Sponsored

Any idea why people are trading in their new Mavericks?

Reejie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Areej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang V6
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello All!

I want a Hybrid, and couldn't even get my order in. That being said, in the last 10 hours I've had 3 dealers call and tell me they have new trade in Mavericks. 2000 miles or less (none are hybrids). Was curious why there would be such a "surge" for lack of a better word in trade-ins? Your thoughts would be great!
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello All!

I want a Hybrid, and couldn't even get my order in. That being said, in the last 10 hours I've had 3 dealers call and tell me they have new trade in Mavericks. 2000 miles or less (none are hybrids). Was curious why there would be such a "surge" for lack of a better word in trade-ins? Your thoughts would be great!
Because they are making money off of them. I have already been offered 5k over my purchase price.

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also i've seen on occasion where people picked up an available ecoboost until their ordered hybrid came in. They made the right choice based on trade in values due to high demand/low inventory.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've noticed that since Ford doesn't provide many stock vehicles anymore, dealership employees 'customer order' them. With the current market the way it is, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the employees drive the vehicles or demo the vehicles, then turn around and sell them with a nice markup.

Sponsored

technolithic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
The market is wild right now. My hybrid XLT build date is in a few weeks and if someone is willing to give me a few thousand over MSRP for it, I will absolutely consider it. Buying a new vehicle isn't exactly the best financial decision, but buying a new vehicle over MSRP is just about the dumbest thing you can do lol

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The market is wild right now. My hybrid XLT build date is in a few weeks and if someone is willing to give me a few thousand over MSRP for it, I will absolutely consider it. Buying a new vehicle isn't exactly the best financial decision, but buying a new vehicle over MSRP is just about the dumbest thing you can do lol
I bought a Bronco Sport Badlands in early December for MSRP. Today as a used car kbb shows I can get about 5k more for it in the average private party sale, after adjusting for the state sales tax that I paid on it. That is, sell for x where x - 5000 - sales tax = what I paid.

Crazy times.

Muntingia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Then I suppose there are lots of dumb people paying over sticker for C8 Stingrays, and are waitingfor the Z06 to arrive with huge markups expected. Also many dumb people paying way over for Porsche 992s, 718 GTS and GT4.

technolithic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Then I suppose there are lots of dumb people paying over sticker for C8 Stingrays, and are waitingfor the Z06 to arrive with huge markups expected. Also many dumb people paying way over for Porsche 992s, 718 GTS and GT4.
Yes, they are all dumb. But if you have the money for one of those vehicles to begin with, I suppose that you can afford to pay the premium. Nobody buying a 992 is hurting for money.

However I'd argue that paying over MSRP for the pick-up equivalent of a Civic or Camry is very irresponsible considering who is likely buying one.

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Dealers are flipping their service cars, loaners they give during repairs. I've had a few come up too. I had one dealer try to sell me their service car new off the truck lol but they wanted over MSRP and I walked.

Sponsored

Wilky4258

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Dodge Challenger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, they are all dumb. But if you have the money for one of those vehicles to begin with, I suppose that you can afford to pay the premium. Nobody buying a 992 is hurting for money.

However I'd argue that paying over MSRP for the pick-up equivalent of a Civic or Camry is very irresponsible considering who is likely buying one.
Irresponsible to who? If it is not your money who cares what other's do with their's. Never understood people concerned what other's do with their own money.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Dang, I would have to have nearly 42k to break even. it adds up quick, MSRP, taxes, D&H, and a some accessories. I trying not to think about the money i’ve shelled out. I guess with the recent increase I should feel great full. at this point, I don’t think I could sell at a profit.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I would agree in general, but I dunno about that in this specific case. An XL hybrid even with a maybe $5k markup will still be cheaper or in ballpark with entry level Civic or Camry won't it? The bonus is the Maverick is far more versatile than either sedan and gets better mileage too. Once you start moving up trim levels and options all bets are off.
Sponsored