First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lemme get this straight...if I ordered with a spray-in liner Ford will at their discretion substitute a drop-in and not advise me of that ahead of time, it will just show up that way? Or I'll be pushed to the end of the line? What's next? If the run low on Cactus Gray paint they'll just substitute black paint or something else? What's the point of a custom order?
If I go to McDonald's and order a Big Mac I'm gonna be unhappy if I find a chicken sandwich in the bag. If Ford can't deliver what's ordered they best communicate better with customers, not just substitute things with no customer contact.
Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems like it all depends on how many of each item actually got ordered overall vs the Ford projections. If ford projected for a quantity to be ordered of a specific package and the actual number of orders matches that projection, even if it shows on that list, then it shouldn't matter.

Example: Overall, if only 20% of all Maverick orders were for Lux package lariats, then the constraints may only be preventing a few trucks from being scheduled. If ford assumed only 3% of orders would be lariat lux trucks, and 75% of trucks got ordered as lariat lux, well then, that's a huge problem.

Without knowing the full break down of actual orders and options, everything is just guessing at how these numbers affect everyone else. If every option were at 0% or 3%, then we've got a problem. But if Ford says they can build 16% lariat lux trucks, then it's only time to panic if orders were like 80% lariats overall, and of that lariat subset, then 90% of those orders were lux orders. 90% of 80% total is 72% total.
Sounds like the Ford Crystal ball is broken. They aren't doing a good job forecasting what customers will want.

Pizzacat_69420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Supercab (StupidCab_TM) 2.7T
Sounds like the Ford Crystal ball is broken. They aren't doing a good job forecasting what customers will want.
Plot twist: Ford still decides what will and won't sell regardless of customer desires.

Think about this: if this weren't a new model launch during a chip shortage, Ford would probably not be taking pre-orders and you'd be buying whatever package combination a dealer chose to order for them to have on the lot. This is a case where buyers are spoiled for choice vs the past when you'd settle for an approximation of what you wanted that was already sitting on the lot. This is one of the first few times that I'm aware of where basically every vehicle is a custom order.

What will happen here is that Ford will build what it can with what it has on hand and continue to delay everything else until it can fill parts orders to complete the other packages. It may get built in 2021/2022 or it may become a 2023 or some may cancel.

The closer it gets to the 2023 model roll overs the more likely it is that ford will skip that order or roll it over if it can't aquire parts to complete it on 2022.

Ford never said it had to build and sell all the mavericks it could produce in Hermosillo. That lines production is split anyway with the bronco sport.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When do these constraint updates typically get released? Also is it possible for people without insider insight to get access to this information?

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why are we still talking about this at this point of the situation and blaming Ford? We have people who are clamoring for the cheapest car they can find trying to tell a multi-billion dollar company how to run their business during a period of highly constrained raw materials. o_O This is mind-boggling.

Sponsored

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Why are we still talking about this at this point of the situation and blaming Ford? We have people who are clamoring for the cheapest car they can find trying to tell a multi-billion dollar company how to run their business during a period of highly constrained raw materials. o_O This is mind-boggling.
That's pretty much the state of this website. You see it on every thread.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I just got notification this morning that my Hybrid XLT that was ordered on 07-20-21 is scheduled to be built on 01-31-22, and my EcoBoost XLT that was ordered on 10-29-21 is scheduled to be built on 02-07-22.

Nothing but KUDOS to the Ford Motor Company for what I consider to be a job well done during these times.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You've heard of the band, "Rage Against the Machine" ? That's kind of what we see here. Not much point in it. Chill dudes. I'm sure Ford would love to push these out faster and is doing the best they can given current circumstances. No point in gettin' your shorts in a knot.

Imlooney

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well shit, I just tried to hire Fred Flintstone or Barney Rubble as my powertrain but they are booked up so I guess I have to wait for a hybrid.
Sponsored