name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you disable "normal" mode?

You know lots of people want Eco every day, and for Hybrids, Slippery mode is significantly better for easy MPG boost.
I drive in Slippery EVERY DAY but have to push the button 3x every key start.
No as far as I know. But to be fair I've never actually tried to do so. I will try it and report back.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No as far as I know. But to be fair I've never actually tried to do so. I will try it and report back.
The answer is you can but it gets overridden elsewhere and is still active.

Last edited:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for checking.
I guess there's always the circuit add-on build to just actually press the button 3 times, but automatically Or now, I'm just in a habit of doing it, like putting on a seat belt the urgency of a "mod" gets less and less.

Appreciate you looking into it.

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost with AWD, Tow Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Several months ago I added Eco and Sport modes to my 2.0 AWD FX4 with 4K Tow using Forscan. Yesterday all of a sudden Eco and Sport modes disappeared and I'm back to the factory only modes. Any idea why that is? Has anyone else experienced this?

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Several months ago I added Eco and Sport modes to my 2.0 AWD FX4 with 4K Tow using Forscan. Yesterday all of a sudden Eco and Sport modes disappeared and I'm back to the factory only modes. Any idea why that is? Has anyone else experienced this?
It’s possible Ford pushed out an automatic over the air update that reset your modules but you ought to be able to reactivate them again the same as you did before.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s possible Ford pushed out an automatic over the air update that reset your modules but you ought to be able to reactivate them again the same as you did before.
That or if he had his ABS module reprogrammed for the trailer brake light recall. That had knocked all my custom ABS settings out when they did mine.

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That or if he had his ABS module reprogrammed for the trailer brake light recall. That had knocked all my custom ABS settings out when they did mine.
That's it! I just got the recall done right before it happened. Thank you.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen quite a few posts on here about using ForScan to do this modification but I'm wondering if it's possible for a dealer to easily do the same thing via their computer systems?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen quite a few posts on here about using ForScan to do this modification but I'm wondering if it's possible for a dealer to easily do the same thing via their computer systems?
They probably could but unless you know a tech and/or the service manager pretty well I doubt they're going to want to make arbitrary, not Ford approved code changes you found on the internet.

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The ford technicians can make all kinda changes for
diagnostic purposes only but have to reset everything back like it was when done.and yes it helps to be a good friend of the technician.😉

Sponsored

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just had the tail light recall software update performed by my dealer. I notice it wiped out my Sport and Eco modes (I have the FX4 with 4K) but kept all of my other Forscan changes (turning off various chimes, disabled panic alarm on FOB). So they must be ok with owners doing some Forscan mods, but not adding those modes.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just had the tail light recall software update performed by my dealer. I notice it wiped out my Sport and Eco modes (I have the FX4 with 4K) but kept all of my other Forscan changes (turning off various chimes, disabled panic alarm on FOB). So they must be ok with owners doing some Forscan mods, but not adding those modes.
That's because the changes for enabling drive modes is done in the ABS module. The trailer brake recall reprogrammed the ABS module and likely would have included resetting the configuration values in it to as-built, but not have affected the other modules such as the ones you mention being stored in the BCM.

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should the drive modes be enabled in the ABS "as built" line or just the ABS line? In the non "as built" selection, you must DISABLE ABS?? Is this antilock braking being disabled?

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should the drive modes be enabled in the ABS "as built" line or just the ABS line? In the non "as built" selection, you must DISABLE ABS?? Is this antilock braking being disabled?
No.