Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here are the three modules where I made changes:

ABS MODULE
disabled ABS
enabled Sport, Eco modes

BCM MODULE (BODY CONTROL MODULE)
disabled BMS / Auto Start Stop system

IPC MODULE (INTEGRATED CONTROL PANEL, OR INSTRUMENT CLUSTER NAVIGATION)
disabled Auto Stop Start
Followed the above instructions yet the auto stop still works. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost with AWD, Tow Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Followed the above instructions yet the auto stop still works. Any suggestions?
Auto stop still works in Eco mode because it's a basic feature of that mode. All of the other modes the default is off for auto start. If you followed the above directions and it's still on when you start the vehicle, I don't have a clue.

DHouch1813

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick XLT Lux, FX4 w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Maverick2022XL have you noticed ECO mode not performing as good now? I couldn't figure out if it was the cold weather/ gas mixture change, Fords Oil change where they may had done something, or what. Yesterday I noticed on the way home from work that ECO mode isn't keeping me at 1500 RPMs anymore and Im coasting now at around 2000 constantly unless going Im going 60 or below. I was averaging 29.5-32 MPG on hwy (200 miles round trip everyday for wrk) and now Im struggling to get above 25 MPG. Did a quick search and found this thread but doesnt look like he adding ECO and Sport modes. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/transmission-acting-different.24228/#post-454813

BruisedLee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The ABS module doesn't show up on mine but I can see the Terrain Management option

ATL_Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kawasaki zx6r, bmw 328is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did mine today, no issues. Fx4 with tow package added sport and eco. I also noticed a little further down on the same page there are pre set options for tire sizes. Since I put 245's on mine I switched that from the 225's to the 235's. The speedometer was only off by a few at highway speeds so hopefully that will help.

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) 20221211_120048

Sponsored

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Maverick2022XL have you noticed ECO mode not performing as good now? I couldn't figure out if it was the cold weather/ gas mixture change, Fords Oil change where they may had done something, or what. Yesterday I noticed on the way home from work that ECO mode isn't keeping me at 1500 RPMs anymore and Im coasting now at around 2000 constantly unless going Im going 60 or below. I was averaging 29.5-32 MPG on hwy (200 miles round trip everyday for wrk) and now Im struggling to get above 25 MPG. Did a quick search and found this thread but doesnt look like he adding ECO and Sport modes. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/transmission-acting-different.24228/#post-454813
Changing the drive modes has nothing to do with the transmission and I am at 20k miles now and haven't experienced this issue with my truck and having these drive modes enabled. The was a recall for ABS reprogramming for the trailer brake light issue which knocked out these settings on mine but once restored everything worked correctly again.

Before blaming the transmission I'd check for oil in the intercooler as an issue. It should be covered under warranty if the intercooler is sludged up robbing power from the turbo. If that turns out to be the case after it is cleaned out put on an oil catch can.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did mine today, no issues. Fx4 with tow package added sport and eco. I also noticed a little further down on the same page there are pre set options for tire sizes. Since I put 245's on mine I switched that from the 225's to the 235's. The speedometer was only off by a few at highway speeds so hopefully that will help.

20221211_120048.jpg
Far as I know that value is not for the speedometer but for how the braking is applied based on the size / tread of the tire. For the speedometer you need to change the tire circumference value in the BCM.

I'd also use if you change the tire circumference the stock value for an R 17 or R 18 depending your tires R value.

The circumference value is in MM like 2273 which converted to hex is 08E1, that is the unloaded circumference of a 225 stock tire and stored here after converted to hex.
BCM
726-04-04
xxxx-xxxx-**xx
This line gets the first 2 digits and in this case that would be 08

726-04-05
**xx-xxxx-xxx
This line gets the second 2 digits and in this case that would be E1.

To do the actual tire circumference calculation using 225 65 / R17 as an example

First we need to calculate the sidewall height which is (profile ratio * width) / 100

That value will be in mm.

SH = (65 * 225) / 100 = 146.25 mm

Next we need to calculate the tire diameter.
First we need to convert the rim size into mm.
To convert any value from inches to millimeters and vice versa
X inches * 25.4 = Y mm
conversely
Y mm / 25.4 = X inches

rim = 17 inches * 25.4 = 431.8 mm

Second the actual diameter which is rim size + (2 * sidewall height)
tire diameter = 431.8 mm + (2 *146.25 mm) = 724.3 mm

Finally the actual tire circumference is
C = tire diameter * pi
C = 724.3 mm * 3.14159 = ~2275.45 mm

The loaded weight circumference is usually 96% to 99% the circumference calculated as following
for 96%
.96 * tire circumference value in MM

for 99%
.99 * tire circumference value in MM

The module is picky about the value so you'll have to experiment with values in that range to get it to take.

Last edited:

DHouch1813

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Changing the drive modes has nothing to do with the transmission and I am at 20k miles now and haven't experienced this issue with my truck and having these drive modes enabled. The was a recall for ABS reprogramming for the trailer brake light issue which knocked out these settings on mine but once restored everything worked correctly again.

Before blaming the transmission I'd check for oil in the intercooler as an issue. It should be covered under warranty if the intercooler is sludged up robbing power from the turbo. If that turns out to be the case after it is cleaned out put on an oil catch can.
After the recall fix did the modes still show up? I had that recall done in early October, ECO and SPORT modes are still selectable for me but thats when I started noticed the MPG was lower than it was.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After the recall fix did the modes still show up? I had that recall done in early October, ECO and SPORT modes are still selectable for me but thats when I started noticed the MPG was lower than it was.
Nope and the recall update also knocked out the cruise control mod I did. I had backed up my settings beforehand and reloaded them in to get everything working again. 2 things to try, first do an ABS module reset. Second if that doesn't help try getting the original as built data from Ford, rewrite all the settings for the ABS from it then redo your mods. Also if you are showing a DTC code of I think P160A, either 160A or 140A you'll have to do an adaptive relearn on the PCM along with a module reset of whatever module is also throwing DTC codes like the ABS in this case.

Last edited:

DHouch1813

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope and the recall update also knocked out the cruise control mod I did. I had backed up my settings beforehand and reloaded them in to get everything working again. 2 things to try, first do an ABS module reset. Second if that doesn't help try getting the original as built data from Ford, rewrite all the settings for the ABS from it then redo your mods. Also if you are showing a DTC code of I think P160A, either 160A or 140A you'll have to do an adaptive relearn on the PCM along with a module reset of whatever module is also throwing DTC codes like the ABS in this case.
Hooked up, took some pictures as I’m not really sure what to make of it but the ABS has no DTC. Won’t show what DTCs all other modules are seeing. Eco and sport is still set up the same.

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) F1CC72A3-D980-434E-8FFF-1F0FDE94E024

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) DC16080C-ED8B-49AD-A8E6-9333E5F425A4

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) 2FDA9D41-918A-486E-B000-3A69F4380D4B

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What if you want to enable the eco and sport
And
Keep the Auto S/S feature

Because I did the and disable abs the enable of eco and sport
But s/s seems to have stopped working in normal mode

Thank you
Remember if it is cold outside, or you are running heated seats/steering wheel, high AC or anything else that requires a lot of power, your truck will automatically disable auto stop/start to keep sufficient power flowing to all your devices. Could that be the reason you are experiencing this?

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Silly question here:

Can Forscan remove drive modes?

would that be a work around to get the truck to default to the mode you like?

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Silly question here:

Can Forscan remove drive modes?

would that be a work around to get the truck to default to the mode you like?
Absolutely. Once you disable the ABS drive mode you can selectively enable disable any mode except for the default drive mode.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hooked up, took some pictures as I’m not really sure what to make of it but the ABS has no DTC. Won’t show what DTCs all other modules are seeing. Eco and sport is still set up the same.

F1CC72A3-D980-434E-8FFF-1F0FDE94E024.jpeg

DC16080C-ED8B-49AD-A8E6-9333E5F425A4.jpeg

2FDA9D41-918A-486E-B000-3A69F4380D4B.jpeg
Only thing I can guess is you didn't have the key turned fully on with the engine off for the DTC not reading in the other modules. Your ABS settings all look good otherwise.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Absolutely. Once you disable the ABS drive mode you can selectively enable disable any mode except for the default drive mode.
Can you disable "normal" mode?

You know lots of people want Eco every day, and for Hybrids, Slippery mode is significantly better for easy MPG boost.
I drive in Slippery EVERY DAY but have to push the button 3x every key start.
Sponsored