Sponsored

People are definitely interested in these Mavericks!

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went out on some errands today with my Dad and every time I came back to my truck people would be standing around it and checking it out haha
Talked to a guy and he asked me what it was because he thought initially it was a new style ranger. Another Gentleman was confused be cause it was a hybrid truck. :ROFLMAO:

Any one else having the same experiences with people and your truck? lol :D

10B2C924-6A2D-499E-994A-55A5D2D10352.jpeg
Lots of looks, not one has stopped to talk about. But then, I live in rural East Texas where there are lots of trucks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gr3y

Gr3y

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, 2016 Mustang GT,1999 Mustang V6
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots of looks, not one has stopped to talk about. But then, I live in rural East Texas where there are lots of trucks.
I just came back from visiting Big Bend National Park. Definitely all the trucks are down in Texas haha

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got mine on Friday…

Went to Menards on Saturday and when I got out a guy asked me how I liked my Maverick. Said it looked nice and he had to look at tailgate to figure out what it was. Told him I got 40mpg on the way here. He pointed and said “wow, that’s my bus over there” (a large truck) and said he got about 16mpg lol

Then today I went to the carwash and a guy was asking me how I liked it. He said he wants to order one when banks open again. I showed him around and the interior and he was gleaming with how perfectly it would serve him. It was the first one he got to walk around in person. Gave me a big smile and thumbs up when I drove away.

Ford Maverick People are definitely interested in these Mavericks! 4FC70210-C1D0-40F7-BF62-F13E618D5B32

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went out on some errands today with my Dad and every time I came back to my truck people would be standing around it and checking it out haha
Talked to a guy and he asked me what it was because he thought initially it was a new style ranger. Another Gentleman was confused be cause it was a hybrid truck. :ROFLMAO:

Not yet, but can't wait, I have only seen 1 in my County of 1/2 million people!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

BobR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux FWD, Maverick XLT AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had bugged every dealer for 100 miles to call me when one came in so we could actually see one. A dealer called me 3 weeks ago and we went and looked at one that had come in to fill a preorder. We were not even able to open the doors but it got me excited. Found one at a dealer that was used with 7700 miles and went and test drove it. It was great except they wanted $30K over the original MSRP. Finally got a call last week from my hometown dealer who had a preorder come in and the person decided that they didn't want it. They wanted $15k over MSRP. I told them I had cash and ended up buying it for $2k over MSRP but hit them hard on my trade in that they desperately wanted so I came out even with MSRP. It is a Carbonized Gray XLT EB AWD FX4 package with moon roof. I was stopped at the first light after leaving the dealership and the guy on the motorcycle behind me got off his bike with his wife and was checking it out when the light turned green and he jumped back on and gave us the thumbs up. Had plenty of people honking at me with thumbs up in the last week since we have owned it.
We absolutely love the truck and are averaging 26mpg with the EB so far.
They really are like Unicorns and seemingly just as rare. I am first on the list for ordering at the largest volume dealer in my state in August. I called them and got on their list figuring they had the most alocations. Looking for a Lariat Lux with Hybrid in Velocity Blue for me. Then the wife gets the XLT.
Be patient, it is worth the wait.
Ford Maverick People are definitely interested in these Mavericks! 20220503_162451

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now a days, when they look at my Maverick or Rav4 I'm thinking there after my catalytic converter. :)
Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to steal your cat.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only other real person who wanted to talk about it was my dad, who asked me to take it when visiting them (they live 9 hours away). I think both my folks liked it enough they were talking about getting one themselves and trade in their f150.
With gas prices the way they are, 40 mpg is very compelling.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have had at least a dozen lookers. Most end up asking the price....and always get a surprised look when I tell them. One guy's response was that his "2010 Nissan base model pickup 12 yrs ago costs him more than the 2022 Maverick XLT.

Most of my compliments are that they love the "Velocity Blue".
Have had at least a dozen lookers. Most end up asking the price....and always get a surprised look when I tell them. One guy's response was that his "2010 Nissan base model pickup 12 yrs ago costs him more than the 2022 Maverick XLT.
I think the base model hybrid is cheaper than the base model Corolla hybrid.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the basic XL nothing special, white. It was a turn down from a customer and I was on a list. I wish I would have waited because I would have liked the XLT but this truck has not disappointed so far. The people who stop and look at it are those who know about trucks otherwise they just think it's another type of ranger.
There’s very little badging on it, so that may add to the mystique.

Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of those guys that ordered early and has no build date. Don’t be driving them in my area because I will find you and talk your damn ear off.
my wife hadn’t seen one yet and we saw one on the freeway a few weeks ago. Two days later she sends me a picture of one at the farmers market….I told her “that is ______, ask him to sit in it, he will let you”
She is not as forward as I am and balked. In any event, I can tell you the folks driving these in Sonoma County CA are really cool so far.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish I had your problems right now LoL I'm on the Granger sale list. I'm number 60 on the list to even think about getting a vin #. Good news is back in march I was #89. So i am moving up.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to a winery and it was crowded when I got to the parking lot. Parking attendant came up to me and I thought he was gonna say the lot was full. Instead he asks, “Is that the Ford Maverick? Really nice.”

al4tay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sarcastically really hate you right now… 😂 Wish I had my truck. 😭

I got my Maverick in January, not a hybrid, I immediately drove to Florida from NY & almost every pit stop there were admirers.
completely satisfied even though the dealership pumped up the price.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am one of the gawers. I didn't know about the Mav until around Mar/April this year and ordering was closed. I kept contact with Long McArthur Ford in Salinas, KS and had my oder in their hands when the order banks opened for CY23 models. I had a Ford email the next day, as the demand crushed Ford's servers on opening day.

I've only seen one Mav on the road. I am in Menifee, CA (Riverside County, east of LA) and one was going into a shopping center. I wanted to follow him but my wife said, "No, we don't have time." Secretly, I slow rolled hoping he would go in our direction (Ulta Beauty was our destination so my wife can buy 200 more kinds of lip gloss :) )but nope, he turned the other way. In 6 months, I think I've seen two.
Sponsored