First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's everyone else trading in or selling for your 2022 Maverick?

I've been in my 2013 Mustang sine 2016 and have it nicely modified but I'm sorta over sports coupe / car thing (getting old?) now. Instead I'm starting to get interested in some light off-roading, camping, overlanding type of vehicle. Hoping the Maverick will serve well for some of that. 🤞

So the Mustang will go for my Maverick.
Going to sell my Porsche 911 for the same reason
Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I said good bye to my 2004 Mustang GT convertible that I had for 15 years.

Ford Maverick What are you trading in / selling for your Maverick?? WhiteFord20220731

White with tan top and tan leather interior.

Traded in for the wife's Cactus Gray Hybrid.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was going to trade in my 2017 RAV4. 40,000 troublefree miles. Decided to keep it for now. I'll need it for IF the Maverick goes to dealer boarding school for any length of time.
Unless the dealer offers me an insane trade in.
Eventually, it will go to my daughter.

Radman73

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just sold my 2014 Subaru Crosstrek with 186k to a friend moving to Washington. Taught both kids how to drive in it and was a daily driver for both as well.

Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A Tacoma:

Ford Maverick What are you trading in / selling for your Maverick?? 001

Ford Maverick What are you trading in / selling for your Maverick?? 002

And an Escape:

Ford Maverick What are you trading in / selling for your Maverick?? 001

Bought the Tacoma in '21 (late year, it's a '22), and the Escape (early year '22) replaced a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek with 43k on it. I grew fond of the interior and the AWD on the Escape, but not of the Hybrid (other than at the pump) or the inability to service a lot of things easily (even the RDU was a PITA), among many recall issues and fears I had with it's reliability. But I still enjoyed it very much and always like the Mavericks size. I knew the Tacoma was overkill for me and it only got used on the trails after a certain point. Plus, I bought a KTM 390 adventure, so that took over the offroading I do... which is less and less every year and becoming more of a service road thing to my fishing spots.

So I placed an order for a '23 Colroado ZR2 looking to replace the lack of features in the Tacoma, but it was against my better judgement to just get rid of something that size all together and in the end, about 7 months into the order with it continually being pushed back and STILL pushed back until next month now (I still track the original order number I had on the Colorado forums via other dealers on those forums helping) I finally cancelled the order. Majority of people probably won't even get theirs built this year. Anyways... I've just outgrown the need for an off roader that gets terrible MPG. I browsed vehicles for an entire year and the more I saw the Mavericks the more they grew on me. I knew it would be the perfect balance for me.

So, last month I found one I liked on Edmunds and pulled the trigger to have it shipped to the closest CarMax to me (about 200 miles). Trying to order one where I live is impossible. Seattle and Wisconsin would get anything before I would here in MT or anywhere near me within a reasonable drive, so I browsed and browsed patiently waiting until the time was right. I'm glad I finally did it. Negotiated them down $2k off asking price. Maverick had just under 11k when I got it.

I sold the Escape about a month before picking up the Maverick for exactly what I paid for it. Had it for a year and a half and put 10k miles on it. Sold the Tacoma with 12k miles on it two weeks after getting the Maverick and still sitting on a good amount of parts, but they are going quickly. I've made a profit on 2 of the 3 vehicles I've sold in the past 3 years with the Escape breaking even. With the amount I've spent on parts across all 3 vehicles I'm still positive $3k. It's a great feeling, especially considering where I was financially 10 years ago.

I already overspent on the Maverick - but this one I plan on keeping or I would have never done any of this. Originally I planned on going with the Colorado but in a Z71 variant, but the more info that came out about them the more I realized all the features I wanted I'd have to step up to the ZR2 off roader variant. Not the same for the Maverick - it has everything I wanted. It's smaller, yes, and "less capable"... but the creature features are there and I love it. Within the first week I knew I made the right choice.

Anyways... good luck to all those playing the ordering game - you have more patience than I do. I hope it works out well for you.

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to trade in my 2017 RAV4. 40,000 troublefree miles. Decided to keep it for now. I'll need it for IF the Maverick goes to dealer boarding school for any length of time.
Unless the dealer offers me an insane trade in.
Eventually, it will go to my daughter.
Dealers, generally, low ball. I am going to sell my 22 Civic to Carvan or CarMax. Dealers seem to be about $1500 off the mark. I had to scratch and claw with the dealer when I bought my Civic. Dealer did not want to give me what I could get from CarMax. I finally caved in and took what the dealer offered to save on tax I had to pay. The diference was about $600 lower than CarMax.

Rowerwet

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 frontier, 2016 grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2015 Frontier, bought it used so I could sell it to my son when my Maverick came in. He loves his truck, I love mine!

Rmalone

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sold my 2004 Nissan 350Z convertible with 51,000 miles. I couldn't wait to get the Maverick because I was so over climbing into the little sports car. Drove like a go-cart. My new Maverick is the best driving vehicle I have owned including 3 Explorers.

Sponsored

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2016 Toyota Camry hybrid XLE with 97k miles. Solid vehicle but time to move to more practical vehicle for me.

Ford Maverick What are you trading in / selling for your Maverick?? IMG_1252

Joester

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Coachmen 220RK, 2016 Buick Encore, 2022 Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sold my 2012 Escape XLT/3.0L
Owned 2 Escapes from 2002 (XLT/Eddie Bauer Edition in Chrome Yellow purchased new) traded in for 2012 used but certified Escape XLT in 2016. Loved and am sorta missing that fit, but the acclimation to my Maverick is smooth and I have no regrets.

A_streetkid_named_desire

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mazda Miata, 2011 Subaru Impreza, 2014 CR-V
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick What are you trading in / selling for your Maverick?? 20230322_142202

Sold my Impreza. It was great for a while. Then it needed maintenance like an English engineered car, on time or else. The Maverick just fits my needs better. Hopefully the QA/QI at Hermosilla was better than Gunma

EchoPear

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 XLT Hyb/HPR/Lux/360/Bed Rail/Moonroof on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's everyone else trading in or selling for your 2022 Maverick?

I've been in my 2013 Mustang sine 2016 and have it nicely modified but I'm sorta over sports coupe / car thing (getting old?) now. Instead I'm starting to get interested in some light off-roading, camping, overlanding type of vehicle. Hoping the Maverick will serve well for some of that. 🤞

So the Mustang will go for my Maverick.
Same! I have a 2011 GT that I will be trading in once the truck arrives. She's getting up there in miles (110k) and starting to burn oil, so fingers crossed it makes it until delivery day lol

MaverickEVwouldBeNice

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Earth - Northern Hemisphere - North America - USA
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav Hyb/lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I traded in our golf GTI. That was probably our last ever stick shift vehicle. Somewhat sad to see it go, but even driving it conservatively never got more than 32 mpg, and what's the use of driving a GTI conservatively?
Sponsored