This is the part you are wrong on. The Hybrid Battery never runs out of power. Even at idle, it charges very quickly. It never gets low, or to a full charge. The torque from the Electric motor is very good and flat power curve. It really doesn't feel hills at all when pulling a small camper. I...
And he said he doesn't recommend anyone tow that much weight.
Personally, I would limit any camper to 3,200# empty weight just to make sure it's not stressed too much. He claimed 18 mpg in flatter areas, and 11 in the mountains.
My little camper is 1,100# empty. You don't even feel it.
That guy claims to have owned 2 Maverick Ecoboost trucks before, according to that section of the story.
The story is a compilation of different peoples towing stories.
The author that wrote the story seems to be a member here, as they have many maverick articles, including one on my trip...
Looks like the story was picked up by Torque news.
https://www.torquenews.com/17998/2025-ford-maverick-hybrid-driver-reports-about-25-mpg-towing-1500-pound-camper-nearly-1500
A true skateboard Platform is made with a one piece chassis. Like below:
Have you ever seen an actual skateboard that was not a one pice deck? I haven't. The fathom is not a traditional skateboard chassis. It is made from 3 major components which bolt to the body panels to make ir...
I would skip over the Ranger and get back into a 5.0 F150 if I needed more capabilities than the Maverick offers.
The 2019 and up Rangers are just not great trucks. What is perfect for Australia isn't perfect here.
The Maverick Hybrid is perfect for what I do now. That's why I bought...