Sponsored

Any idea why people are trading in their new Mavericks?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dang, I would have to have nearly 42k to break even. it adds up quick, MSRP, taxes, D&H, and a some accessories. I trying not to think about the money i’ve shelled out. I guess with the recent increase I should feel great full. at this point, I don’t think I could sell at a profit.
Sell at profit??? I wish, by the time I can even think of selling mine it will be #6 after wife and grand kids and I would have to have about $210k to break even!!!😱😱😱
Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mavericks are being traded because they are no good.
If you spend enough time on this site you will learn the TRUTH!

NUMEROUS massive problems documented...

Tailgates not level
Cracked windshields with only 1 or 2 rock impacts
Hoods fluttering when 6 inch tall plastic wings attached
Back up cameras don't work right when tailgate lowered
AM Radio reception not as good as 2005 Camry
Cactus Grey looks blue sometimes

There are more.

What am I forgetting guys?
Johnny5 online is overpaying. People with poor impulse control willing to pay 5 to 10k over MSRP for one due to limited supply. Monetary issues tend to move things not minor annoyances.

ion4449

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hy)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious about the back up camera not working right with tailgate lowered... isn't the camera fixed position? ... My XLT the camera is in the tailgate... so with tailgate up it shows a view of what's directly behind me... but lowered I get ground and rear bumper... that's how it should be isn't it with a fixed camera?

Bootstrap6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda 3 Hothatch Grand Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Id consider selling mine if was offered a good price but I'm still waiting for a build date :cry:. Bought another car while waiting for the mav and absolutely love it and it has more features than my mav has. The only thing my mav has going for it is the hybrid powertrain which is pretty significant in todays gas uncertainty. Might get the mav then dump after a week or keep it and dump my mazda.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Way that I see it, once my hybrid gets here, if I can get 30k for it, I will turn around and go get a 4wd Canyon/Colorado, Frontier, Ranger or Taco 🤣
You think those are immune to markups as well? This is industry wide, not just ford or the maverick. Anything you make off the mav will be gone getting into anything else.

Sponsored

AdventureSetterland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You think those are immune to markups as well? This is industry wide, not just ford or the maverick. Anything you make off the mav will be gone getting into anything else.
Not necessarily. Definitely Colorados and Canyons out there without a mark up.

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
I would agree in general, but I dunno about that in this specific case. An XL hybrid even with a maybe $5k markup will still be cheaper or in ballpark with entry level Civic or Camry won't it? The bonus is the Maverick is far more versatile than either sedan and gets better mileage too. Once you start moving up trim levels and options all bets are off.

I'm actually also looking at Civic (although most likely will get a Maverick). The only reason I'm looking at Civic is that you can still get one with a manual transmission.

The Maverick is what I've wanted for over a decade... A nice small fuel efficient pick up... But not coming in manual kills it for me... There again, no pickup except the gladiator comes with a manual... And I don't want a truck that will break down on me every 5000 miles.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm actually also looking at Civic (although most likely will get a Maverick). The only reason I'm looking at Civic is that you can still get one with a manual transmission.

The Maverick is what I've wanted for over a decade... A nice small fuel efficient pick up... But not coming in manual kills it for me... There again, no pickup except the gladiator comes with a manual... And I don't want a truck that will break down on me every 5000 miles.
I hear you. I was wanting a more mechanically updated mini truck for a few years myself. I've owned 2 Chevy LUV, 1 Datsun, 4 Rangers- and we bought a 2018 F-150. That works fine for the bigger jobs, but I wanted something smaller for everyday use. I looked at the reborn Ranger when it showed up- and it's not for me. Same with all the mid-size pickups. I really would have preferred smaller cab and longer bed in the Maverick, but you gotta take what they give you if you can live with it. I'm still months out from even getting into production (ordered Dec 15th) but I'll keep the Maverick at least until the 2023/24 Ranger comes out to see if it has more of what I wanted. If it does for reasonable $, I'll trade in the Maverick for Ranger. If not I'll just keep the Maverick until it, or I, Die. :D

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The Civic Sport Touring 6MT is an awesome vehicle. Highly recommend.

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I want a Hybrid, and couldn't even get my order in. That being said, in the last 10 hours I've had 3 dealers call and tell me they have new trade in Mavericks. 2000 miles or less (none are hybrids). Was curious why there would be such a "surge" for lack of a better word in trade-ins? Your thoughts would be great!

Judging from the overwhelming positive reviews in this forum I doubt those are many actual trade in's from buyer dislike. New car dealers.......what's not to believe?

Sponsored

Mach1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 mach1
Engine
Undecided
Hello All!

I want a Hybrid, and couldn't even get my order in. That being said, in the last 10 hours I've had 3 dealers call and tell me they have new trade in Mavericks. 2000 miles or less (none are hybrids). Was curious why there would be such a "surge" for lack of a better word in trade-ins? Your thoughts would be great!
Too many recalls? Bought my Hybrid to tow behind my motor home but if I can't rely on it why have it.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Too many recalls? Bought my Hybrid to tow behind my motor home but if I can't rely on it why have it.
Look at the date of the first post, that you just quoted, it's from January 2022. There was only one recall at that point.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sell at profit??? I wish, by the time I can even think of selling mine it will be #6 after wife and grand kids and I would have to have about $210k to break even!!!😱😱😱
I did actually trade my Mav in for a new Bronco. I did get 37K trade in for my 21 month old truck with 24K miles and a small accident. I did get hit for 5K above on the Bronco that included a 7 speed manual transmission.

Ford Maverick Any idea why people are trading in their new Mavericks? IMG_6399

Ford Maverick Any idea why people are trading in their new Mavericks? IMG_6268

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did actually trade my Mav in for a new Bronco. I did get 37K trade in for my 21 month old truck with 24K miles and a small accident. I did get hit for 5K above on the Bronco that included a 7 speed manual transmission.

IMG_6399.jpeg

IMG_6268.jpeg

^^ Sweet!

I pickup up my 2nd Maverick Hybrid last Friday and I was seated next to this the entire time. I think the salesman used that desk purposly. LOL

Loaded Heritage Sasquatch model. $94K ($74k plus $20k ADM)... I concidered it and am only glad there wasn't a black Bronco Raptor there... ;)

Ford Maverick Any idea why people are trading in their new Mavericks? QxkPEA

Ford Maverick Any idea why people are trading in their new Mavericks? 0ob4VG

Sponsored