crbalch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if I can unlock Sport mode on my 23 Lariat Tremor?

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost with AWD, Tow Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if I can unlock Sport mode on my 23 Lariat Tremor?
Positive. I unlocked it on my XLT so am sure you can on Lariat. I spent 2 seconds Googling and came up with this, which I haven't watched all the way.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wish you could get the Trail Control on a 4K AWD Maverick.

There is this trip I take regularly down this unimproved washboard road to an isolated pueblo (Cochibampo, Sonora, Mexico)... There is 6 miles of the road that are very rough and I'll admit I start getting impatient and abusing my vehicles more than I do. When I get a Maverick, I don't want to to that. However, I need the 4k Tow, so the Tremor is out. I wish I could just set cruise at 9mph and just relax as the truck took 40 minutes to drive that 6 miles.

I wish you could get the Trail Control speed control activated on regular AWD.... Don't know if it really needs the double clutch differential? Does it show up in Forscan?

Sponsored

MasonicMoth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Moth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL 2.0, 17 Mini Clubman ALL4 Truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I noticed; I used FORScan to disable the Auto Start/Stop module - but after driving it once, it turned itself back on! My buddy works at a Ford dealership and says "there's more than just the auto s/s module you have to disable, but I can't remember which ones" so now I'm looking for help on what to do to permanently disable the start/stop... the "bad battery" swap thing seems like a struggle, and I don't have a bad battery laying around to do it anyway lol

It only turns off the button not the system. The auto start stop accumulator on the transmission will still function and shut off as long as the PCM or BCM? I forgot which module sees it connected. The module actual on off setting is stored in non persisent memory portion of one of those 2 modules. The BMS (battery management system) sets that setting in the module on every start. With that said there are a few ways to keep the A/S from activating. The only one I would recommend is the following because it is known issue on other Fords and doesn't seem to cause issues because it is far as I know actually an engineered off solution for a specific problem.

What you do is you hook up a bad battery to the truck and start it a few times. How many times I don't know but do know you do it enough the BMS will set it to disabled and write that setting from there on in to the PCM or BCM? module on every startup from there on in. Put your good battery back in, no A/S activation at all regardless of whether you the press the console button or not. The only way to reset it is to reset the BMS sensor itself. The BMS reset is also supposed to be done when you put a new battery in.

crbalch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I noticed; I used FORScan to disable the Auto Start/Stop module - but after driving it once, it turned itself back on! My buddy works at a Ford dealership and says "there's more than just the auto s/s module you have to disable, but I can't remember which ones" so now I'm looking for help on what to do to permanently disable the start/stop... the "bad battery" swap thing seems like a struggle, and I don't have a bad battery laying around to do it anyway lol
I bought the $99 module from Auto Stop Eliminator and it works perfect! Highly recommend and took two min to install

MasonicMoth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Moth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL 2.0, 17 Mini Clubman ALL4 Truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the $99 module from Auto Stop Eliminator and it works perfect! Highly recommend and took two min to install
Solid call... I took your advice. Found a discount code on Google that gave $10 off and no tax, so for $89 it's on the way! Pretty jazzed, ty for the suggestion!

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I noticed; I used FORScan to disable the Auto Start/Stop module - but after driving it once, it turned itself back on! My buddy works at a Ford dealership and says "there's more than just the auto s/s module you have to disable, but I can't remember which ones"
Auto Start Stop is listed in two places that I've found: the Body Control Module and the IPC Module. You need to disable it in the Body Control Module. This will disable it in all drive modes except Eco Mode.

BMS / Auto Start Stop system (disable)

This doesn't actually disable it but makes OFF the default. In other words, you can still push the auto start stop button on the center control to turn it back on if you wanted. In Eco Mode it's always on because that is a main feature of that mode.

Sponsored

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Confirmed working on my 23 Lariat Tremor, unlocked Sport mode tonight, working perfectly
It's great isn't it? Once I had sport mode, that's the only mode I ever use, unless I'm driving off road or in snow.

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon, '17 JKU Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I notice you still can’t define which is your default mode when you turn the truck on. But I wonder if you could reorder them somehow so you can then set your preferred mode to the first item. Any forscan experts have a thought?

Kodiak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried forscan on my 23 XLT EB Maverick and it says vehicle not identified, contact developer...? Others are claiming it worked fine?

nicobonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicolás
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
soooooo, just fired up forscan for the first time, enabled the other drive modes (eco&sport) then ventured into the lighting section. I told the drls to be the parking lights and told thr low beams to not be DRLs and voila! I got my wish, drls are now my parking lights. side note, drls are NOT active in park, they activate once in drive, that may answer @bravesfan10c issue.
Hi,

I just saw your Youtube videos, I think I need your help.

I have an XLT (in Argentina), which seems to have a small difference, there is no option to turn off DRL using the screen controls. But just like you I don’t want to turn it off, I just want to make the turn lights my DRL.

Could you share with me your forscan configuration? Please?.

I’m kinda lost, my xlt also have ECO and Sport.

Thanks! Have a great day.

nicobonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicolás
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just found the "drl menu option". And add it using forscan...

But... if i check or uncheck the box nothing seems to change, but somehow... now I cant turn off the lights in R N or D. I dont know if this will last or I just hit the nail.

Any clues?. Right now the truck is perfect, but i dont understand why and if it will last.

Regards
Sponsored