First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone ran into an issue with Dealerships refusing to change orders? Based on all the communications that I have seen, Ford is asking people to switch from the Hybrid and/or base model to either the XLT/Lariat and especially the Eco if they are willing. I've been trying for 6 weeks to get my dealer to change my order and they have refused saying that my order would get cancelled. Even went in and talked to the owner yesterday and he stated that they had someone try it a while back and the order was completely cancelled from the system as soon as they tried.

I have ford communications and also CS telling me the exact opposite though and that I can do it so....?
I just had the molded splash guards taken off, the cargo/splash combo added and the dealer changed my priority from the 11 it was at to a 10 last week with no issues. Lots of other people here are making changes too and have not seen any problems. If the order got cancelled it was likely due to the dealership making a mistake and they just wont admit it. I did have trouble getting my lazy sales guy to do it though and after a month I finally had to get the owner involved but he took care of it same day and took over my order.
Sponsored

DuffCon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are not worried about some other manufacturer selling a hybrid AWD and stealing Maverick sales. They are worried about Mavericks stealing F-150 sales.
That may be the case, but in my opinion; the Maverick is to capture new customers to the brand.

I have only owned 1 Ford in my life, and that was a '65 Mustang when I was in High School. Since then, I have owned all Honda/Subaru.

The only reason I want a Maverick is it is the only truck available in a hybrid. If any other mfg came up with a viable competitor at a similar price point I would seriously consider it.

That being said, I would never buy a full size truck. I have no need for something that big and can't see a future where I would.

MommaMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the Maverick was a hit for a few reasons BUT the big one for me is the low price. When I first heard about the Maverick I heard it was 30 K. I just ignored it as 30 K was out of my price range. Then I saw a post on face book about a 22K start price. I was like WHAT. Then I looked into it. Had I know back in 2021 it was gong to start at 22k I would have ordered when it first came out.

So make a AWD hybrid price it at 30 K i would ignore it again. Or get the FWD assuming they still offered it at the much lower price.
You are so right. It was the same for me... price for the hybrid. Most truck guys dont want the hybrid so I would see sales of a 30K hybrid to be in much less demand. At least for those us us who wanted it for the price. For 30K, if it was in my price range, im looking at the Toyota alternative over the Ford since it has a better warranty and.... its a Toyota.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im a first time Ford buyer on this Maverick. I preordered months before the banks opened and got the email early morning of Sept 16th. You are right bc if I went through the trouble to preorder, then get my order in early and if the only thing to keep me from getting my truck is the FACT that Ford KNOWINGLY took more hybrid orders than they could build.... then I will never go for another Ford as this would be a bad experience after waiting possibly a year or more before I find out they wont build it.Ford should have shut down the hybrid orders approx 1-2k after they got to the projected limit in hopes they could maybe get that small amount of over orders in before the end of the year. As a customer, I would have been disappointed if the order banks shut down before I got mine in but its way better than waiting all year with fingers crossed and I would have still had the ecoboost option at that moment. At the very least Ford should fill orders FIFO but that is unlikely because it makes too much sense. Bottom line is that Ford was wrong to continue to take hybid orders they knew they couldnt fill especially knowing most dealerships were taking deposits from people for a truck they will likely never own. I really wish they would at least go ahead and cancel some that they know for a fact wont get built so those of us with no chance can get our deposit back and try another company.
I feel the same way. It's crazy for a company to take 65%-70% more orders than they can build. I haven't owned a ford since 1972. Looks like I won't be owning another. I have a pretend order for a unicorn though.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It isn't like they chose to constrain it......

They have their hands tied by the limited availability of the hybrid engine components. When they say "We can build 30-35% of the hybrid orders", that means "Our hybrid component supplier is running at 100% speed/production capacity and will only be able to supply us with enough parts to build 30-35% of the hybrid orders".
They didn't have to start off constraining the hybrid. They could have only taken orders they could fill.

Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Has anyone ran into an issue with Dealerships refusing to change orders? Based on all the communications that I have seen, Ford is asking people to switch from the Hybrid and/or base model to either the XLT/Lariat and especially the Eco if they are willing. I've been trying for 6 weeks to get my dealer to change my order and they have refused saying that my order would get cancelled. Even went in and talked to the owner yesterday and he stated that they had someone try it a while back and the order was completely cancelled from the system as soon as they tried.

I have ford communications and also CS telling me the exact opposite though and that I can do it so....?
Sorry but that is BS from your Dealer. Hundreds of others (including myself) have switched from Hybrid to Eco Boost on their original order.

bc22

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MommaMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel the same way. It's crazy for a company to take 65%-70% more orders than they can build. I haven't owned a ford since 1972. Looks like I won't be owning another. I have a pretend order for a unicorn though.
lol, mine is also the "Unicorn", Best of luck my friend!

Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gulfstream / Grumman AA5B
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a Maverick to fit the need until the Lightning was available. Ordered a Lightning to fill the need until the CyberTruck.

Actually now believe the CyberTruck will be delivered first.

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So realistically, what's my chance of getting a hybrid by the end of the year? I have two hybrids on order, one is a lariat, the other is an XLT......I figure that everyone has about a 45% chance of having their hybrid built, so that puts me at about a 90% chance of having one of them built, does that sound about right?

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just received Ford's email that both MY23 are scheduled to be built one week apart. The only difference is 1 is a Larait; the other is XLT. See my Sig

MAVornoMavisthequestion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 toyota trd pro 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im a first time Ford buyer on this Maverick. I preordered months before the banks opened and got the email early morning of Sept 16th. You are right bc if I went through the trouble to preorder, then get my order in early and if the only thing to keep me from getting my truck is the FACT that Ford KNOWINGLY took more hybrid orders than they could build.... then I will never go for another Ford as this would be a bad experience after waiting possibly a year or more before I find out they wont build it.Ford should have shut down the hybrid orders approx 1-2k after they got to the projected limit in hopes they could maybe get that small amount of over orders in before the end of the year. As a customer, I would have been disappointed if the order banks shut down before I got mine in but its way better than waiting all year with fingers crossed and I would have still had the ecoboost option at that moment. At the very least Ford should fill orders FIFO but that is unlikely because it makes too much sense. Bottom line is that Ford was wrong to continue to take hybid orders they knew they couldnt fill especially knowing most dealerships were taking deposits from people for a truck they will likely never own. I really wish they would at least go ahead and cancel some that they know for a fact wont get built so those of us with no chance can get our deposit back and try another company.
I agree with you. Have 2 maverick hybrid orders outstanding. Wish Ford was like Jeep. Jeep removes options, colors when they fulfill max capacity. Therefore day to day jeep might close out orders. How Ford can't build these or Broncos boggles my mind. Since Covid I was able to order and obtain hard to get suvs and cars.

clos0791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Alto Blue AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So if i change my hybrid XLT 360 to a ecoboost XLT 360 this Friday, how long do you think before I get scheduled?
I switched to XLT Lux Eco from a XLT Lux Hybrid about six weeks ago. Still nothing from the dealership or Ford. My heart was set on the hybrid, so I am having second thoughts on switching.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I'm not switching from hybrid to Ecoboost as I ordered eco to begin with, but my dealer is refusing to add the spray in bed liner package deal. They claim that Ford isn't allowing any changes to orders at all. But they are willing to add it after it arrives for an extra $800 above the factory option price.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm not switching from hybrid to Ecoboost as I ordered eco to begin with, but my dealer is refusing to add the spray in bed liner package deal. They claim that Ford isn't allowing any changes to orders at all. But they are willing to add it after it arrives for an extra $800 above the factory option price.
Take it to the bed liner installer of your choice and have them do it for $500 or less.
Sponsored