2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Which makes me think that those who switched jumped the line. I've seen quite a few people comment about switching to EB and getting scheduled the next time scheduling took place. A little irritating for those of us already in the EB line, but if you are looking for that missing incentive to jump, Ford may have it right there.
Ford probably just recognizes there's a greater chance of these "formerly hybrid" customers changing their mind and going back to hybrids if things ever start looking up for the supply chain. Moving the order into production ASAP seems like just a risk mitigation strategy for Ford and in that respect, it makes sense.
Sponsored

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, why should Ford make high margin Hybrid AWD Lariats when they can keep making low margin Hybrid XLs?
Trims aside - the hybrid lack of AWD decision actually makes some sense. Why should Ford sell you one vehicle now when they see an opportunity to sell you one now and another one later? Until there's another hybrid compact truck on the market, there's no need to offer something more competitive when they can save that play for the future. If they launch it prematurely, they're closing off a segment of customers who might otherwise trade up in a couple of years. I expect the plans are in the works though. Competitors are already benchmarking the Maverick and it's not lost on them that one key area for differentiation would be hybrid AWD.

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Trims aside - the hybrid lack of AWD decision actually makes some sense. Why should Ford sell you one vehicle now when they see an opportunity to sell you one now and another one later? Until there's another hybrid compact truck on the market, there's no need to offer something more competitive when they can save that play for the future. If they launch it prematurely, they're closing off a segment of customers who might otherwise trade up in a couple of years. I expect the plans are in the works though. Competitors are already benchmarking the Maverick and it's not lost on them that one key area for differentiation would be hybrid AWD.
You're probably right, I'm willing to forgo the AWD for the hybrid now, but (assuming I ever get this hybrid), if they made an AWD hybrid model in the future (available across all trim levels) I would trade this one in for that.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why should Ford sell you one vehicle now when they see an opportunity to sell you one now and another one later?
I already stated it in the first post on this subject. Higher profit per vehicle. Fords problem is not finding enough buyers. They sold out 23 production in a week! Their shareholder always want higher profit. An AWD Hybrid would justify a significantly higher price. And they can do like the current EB Lariat which requires AWD. Want a AWD Hybrid, you also have to pay for the Lariat.

If you listen to many people on MTC, the Maverick Hybrid does not make money. Ford can certainly make very good money on a AWD Maverick Hybrid.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fords problem is not finding enough buyers. They sold out 23 production in a week!
This. Until Ford runs out of people buying out their entire production run in a few days, there is little incentive for them to "sell you your next truck." While I still think the Maverick is a gateway drug to the F-150 over the long term, shareholders look at the short term. And short term, it is in Ford's best interest to make as many of these Mavericks as possible.

There is still more profit in selling all orders than only selling the more profitable half.

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I already stated it in the first post on this subject. Higher profit per vehicle. Fords problem is not finding enough buyers. They sold out 23 production in a week! Their shareholder always want higher profit. An AWD Hybrid would justify a significantly higher price. And they can do like the current EB Lariat which requires AWD. Want a AWD Hybrid, you also have to pay for the Lariat.

If you listen to many people on MTC, the Maverick Hybrid does not make money. Ford can certainly make very good money on a AWD Maverick Hybrid.
I think the Maverick was a hit for a few reasons BUT the big one for me is the low price. When I first heard about the Maverick I heard it was 30 K. I just ignored it as 30 K was out of my price range. Then I saw a post on face book about a 22K start price. I was like WHAT. Then I looked into it. Had I know back in 2021 it was gong to start at 22k I would have ordered when it first came out.

So make a AWD hybrid price it at 30 K i would ignore it again. Or get the FWD assuming they still offered it at the much lower price.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the Maverick was a hit for a few reasons BUT the big one for me is the low price. When I first heard about the Maverick I heard it was 30 K. I just ignored it as 30 K was out of my price range. Then I saw a post on face book about a 22K start price. I was like WHAT. Then I looked into it. Had I know back in 2021 it was gong to start at 22k I would have ordered when it first came out.

So make a AWD hybrid price it at 30 K i would ignore it again. Or get the FWD assuming they still offered it at the much lower price.
I'm waiting on a Hybrid XL and was also attracted to the low price. I doubt I would upgrade to a AWD Hybrid but still think it is a smart thing for Ford to do. Currently if someone wants a 4 wheel drive hybrid Ford truck, the only thing offered is a +$51,000 F150 PowerBoost.

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I already stated it in the first post on this subject. Higher profit per vehicle.
I agree. I also think that if you can get two profits: one high margin and one with any margin you'll come out even further ahead which shareholders would appreciate.

It's similar to planned obsolescence in the sense that the company is earning some profit from you today while also leaving with you a future need that they can solve for you with another future purchase. It's just another way they hope to increase the customer lifetime value to Ford.

If you listen to many people on MTC, the Maverick Hybrid does not make money.
I'm not sold on this idea. Significant cost savings have come from smart engineering decisions, a lower cost of labor assembly facility, an anecdotally lean advertising budget, an extremely rapid development cycle, and of course - inexpensive materials.

That said, Ford may have used the original 2022 hybrid XL pricing as a temporary loss-leading marketing strategy. Having a leftmost digit of "1" earned them a lot of attention not to mention price comparisons with the 1909 model-T. With a mid-year $1000 increase however, followed by $1,100-$1,200 price jumps in 2023 across all the hybrid trims, I think they're profiting from hybrid sales today. Although Ford might have been willing to launch without strong margins, they always planned to move it to profitability as quickly as possible and I think we've watched them do that over the last 18 months or so.

Of course - it's all speculation without hard numbers. 🤷‍♂️

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've said it in other threads - Ford sells like 75,000 F-150s a month, at an average price of 65 grand. That's where the money is. They are not worried about some other manufacturer selling a hybrid AWD and stealing Maverick sales. They are worried about Mavericks stealing F-150 sales.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

00Fayt00

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Braden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone ran into an issue with Dealerships refusing to change orders? Based on all the communications that I have seen, Ford is asking people to switch from the Hybrid and/or base model to either the XLT/Lariat and especially the Eco if they are willing. I've been trying for 6 weeks to get my dealer to change my order and they have refused saying that my order would get cancelled. Even went in and talked to the owner yesterday and he stated that they had someone try it a while back and the order was completely cancelled from the system as soon as they tried.

I have ford communications and also CS telling me the exact opposite though and that I can do it so....?

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still wonder why the hybrid system is constrained. Seems like ford would be better off building the hybrids. They sure have the orders.

MommaMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How many people after awhile will move on to other brands? I understand this statement will have people attack me. However Ford over and over again is dropping the ball. If Toyota releases the Maverick competitor, it will eat Ford's Lunch. Lagging production does not help Ford.
Im a first time Ford buyer on this Maverick. I preordered months before the banks opened and got the email early morning of Sept 16th. You are right bc if I went through the trouble to preorder, then get my order in early and if the only thing to keep me from getting my truck is the FACT that Ford KNOWINGLY took more hybrid orders than they could build.... then I will never go for another Ford as this would be a bad experience after waiting possibly a year or more before I find out they wont build it.Ford should have shut down the hybrid orders approx 1-2k after they got to the projected limit in hopes they could maybe get that small amount of over orders in before the end of the year. As a customer, I would have been disappointed if the order banks shut down before I got mine in but its way better than waiting all year with fingers crossed and I would have still had the ecoboost option at that moment. At the very least Ford should fill orders FIFO but that is unlikely because it makes too much sense. Bottom line is that Ford was wrong to continue to take hybid orders they knew they couldnt fill especially knowing most dealerships were taking deposits from people for a truck they will likely never own. I really wish they would at least go ahead and cancel some that they know for a fact wont get built so those of us with no chance can get our deposit back and try another company.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I still wonder why the hybrid system is constrained. Seems like ford would be better off building the hybrids. They sure have the orders.
Probably one hybrid specific part.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It isn't like they chose to constrain it......

They have their hands tied by the limited availability of the hybrid engine components. When they say "We can build 30-35% of the hybrid orders", that means "Our hybrid component supplier is running at 100% speed/production capacity and will only be able to supply us with enough parts to build 30-35% of the hybrid orders".
Sponsored