First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which considering the fact they were hoping people would jump to EB, it makes even less sense to drag those orders out. Burn through the EBs and then the hybrid people still waiting are only waiting because they want to. Ford can then be a little more gruff at the end of the year when the model year runs out: "you've known since January we couldn't build them all and had the chance to jump to an EB since June and get it in a month."

By dragging the EBs out, they specifically lose that argument.

/ranting posts (I need to go do scoutmaster things...)
Yes -sensible thing would be to build all the hybrids first. Then when your hybrid doesn't get built you get the option to switch to EB or wait until 2024, or buy a different brand. Ford can then just pound out EBs 24/7. But what do I know? I can't believe mud flaps are a constrained item.
Sponsored

Dr3wman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram
Engine
Undecided
"Trailer Tow Hitch" is listed as a constraint Is that same as 4K tow package. I ordered EB Lariat Luxury package. Luxury package comes with a "Trailer hitch receiver w/4pin connector". I upgraded to 4K tow package. Lariat Luxury is not listed as a constraint but "Trailer tow hitch" is. I am confused.
You'll find plenty of discussions on this topic/question. It seems that any package that includes a trailer/tow hitch as part of it will receive priority for a hitch over a stand alone hitch option.

Dr3wman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram
Engine
Undecided
I wonder why the tow hitch is a constraint. Seems like a pretty straight forward option. No electronics, no rare minerals. Ford should be able to crank those out as needed.
My understanding is that as with many Maverick issues - this is a supplier/vendor issue. I don't believe Ford manufactures their own hitches and their supplier cannot keep up with demand.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My understanding is that as with many Maverick issues - this is a supplier/vendor issue. I don't believe Ford manufactures their own hitches and their supplier cannot keep up with demand.
Correct.

And before anyone says "well the supplier should just make more", understand that the supplier is already constrained by something, anyway, or they would be "making more".

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wonder why the tow hitch is a constraint. Seems like a pretty straight forward option. No electronics, no rare minerals. Ford should be able to crank those out as needed.
There is also a small wire harness that goes with the hitch (4 pin). That might be part of the constraint (just a guess). I wish Ford would give us the option to accept the metal part of the hitch without the harness. Ford can install it later, when the harness is available (if that is the reason for the constraint).

Sponsored

mrgeology79

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Yaris
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is also a small wire harness that goes with the hitch (4 pin). That might be part of the constraint (just a guess). I wish Ford would give us the option to accept the metal part of the hitch without the harness. Ford can install it later, when the harness is available (if that is the reason for the constraint).
Yeah, I forgot about the 4-pin harness. That's a good point. Still seems like a strange part to be lacking. I wonder what the supplier is constrained by. A 22% shortfall is a lot when you have a contract with one of the biggest truck companies in the world.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I forgot about the 4-pin harness. That's a good point. Still seems like a strange part to be lacking. I wonder what the supplier is constrained by. A 22% shortfall is a lot when you have a contract with one of the biggest truck companies in the world.
The constraint is the trailer control module that drives the trailer connector. It has micro-chips and some chips are still in short supply.

Farmer1972

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Aspire
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I removed my spray in liner back in oct/nov because of constraint, could I add it back now with no issues? What does the black #20 mean?

mrgeology79

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Yaris
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The constraint is the trailer control module that drives the trailer connector. It has micro-chips and some chips are still in short supply.
I don't think they're including a trailer control module with every hitch? That seems like something that would only be included with the full 4K tow package. A stand alone hitch (with wiring harness) shouldn't be an issue. I guess they're just prioritizing the tow packages. Hopefully when they run out of modules, they'll still have plenty of hitches for the rest of us. Thanks for your response.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think they're including a trailer control module with every hitch? That seems like something that would only be included with the full 4K tow package. A stand alone hitch (with wiring harness) shouldn't be an issue. I guess they're just prioritizing the tow packages. Hopefully when they run out of modules, they'll still have plenty of hitches for the rest of us. Thanks for your response.
You would assume they don't need a trailer control module. But I know it there. It can detect a burned out incandescent bulb just like the ones in the truck.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Commadorebob,
Please read post #47 (from Fossil) in this thread. You are my designated statistic guy (lol) and you seem to make sence of this nonsence (at least to me and a ton of others). I appreciate everything you post....Thank You!

https://thebronconation.com/orderin...23-ford-allocation-formula-explained-t.13849/

edit: thank you too Fossil!
So, I was finally able to get out of meetings long enough to absorb this. Basically, allocations are determined by how much your dealer sold over the last year compared to the rest of the region minus whatever they have in stock or en route [at the end of the month]. They can also get additional allocations if they are on a bit of a sales binge.

In all , it won't make much difference to us as we won't be able to see it. But one thing to consider is if your dealer has a lot of trucks en route, then it counts against them. Watch your dealership's website and watch how quickly they run through inventory as well as the volume of inventory for the Maverick, Ranger, Escape, and Bronco Sport. If they are sitting on them for a long time or never seem to have them at all, then allocations will be thin.

Last edited:

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I was finally able to get out of meetings long enough to absorb this. Basically, allocations are determined by how much your dealer sold over the last year compared to the rest of the region minus whatever they have in stock or en route. They can also get additional allocations if they are on a bit of a sales binge.

In all , it won't make much difference to us as we won't be able to see it. But one thing to consider is if your dealer has a lot of trucks en route, then it counts against them. Watch your dealership's website and watch how quickly they run through inventory as well as the volume of inventory for the Maverick, Ranger, Escape, and Bronco Sport. If they are sitting on them for a long time or never seem to have them at all, then allocations will be thin.
From Tim, I understand it's only vehicles sitting at the dealership at the end of the month. This is one of the reason dealers will often give you a better deal for vehicles on their lot near the end of the month. A higher reported monthly sales and a lower month-end inventory.

Fords thinking, why send you more vehicles when the dealer already has unsold ones sitting on the lot.

Castaway

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023MiniSE, 2013 SubaruOutback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My hybrid was scheduled for next week. Received a "delayed" message today with no new production date, which is ominous. Only option was trailer hitch. Apparently there is no forecasting or preplanning for these options, or.....Ford is manipulating us to best serve themselves.

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has been discussed before, there is NO trailer hitch shortage. The issue is Ford product planning, not supply.

If you look at Lariat Lux, XLT Lux and standalone Trailer Hitch options, all of which are mutually exclusive options, they add up to be 100% (30%+25%+45%). Every truck could have a hitch if the order option mix was right.

Its important to remember in Ford-speak “constraint” means a production constraint, not necessarily a supplier constraint.

So the best way to be sure about getting a hitch, order the Lux pack, both of which are undersubscribed. It’s also an incentive to move up from XL, something Ford’s marketeers would like you to do.

If you think this is stupid and why would Ford do such a dumb thing, then you don’t fully understand Ford‘s market and product planners. This is what they do!

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This ^^^
Gone are the days when you splice into the taillight wires to add a hitch. All CanBus or similar systems. So, you MUST have a module that controls the hitch lights. I don't know if all the rear harness's on the Maverick are all the same, where you could add the module/harness later. But if you check closer with the Ford aftermarket hitch package you will see that it is anything but a simple plug and play into a harness. Yet there IS this package available so that is a good thing.
Sponsored