Sponsored

People are definitely interested in these Mavericks!

NanJean

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the basic XL nothing special, white. It was a turn down from a customer and I was on a list. I wish I would have waited because I would have liked the XLT but this truck has not disappointed so far. The people who stop and look at it are those who know about trucks otherwise they just think it's another type of ranger.
Sponsored

SM2535

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would be one of those old guys if seen one parked.

My first vehicle was a 1977 Toyota Hi-Lux as no sub compact truck was made in the States. Then bought another in 1986, then a 1996 a Dakota Club and 2003 a Dakota Crew and in 2008 said uncle to high fuel prices. Have wanted a truck as need one about a half dozen times a year.

When I heard about the Maverick and it being a hybrid wanted one immediately but waited to order. My very bad. Then in October got serious about it and two dealers had an Eco boast. One sold there only one during the time feeling out the dealerships. The other had 2 and sold the XLT. Drove the XL and had plenty of power and like it and ordered that day. Being an October order maybe a August to December delivery or say about a year. Seems most wait at least 8 months except for eco boost orders as they seemed to have a pretty quick turn around time.
Ordered mine June 2021, and took delivery almost exactly six months later right before Xmas. I would have gone with the Hybrid, but not being able to get it with AWD was a dealbreaker for me. I'm driving up to the Whites every weekend, and AWD is a must-have for me.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From there I went to Lowes, I wish I would have taken photos. Full bed to dump, over $1000 of merchandise from Lowes, including lumber and floor leveler. The longest lumber was 12 ft, which hung out a wee bit...
The longest pieces I've run so far are 14 ft but I also use a bed extender when I do anything about 10 ft or longer.

I use this one from harbor freight. It works great and falls right at about the max tongue weight of 400lbs.
https://www.harborfreight.com/truck-bed-extender-69650.html

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, planning to get that very thing soon! It works well for the Mav?
Yep, if you do trade work I would say it is almost an essential if not extremely useful item to have. Besides the hauling use it works well as a makeshift sawhorse along with the tailgate of the bed. I haven't done so yet but I've seen others on the forum reverse the bar and use it as the back end of a makeshift ladder rack for kayaks.

The other thing unless you are going to have more than 350 - 400 lbs pressing on the bar it is the difference between 25 - 30 MPG to and from Lowes for large boards or 12 ft pieces of sheet rock vs 15 - 18 MPG using a trailer with an 2.0L ecoboost engine. As long as I don't have to make 2 trips for the same load with the extender vs 1 trip with the trailer that is money saved on fuel.

Last edited:

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for all of the positive responses. I'm still waiting on my late June order but only a few weeks from delivery. Wishing the best for everyone waiting on their new Mavs.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To the OP question. For the most part no unless I am already engaged with the person talking about something else and the truck happens to be in sight. Then they will ask about the truck. Usually that happens with the people who work at the store or others also waiting to load up. Same thing with my other truck which looks like an extra off the set of Sanford and Son.

Last edited:
Sponsored
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 ranger
I have had several people slow their walk as they passed by in parking lots... I have an XLT area 51, sibl, 400w inverter, full sized spare tire... it's definitely a good looking little truck.... by the way... ordered mine July 2021...received it in March 2022...worth the wait to me...
Same months I ordered mine got it 3-22-33

troynm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat hybrid, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My pest control guy had to look it over last time he was here and when I was at Walgreens I had just walked a little ways from the truck and an employee came running out of the store to grab me and ask about it. I gave her the tour as I have anyone else wanting to look. At the dentist office I was leaving and a guy did a slow walk around the truck. I was in a hurry to leave or I would have got out and given him the tour.

jkbressman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid 2022 Ford Maverick, first edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is in shipping and a guy at work has a XLT velocity blue. I might park my rapid red next to his.

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get a lot of comments from other truck owners to the effect of, "nice baby truck." If they're curious enough to ask a few questions and take a closer look, they end up being really surprised by the capabilities and value, and really end up questioning why they really need a "big boy truck."

I down-sized from an F-150, but still need a truck for hunting and fishing. The 4k towing package is plenty for my small boat and 4-wheeler trailer (the towing capacity surprises a lot of people). I need a bed where I can toss wet, muddy gear, but don't need a bed big enough to haul a ton of stuff. 90% of my driving though is to and from work, where the gas mileage is appreciated. I'm averaging 28 MPG after 2500 miles, and that also surprises a lot of people. "Why am I really driving a giant truck?"
Sponsored