Sponsored

Global Window Open Confirmed Working (Lariat Only)

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t think it can be enabled for safety reasons such as closing on a child or pets head etc.
Auto up windows have pinch protection. You can see in one of the first replies a video demonstrates global close on the Mustang Mach-E.
Sponsored

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, do the controls use an increase in motor current to stop for the safety feature? Is that the same for the down and up limits?

Or do they have an encoder or limit switch?

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, do the controls use an increase in motor current to stop for the safety feature? Is that the same for the down and up limits?

Or do they have an encoder or limit switch?
No limit switches are present; Ford one-touch up/down controls use a combination of hall effect sensors for position/limit sensing, and motor current for object detection.

edit/clarification:
My comment above relates primarily to one-touch up controls; one-touch down only might rely solely on motor current.

Last edited:
OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No limit switches are present; Ford one-touch up/down controls use a combination of hall effect sensors for position/limit sensing, and motor current for object detection.

edit/clarification:
My comment above relates primarily to one-touch up controls; one-touch down only might rely solely on motor current.
Do you know what is happening when the window reaches the full open or close position and it does that little extra actuation? It seems to close and then verify. Do the hall effect sensors require that?

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you know what is happening when the window reaches the full open or close position and it does that little extra actuation? It seems to close and then verify. Do the hall effect sensors require that?
I believe the algorithm adapts slightly to window opening size, to allow for small deformations, etc in the seal over time. There is a learn procedure where you drive the window open until it reaches end of travel, and then drive it closed to the upper eot. Algo zeros the window edge position at the bottom, and accumulates counts as the window rises. Position is saved at the upper stall point during learning so the algo knows size of travel.

What you describe might be size learning/adaptation, or maybe pinch protection. Got me curious, I should do some Goggle-research; if I actually learn something I'll share it

Sponsored

GodFatherofTech

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Vette, '69 C10, HD Trike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would anybody want to do that? Just press the button on the door.
My current car has it and I use it all the time in Texas when the summer has heated your car's inside up to near melting. It opens the sunroof at the same time also.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A software program called Forscan enables you to open/close your windows with the keyfob. This may only work on certain models. I believe it requires the window to have auto up and down at the door switch. I don't know if XL/XLT have that.
I've ordered an XLT non lux, I think the auto down is driver's side only. I wonder if this works just roll down the drivers side, or if it's simply unavailable.

Also, does using Forscan void warranty?

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone around Richmond VA that could enable the remote window opening for me? Or know if the dealership would do it?

I am without the necessary hardware unfortunately.

ffoc01

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hyb FE, 2014 Flex
Do some models not have power windows ?
XL, XLT have conventional, hard wired power windows with just one touch down for the driver. Lariat have all 4 power windows controlled by individual door modules, which lets them one touch open and close, and allows for remote operation and global open/close.

Sponsored

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Auto up windows have pinch protection. You can see in one of the first replies a video demonstrates global close on the Mustang Mach-E.
I think its not just pinching that automakers are worried about, but potentially someone closing it from their pockets and suffocating a pet/child that is stuck inside. Seems ridiculous I know and my BMW has auto close, but just saying I think this is another reason on top of pinching.

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you ever get global close to work? My global open worked fine, but not the close.
I’ve continued to play around with other settings and no luck.

bringjustn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cruze, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Confirmed working on another hybrid lariat lux. Took a few tries to get it to work.
Ford Maverick Global Window Open Confirmed Working (Lariat Only) 20220615_195131