First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I submitted my order tonight to the dealer. It looks like the only issue is the bedliner.

Any chance I will see the truck by 1 June?

The local dealer has a Lariat First Edition for 37k on the lot right now.
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered my Hybrid XLT with two options...XLT Luxury Pkg & Ford 360. In "layman's terms", how does this affect me? Thanks for your help!
The XLT Luxury package is limiting your chances of getting scheduled for production. If you want the Lux package, which I'm sure you do or you wouldn't have ordered it, all you can do is hang in there and hope you're in the 18% that get scheduled.

This constraint list is revised about once a month. All of this will get better whenever this materials supply situation gets back to normal.

RevBo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The XLT Luxury package is limiting your chances of getting scheduled for production. If you want the Lux package, which I'm sure you do or you wouldn't have ordered it, all you can do is hang in there and hope you're in the 18% that get scheduled.

This constraint list is revised about once a month. All of this will get better whenever this materials supply situation gets back to normal.
Thanks so much! I see you are in North Carolina. I pastored in Wilmington for 23 years. Beautiful state!

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks so much! I see you are in North Carolina. I pastored in Wilmington for 23 years. Beautiful state!
Glad to help. Normally the public doesn't get to see these constraint lists but we have "insiders" helping us out posting information here.

The wife and I are heading to the coast near Wilmington for a few days in early December for her birthday. NC has it all, from the mountains to the coast. We live in-between them.

Sponsored

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder what production would look like if the supply chain issues get worked out. Would suddenly production ramp up or are they already being built to capacity? My Tri-fold is my limiting factor, but i'm overseas and will be for at least a year with the truck so getting it after market is no bueno. So i'll ride it out, wanted the bed extender but I can wait until I am back in the states for that. Wasn't willing to compromise on the bed cover though. I had also seen where your dealer you ordered through also has an impact and no idea where Military Car Sales falls into that pecking order...

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wher do you
They will not stack. You could "WIN" on one and "LOSE" on another. Or a combination of some.
Where did you see/get the idea they do not stack? Consider the following.
1. you have to win on all commodities for your car to be built.
2. the more constrained items ordered the more it can possible stack against you.
3. dealer allocation comes into play

Ford has the algorithm to sort all these things out. but to us it APPEARS to be unpredictable and random, but it is all designed to take advantage of as much of the raw materials they have available to place into production at any given time.

I ordered a hybrid in late July with a spray-in bedliner. a friend of mine ordered a hybrid the first week of Sept. from the same dealer without the bedliner. She has a build date. I do not.

OP
OP
jsouth33

jsouth33

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT
Wher do you

Where did you see/get the idea they do not stack? Consider the following.
1. you have to win on all commodities for your car to be built.
2. the more constrained items ordered the more it can possible stack against you.
3. dealer allocation comes into play

Ford has the algorithm to sort all these things out. but to us it APPEARS to be unpredictable and random, but it is all designed to take advantage of as much of the raw materials they have available to place into production at any given time.

I ordered a hybrid in late July with a spray-in bedliner. a friend of mine ordered a hybrid the first week of Sept. from the same dealer without the bedliner. She has a build date. I do not.
Wasnt just an idea. After someone posted the question I texted my Regional Ford rep with a simple question, I got a specific response. Also these are the most recent constraints. You ordered in July, they may have changed since. Hybrid was much lower than the current 40% it is now back then. At the end of the day I was given an email of constraints from my rep. Posting it for everyone to see and take what you want from it. I am doing my best to double check anything I say on here to try and be as accurate as I can with the resources I trust before putting it here.
Ford Maverick Maverick Commodity Constraints as of 10/27 shot

Ih8thew82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't expect Ford to do any upgrades the Maverick, unless it's safety related, until 2025/2026 timeframe. Sure there's a lot of things the we (MTC) think Ford should've done or could do, but I think Ford will want to wait to get a better feel exactly how popular Maverick really is, plus you have to also consider what the competition will come out with in the future. Personally, I don't consider the Santa Crud as serious competition. So I'm guess that for the next 3-5 years Mavericks won't change much, I do think the interior colors will change and maybe some small features, like adding cruise control to XL or push start to XLT.
You're probably right about keeping next year similar. They haven't even started an open ad campaign so I'm thinking it will be for the '23s with only minor changes based on glitches exposed in the '22s and parts availability.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wasnt just an idea. After someone posted the question I texted my Regional Ford rep with a simple question, I got a specific response. Also these are the most recent constraints. You ordered in July, they may have changed since. Hybrid was much lower than the current 40% it is now back then. At the end of the day I was given an email of constraints from my rep. Posting it for everyone to see and take what you want from it. I am doing my best to double check anything I say on here to try and be as accurate as I can with the resources I trust before putting it here.
shot.jpg
Let me get this clear. If you order a Maverick from your Rep's perspective everybody has an equal shot of getting their car produced regardless of the constrained items they have added?

Sponsored
OP
OP
jsouth33

jsouth33

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT
Let me get this clear. If you order a Maverick from your Rep's perspective everybody has an equal shot of getting their car produced regardless of the constrained items they have added?
Itā€™s not equal if you have anything in that list. You MIGHT be at a disadvantage with something.You may get picked up no issue. Like winning the lottery. I requested a priority 2 today, doubt they do it. I have 5 things on the list, but I damn sure tried.

Iā€™m seeing it now with Broncos. Some people ordered a month ago and are getting scheduled ahead of people that have the SAME BUILD and reserved over a year ago.

To an extent I believe itā€™s random. However if Ford is formulating a list of parts that MIGHT slow you down I am apt to follow. This entire forum is suggestive most of the time. You donā€™t have to believe what I put out. Hell itā€™s hard for me to believe my own rep with Ford sometimes.

Itā€™s a truckā€¦ it wonā€™t change the lay of my life when it arrives. So I donā€™t get worked up around the logistics of its arrival.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Itā€™s not equal if you have anything in that list. You MIGHT be at a disadvantage with something.You may get picked up no issue. Like winning the lottery. I requested a priority 2 today, doubt they do it. I have 5 things on the list, but I damn sure tried.

Iā€™m seeing it now with Broncos. Some people ordered a month ago and are getting scheduled ahead of people that have the SAME BUILD and reserved over a year ago.

To an extent I believe itā€™s random. However if Ford is formulating a list of parts that MIGHT slow you down I am apt to follow. This entire forum is suggestive most of the time. You donā€™t have to believe what I put out. Hell itā€™s hard for me to believe my own rep with Ford sometimes.

Itā€™s a truckā€¦ it wonā€™t change the lay of my life when it arrives. So I donā€™t get worked up around the logistics of its arrival.
That randomness is why I put the allocation scenario into the equation. Ford also has to make a profit. They can make more profit by building more cars that have fewer constrained parts per car. That is why I said stacking may be a factor. You are correct in saying that the Ford rep might not be believable.

Dat_boi_Roy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜07 Ford Taurus
Thank You! My current car has smoke coming from the engine so I really need my Maverick as fast as possible. Just called my dealer to cancel my Tonneau cover. Hope this will speed up my order.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just pulled the soft folding Tonneau from my order yesterday. 3% constraint.

I had resisted making the change figuring it'll get built when it gets built. But I see that the aftermarket is already cranking out covers; BAK and Truxedo are shipping. And I was never really happy with the velcro on the soft cover.

So now I have to pick a tonneau. I think it'll be the BAK Revolver X4S

Pizzacat_69420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Supercab (StupidCab_TM) 2.7T

It seems like it all depends on how many of each item actually got ordered overall vs the Ford projections. If ford projected for a quantity to be ordered of a specific package and the actual number of orders matches that projection, even if it shows on that list, then it shouldn't matter.

Example: Overall, if only 20% of all Maverick orders were for Lux package lariats, then the constraints may only be preventing a few trucks from being scheduled. If ford assumed only 3% of orders would be lariat lux trucks, and 75% of trucks got ordered as lariat lux, well then, that's a huge problem.

Without knowing the full break down of actual orders and options, everything is just guessing at how these numbers affect everyone else. If every option were at 0% or 3%, then we've got a problem. But if Ford says they can build 16% lariat lux trucks, then it's only time to panic if orders were like 80% lariats overall, and of that lariat subset, then 90% of those orders were lux orders. 90% of 80% total is 72% total.
Sponsored