First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Take it to the bed liner installer of your choice and have them do it for $500 or less.
Thats the plan. Only reason I considered the factory option was for the free bed rails. They are definitely not worth an extra $800 so I'll just take it straight from the dealership to the installer for the bed liner. It's just the principal of being lied to and the attempt to extort an extra $800 out of me. It's a short bed so the rails are not all that important to me but free is free.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thats the plan. Only reason I considered the factory option was for the free bed rails. They are definitely not worth an extra $800 so I'll just take it straight from the dealership to the installer for the bed liner. It's just the principal of being lied to and the attempt to extort an extra $800 out of me. It's a short bed so the rails are not all that important to me but free is free.
They call them stealerships for a reason.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm hoping the new SK Battery Plant in Georgia this year is going to pickup some of the Maverick battery manufacturing. If they do, that very well could be the reason Ford is adding the 3rd shift in Mexico. The Hybrid crunch might be coming to an end.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• ⏰
    Time email was received: Haven't received the email; the Dealer contacted me
  • 📅 Your scheduled build week: 2-27 and 3-6 (ordered 2)
  • 🔢(If you have it) the serial number part of your VIN.. XX out the last 2 digits if you like
  • 🛻 All relevant build info (e.g., velocity blue hybrid lariat lux + all weather mats) See my Sig, I ordered a Larait and an XLT for MY 23
  • 📍 Your region, if comfortable: Arizona
  • 🗓 Your original order date: 9-19 for both
  • 🕺 Dealer: Rodeo Ford, Goodyear, AZ
Now I ordered my MY22 from them and received it, (it's in my Sig) when I ordered my MY23, I wasn't sure if I wanted a Larait or XLT, and since then, I want the Larait and haven't decided what I plan on doing with the XLT. I did receive the ordering confirmation email from Ford, so not sure why I haven't received my Built confirmation.

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So realistically, what's my chance of getting a hybrid by the end of the year? I have two hybrids on order, one is a lariat, the other is an XLT......I figure that everyone has about a 45% chance of having their hybrid built, so that puts me at about a 90% chance of having one of them built, does that sound about right?
If both orders are from different dealerships that is probably true. If they are from the same dealership then probably 45% or less on both as you are vying for the same dealer allotments.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Likely a question for someone who works at a dealership, but can you even change the trim? I know you can add/remove the lux package and you can now change drivetrains. But maybe the reason they don't list trims specifically is because they can't be changed anyway.

The alternative is the order ratio is not too far off for Ford to make a deal about it.
Yes can change trims ,I did so from xle to xl, that said less xl getting produced 15% and hybrid doesn’t help it either
And dealer allocation bs for me in St. Louis dealer

Blacksheep308

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mercury Milan awd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered 11/21, XL hybrid with 360, spray in liner, sliding rear window, power point and tow package. Took off the spray in liner in June at dealers request. Reordered in September first day the order bank opened. Tried to add the spray in liner and tie down package took dealer from 12/23/22 till 1/11/23 then told tie downs were a hold up option. Only able to order spray in liner. Then told dealer only getting 2 hybrids this model year With 16 on order. Now hearing people who ordered in September are getting vehicles because they bought lux options. Toyota dealer in my area offering left over hybrids for 2k under sticker price with 0% interest. WTF is Ford doing.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered 11/21, XL hybrid with 360, spray in liner, sliding rear window, power point and tow package. Took off the spray in liner in June at dealers request. Reordered in September first day the order bank opened. Tried to add the spray in liner and tie down package took dealer from 12/23/22 till 1/11/23 then told tie downs were a hold up option. Only able to order spray in liner. Then told dealer only getting 2 hybrids this model year With 16 on order. Now hearing people who ordered in September are getting vehicles because they bought lux options. Toyota dealer in my area offering left over hybrids for 2k under sticker price with 0% interest. WTF is Ford doing.
Ford can get away with this NOW as there is zero competition unless you count the Santa Cruz I don't. No hybrid small truck only ford.

Sponsored

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Toyota ain't what they used to be. Probably why they have leftovers. Or they could be unpopular optioned hybrids.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So realistically, what's my chance of getting a hybrid by the end of the year? I have two hybrids on order, one is a lariat, the other is an XLT......I figure that everyone has about a 45% chance of having their hybrid built, so that puts me at about a 90% chance of having one of them built, does that sound about right?
I ordered mine when the banks opened; I ordered two, just like you. I was told they are scheduled to be built next week and the following week. It has to do with the dealership more than anything else.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered mine when the banks opened; I ordered two, just like you. I was told they are scheduled to be built next week and the following week. It has to do with the dealership more than anything else.
This right here. The dealership is likely going to play a bigger role than the actual build. It all comes down to those allocations. I have a feeling those overages on the constraints will be offset by those orders at dealerships who run out of allocations.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This right here. The dealership is likely going to play a bigger role than the actual build. It all comes down to those allocations. I have a feeling those overages on the constraints will be offset by those orders at dealerships who run out of allocations.
This whole allocation thing is nuts and screws the customer as how are they supposed to know which dealer has allocations. It encourages people to go out to say 3 dealers and place orders at all three dealers even though you only want ONE. If I don't get my 2023 order I will do exactly that at least three dealers for 2024 assuming I still want one at that point, It seems like the only way you might get one. It doesn't seem to matter when you place you order either. Sept 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 or 20.

Pmartynski

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pinkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That makes total sense, as it says "current orders" 🕵️‍♂️

I am just going to wait for Ford to get desperate enough to really push hard on switchovers, if not, I don't mind waiting.
I switched when it was first announced. 3 weeks later I have a build date next week. After all my son, a mechanic has seen with the hybrid eCVT engine, I was glad I switched.
Sponsored