First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I switched when it was first announced. 3 weeks later I have a build date next week. After all my son, a mechanic has seen with the hybrid eCVT engine, I was glad I switched.
I would say the one solid thing about the hybrid is that Ecvt transmission you seem to imply is trouble. Its basically an almost exact copy of the one used in the Prius built by Aisin . The 2.0 turbo ecoboost seems to be more of a problem engine with carbon build up on intake valves.
Sponsored

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This whole allocation thing is nuts and screws the customer as how are they supposed to know which dealer has allocations. It encourages people to go out to say 3 dealers and place orders at all three dealers even though you only want ONE. If I don't get my 2023 order I will do exactly that at least three dealers for 2024 assuming I still want one at that point, It seems like the only way you might get one. It doesn't seem to matter when you place you order either. Sept 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 or 20.
I very seriously considered ordering a 23 Maverick from one of the large volume dealers that is well known on this site. I ended up ordering from a local dealer out of some sense of local loyalty. Unfortunately it turns out they are a low allocation dealer, so I am relatively uncertain if I get my order or not.

To be fair, it’s still relatively early in the model year cycle, but I will be deeply disappointed if I don’t get my order built. If that happens, I plan to order two trucks in the 24 MY from different dealers.

OP
OP
Christenhildebrandt

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I very seriously considered ordering a 23 Maverick from one of the large volume dealers that is well known on this site. I ended up ordering from a local dealer out of some sense of local loyalty. Unfortunately it turns out they are a low allocation dealer, so I am relatively uncertain if I get my order or not.

To be fair, it’s still relatively early in the model year cycle, but I will be deeply disappointed if I don’t get my order built. If that happens, I plan to order two trucks in the 24 MY from different dealers.
I am surprised how many people did that. Seems to be a smart call in hindsight. Wonder how many duplicate people orders there are. Only annoying if it costs us that ordered one.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am surprised how many people did that. Seems to be a smart call in hindsight. Wonder how many duplicate people orders there are. Only annoying if it costs us that ordered one.
Yea when the 2024 order banks opens up now that we all know about allocation craziness many will be ordering at least 2 maybe 3 mavericks but only wanting one. I wonder how many did that for the 2023 orders? Did buyers really fill up the order banks in a few days or are there double to triple orders placed with only wanting one ? .

Not sure but it seems like that is the way to go for orders at a bare minimum two for 2024 from different dealers of course. I think I will do three. Assuming I don't get my 2023 ordered hybrid. This is stupid we have to do that.

Sponsored

Titleistman18

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Supercrew, 05 Chevy Colorado, 95 Jeep Wr.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The movement seems to be minimal. Looks like they built some EB to bring those left to be made to around 26% instead of 28% on 1-3-23.

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.49.39 PM.jpg
Oh joy!! Just got my third 45 day apology letter 🤬🤬🤬

Pwoodward

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Sport Wagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I going to try a different configuration. I removed the hitch before Christmas and had a bare bones XL Hybrid with drop in bed liner priority 10 first day orders. I just tried to remove the bed liner but dealer said if he removed the order switched to bed tray and could not get the system to have no form of bed . So decided to add what Ford it wanting to sell and changed to SIBL with the free cleat system and added Copilot 360 as know I going to regret not having after 135 days having no package did not help do may as well get what I want. If does not work out can remove later or buy something else I guess. From what I seen on the forum most orders have accessories/options added and wondering if Ford may start there scheduling trying to use their stock of options first and having nothing along with XL and Hybrid may actually be worse than having some packages.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I going to try a different configuration. I removed the hitch before Christmas and had a bare bones XL Hybrid with drop in bed liner priority 10 first day orders. I just tried to remove the bed liner but dealer said if he removed the order switched to bed tray and could not get the system to have no form of bed . So decided to add what Ford it wanting to sell and changed to SIBL with the free cleat system and added Copilot 360 as know I going to regret not having after 135 days having no package did not help do may as well get what I want. If does not work out can remove later or buy something else I guess. From what I seen on the forum most orders have accessories/options added and wondering if Ford may start there scheduling trying to use their stock of options first and having nothing along with XL and Hybrid may actually be worse than having some packages.
Yea since they have the options to put in they might pick orders that have those options ordered.. So going bare bones might make it worse. But then again who knows the mystery Ford seems to be now.

Bruce8858

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had ordered 2 Maverick hybrid Lariat’s from 2 different dealers (one gave me a better deal, no dealer fees) than the other one, both reputable dealers. I had the Lariat Luxury package, copilot 360 and 360 assist. I wanted all the safety features plus adaptive cruise control. I changed one over to ecoboost last Monday but now am having second thoughts because of rising gas costs. I’m having a FOMO syndrome. I do need a new truck but want the hybrid.

Just wondering if I should switch the one back to hybrid or leave it alone. I originally was thinking that one would get built and the other wouldn’t. I thought that I could sell the ecoboost if the hybrid came in to Carmax or Carvana and get most of my money back and I would have a truck in the meantime to drive. Any thoughts?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had ordered 2 Maverick hybrid Lariat’s from 2 different dealers (one gave me a better deal, no dealer fees) than the other one, both reputable dealers. I had the Lariat Luxury package, copilot 360 and 360 assist. I wanted all the safety features plus adaptive cruise control. I changed one over to ecoboost last Monday but now am having second thoughts because of rising gas costs. I’m having a FOMO syndrome. I do need a new truck but want the hybrid.

Just wondering if I should switch the one back to hybrid or leave it alone. I originally was thinking that one would get built and the other wouldn’t. I thought that I could sell the ecoboost if the hybrid came in to Carmax or Carvana and get most of my money back and I would have a truck in the meantime to drive. Any thoughts?
I would leave orders alone, drive the Ecoboost until the hybrid comes in. I would think "no big deal" take both whichever one comes in first. I originally ordered hybrid XLT lux, then six weeks later ordered hybrid XLT (no lux) +4 pin hitch +inverter, then ordered 2.0 Tremor lariat + almost all options. Six months after first order and not hearing anything purchased an "orphaned" hybrid lariat loaded last March. Have 12k miles on it and last oct got the hybrid XLT lux now in garage with 550 miles. The XLT without lux but with 4pin Hitch and inverter shows "built, awaiting shipment". I have not heard squat on the Tremor. Am waiting order book to open so I can order what I really want "A plug in hybrid with any trim". I have not played any of the games of ordering with more than one dealer or changing anything on any order.

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

They will build ALL of the ecoboost orders this year. While only half the hybrid orders, There is always a chance they build the hybrid before the ecoboost but most likely not.

NOW as for reselling the Ecoboost, right now they sell for MORE than you paid for them. BUT I doubt that stays for much longer. By mid to late summer I think there will be Ecoboost on dealer lots. Once that happens the high resale of the Eco goes away. .

Bruce8858

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yea, that’s what I started thinking. If I want a hybrid I would be better to keep both orders in until the end of the model year. Then if nothing comes through buy the ecoboost off the dealers lot.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

It might be interesting if FORD WOULD ALLOW A CHANGE BACK TO A HYBRIB, IF THEY REALLY CAN NOT MAKE ALL OF THEM FOR 23MY.

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid