Sponsored

Why are so many Mavericks getting rear ended?

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OK, I give up.
The consensus is to push the low button and I guess just before the guy behind you rams you because he's playing with his phone and you haven't activated your brake lights - then maybe hit your brake pedal.
Who said nobody presses the brake pedal? :ROFLMAO: I don't really use the low unless I need to make a fast stop, in combination withe the pedal it's really great. Very helpful if you have a sizable load in the bed.
Sponsored

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who said nobody presses the brake pedal? :ROFLMAO: I don't really use the low gear unless I need to make a fast stop, in combination withe the pedal it's really great.
After throwing it into low, they do.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My break brake peddle petal pedal is made out of medal mettle meddle metal.
Whew! That was though thought thorough tough!
English is so hoard horde hard.

Steve
Tell us typos bug you, without telling us typos bug you. :ROFLMAO:

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It seems like a very high percentage of Mavericks are getting rear ended. Most of the accident posts here are about getting rear ended. I read an article recently about a huge salvage company somewhere in the Midwest that is buying up all the totaled Mavs and the majority have rear end damage. Certainly Idiots on cell phones and texting are a contributing factor but you would expect the rate to be the same as all vehicles. Idiots don t discriminate. So that can’t be the only reason
One thing I suspect with Hybrids is one pedal driving. Ford did not put a simple $25 part in the hybrids that would engage the brake lights when the vehicle is regen braking like most other hybrids and EV’s do. Maybe the NHTSA will pick up on this and order a recall.
Couple of questions for the group.
Of those that have been rear ended did to you replace the stock brake bulbs with brighter led’s like Lasfits?
If you are running the replacement LED’s do you think they make a difference?
Basicly, does anyone have any good ideas to prevent this?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
The only thing I see different on the Maverick from any other vehicles is the placement of the license plate. Drivers behind you may not be paying attention to you slowing down, while staring at a plate on the "Right Side" of the bumper, all other vehicles (trailers. motor cycles, campers) have there off center plates on the "Left" side! This might be the reason we get hit.

todd92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 (2), Edge ST, Edge Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where is there any evidence that Mavericks incur a disproportionate amount of rear end collisions? Rear end collisions are an increasing fact of life as more drivers have their heads buried in their phones. It matters not what vehicle is in front.

shadow76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today during Intermittent rain showers, had three near rear end collisions by inattentive drivers. Two slid within inches of the Maverick prior to a full stop. The third was a police vehicle whereby the officer (busy on her computer) swerved over the curb to avoid impact. Each event was recorded on the rear window camera. When I exited to confer with the officer, she reversed and sped off. Real classey.
I can hardly wait to receive a non answer to the complaint filed with her department as the desk officer did not want a copy of the video.
Sponsored