eco Coach Mode p6

My one guess is it maybe tied to the compliance rating but either way you should only see it when you cut the engine but still have power on.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found a possible code for the compliance metric.

Try the following for the IPC module

720-01-01
xxxx xxxx x*xx
* = try a value of 2 or 3

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know why everyone else aka 6 inch clusters and 4 inch clusters on the hybrids are not getting the eco advice screen which is this one.
p6.jpg

My one guess is it maybe tied to the compliance rating but either way you should only see it when you cut the engine but still have power on.
I get the Good Driving Behavior rating on my XL EB after shutting down, what is the "More Info" noted below the MPG status? How is the More Info accessed?

EDIT; I found while the driving coach is displayed, press the OK button and it will show your ratings.

Last edited:

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4 4K, 2020 Tiguan SE 4-Motion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I just purchased an ODBlink EX to enable eco mode.

I'm really excited to hear that there's an eco mode coach too. I'm guessing this is confirmed to work on FX4 models?

BTW is forscan extended license essential for making these changes on one vehicle? It's only twelve bucks but I know the license is only for one year so there's no point in paying if it's not essential.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BTW is forscan extended license essential for making these changes on one vehicle? It's only twelve bucks but I know the license is only for one year so there's no point in paying if it's not essential.
No. You can just apply for another free 2 months when the first expires.