Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This ^^^
Gone are the days when you splice into the taillight wires to add a hitch. All CanBus or similar systems. So, you MUST have a module that controls the hitch lights. I don't know if all the rear harness's on the Maverick are all the same, where you could add the module/harness later. But if you check closer with the Ford aftermarket hitch package you will see that it is anything but a simple plug and play into a harness. Yet there IS this package available so that is a good thing.
*Starts trying to hardwire a lightbulb*

Maverick: "Sorry, but I can't let you do that, Dave."

Me: "Dammit, for the 100th time, my name is Bob!"

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Again, I’m 50yrs old and have always been a Ford man but I will say….. I’ll NEVER order another Ford ever again
I am way older and have ordered from many manufacturers. They all have issues, more so for the last three years. I've been on other forums and there are people bitching on them on why hasn't mine been built yet. There are a huge number of interlocking actions that need to take place for a car to be built and delivered. Our only options are to be patient or give up your order for some peace.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hitches seem to go to the Tow packages but than again we have seen stand alone hitches scheduled so it’s a guessing game at times.
Packages should get hitches before stand alone hitches because Ford makes more money and the other items in the package then would go and sit waiting. Plus constraints don't mean they completely ran out already but that based on current list of orders they will not be able to schedule all. Then customers can decide to drop the constraints.

Sponsored

Farmer1972

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Aspire
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am way older and have ordered from many manufacturers. They all have issues, more so for the last three years. I've been on other forums and there are people bitching on them on why hasn't mine been built yet. There are a huge number of interlocking actions that need to take place for a car to be built and delivered. Our only options are to be patient or give up your order for some peace.
I’ll be patient, just never gonna order again

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford sucks. They are in deep dudu rigtht now. Shuting down plants, laying off thousands of people, dealing with build quality, their stock is taking a dump, etc. etc. Going to be awhile before things resolve.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hitches seem to go to the Tow packages but than again we have seen stand alone hitches scheduled so it’s a guessing game at times.
Don't understand why a hitch is such a big constraint. It is just another hunk of metal and some copper stranded wire along with a plug, Makes no sense. Seems like an excuse to me.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I've read here - They are, but currently many of them are going towards fleet orders instead of retail/customer.
You are probably correct. I’ve seen quite a few fleet vehicles in the Atlanta area.

reneau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevrolet Colorado, Mustang 1966
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered 2023 Lariat EB Luxury with 4K tow package. Is the 4K tow package a restraint?
Call the Ford Customer Relations people and they will tell you if anything on your order is restrained or not. Also if it is in line for production. They can't give you a production date but they will let you know if it is actually going to be produced. They were very nice and helpful. Unlike my dealership! 18003344375........hope this helps.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford sucks. They are in deep dudu rigtht now. Shuting down plants, laying off thousands of people, dealing with build quality, their stock is taking a dump, etc. etc. Going to be awhile before things resolve.
What plants are they "shutting down"?

How long are these "thousands of people" laid off?
Sponsored