Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Positive. I unlocked it on my XLT so am sure you can on Lariat. I spent 2 seconds Googling and came up with this, which I haven't watched all the way.
Friggin goober just straight up farts at 4:44.
Sponsored

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost with AWD, Tow Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Friggin goober just straight up farts at 4:44.
LOL I missed that! Well he has to make his videos entertaining in order to draw more viewers to his channel. What a great way to do it. I posted a comment on his YouTube video.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wish there was a way to have Trail Control on an EB AWD. There are a few back roads where I'd love to have cruise control engaged at about 8mph for 5 miles or so to spare my vehicle abuse. Get impatient and always find I drive those stretches too fast.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wish there was a way to have Trail Control on an EB AWD. There are a few back roads where I'd love to have cruise control engaged at about 8mph for 5 miles or so to spare my vehicle abuse. Get impatient and always find I drive those stretches too fast.
Trying to work on it but getting Maverick ipc and abs firmware without cashing in my 401k for a Ford software license has been impossible. I cant find the firmware files anywhere and no responses on the forscan forums despite being an extended license purchaser. Someday

First Name
Alonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Applies to all trims w/AWD with or without an FX4 package.

This so far has been tested on an XL trim with a 2.0L gas engine, AWD w/o the FX4 package and has since been confirmed to work with the FX4 package option.

It has also been confirmed that it can be used on FWD vehicles. Performance testing still to be determined for FWD.

This assumes you know how to use Forscan. Also make sure you back up your ABS settings before doing this. If you screw it up badly a simple restore of your back up settings may not be enough. You might also have to do an ABS module reset afterwards.

There are 2 ways to go about this.

Method 1 - enable either the FX4 package or non FX4 package.

To switch between both

ABS
760-02-01
xxxx-xxxx-x*xx

For non FX4 package and eco / sport drive modes enabled change to xxxx-xxxx-x1xx
For FX4 package and mud / snow drive modes change to xxxx-xxxx-x8xx

Next you need to enable the selectable drive modes for the package you want active. See SDM section for drive mode selection.

Method 2 - This allows for all 4 modes to be usable at the same time

First you need to disable ABS as a selectable drive mode. This will bypass register 760-02-01. You can leave that setting to your vehicle's default setting.

ABS
760-04-01
xxxx-xxxx-x*xx
change * to 0 to disable the ABS drive mode selector
This now allows you to use all 4 modes.

Next you need to enable the drive modes. See SDM section.

SDM (selectable drives modes)
This is required regardless of what method you use.

shortcut code - recommended for method 2.
760-04-03
0000 0001 EB5A
This enables all 4 modes - eco, sport, mud and snow

To enable FX4 modes

FX4 package - recommended code for method 1
760-04-03
xxxx-xxx1-E1xx
This enables both mud and snow modes

xxxx-xxx1-x1xx
xxx1 = snow
x1xx = eco and sport not present

xxxx-xxxx-E1xx
Exxx = mud / ruts

To enable non FX4 modes

non FX4 package - recommended code for method 1
760-04-03
xxxx-xxxx-6Bxx
6 = eco and sport present / no mud mode
B = eco and sport

xxxx-xxxx-63xx
3 = eco w/o sport

xxxx-xxxx-69xx
9 = sport w/o eco
Applies to all trims w/AWD with or without an FX4 package.

This so far has been tested on an XL trim with a 2.0L gas engine, AWD w/o the FX4 package and has since been confirmed to work with the FX4 package option.

It has also been confirmed that it can be used on FWD vehicles. Performance testing still to be determined for FWD.

This assumes you know how to use Forscan. Also make sure you back up your ABS settings before doing this. If you screw it up badly a simple restore of your back up settings may not be enough. You might also have to do an ABS module reset afterwards.

There are 2 ways to go about this.

Method 1 - enable either the FX4 package or non FX4 package.

To switch between both

ABS
760-02-01
xxxx-xxxx-x*xx

For non FX4 package and eco / sport drive modes enabled change to xxxx-xxxx-x1xx
For FX4 package and mud / snow drive modes change to xxxx-xxxx-x8xx

Next you need to enable the selectable drive modes for the package you want active. See SDM section for drive mode selection.

Method 2 - This allows for all 4 modes to be usable at the same time

First you need to disable ABS as a selectable drive mode. This will bypass register 760-02-01. You can leave that setting to your vehicle's default setting.

ABS
760-04-01
xxxx-xxxx-x*xx
change * to 0 to disable the ABS drive mode selector
This now allows you to use all 4 modes.

Next you need to enable the drive modes. See SDM section.

SDM (selectable drives modes)
This is required regardless of what method you use.

shortcut code - recommended for method 2.
760-04-03
0000 0001 EB5A
This enables all 4 modes - eco, sport, mud and snow

To enable FX4 modes

FX4 package - recommended code for method 1
760-04-03
xxxx-xxx1-E1xx
This enables both mud and snow modes

xxxx-xxx1-x1xx
xxx1 = snow

xxxx-xxxx-E1xx
Exxx = mud / ruts

To enable non FX4 modes

non FX4 package - recommended code for method 1
760-04-03
xxxx-xxxx-6Bxx
B = eco and sport

xxxx-xxxx-63xx
3 = eco w/o sport

xxxx-xxxx-69xx
9 = sport w/o eco
Can someone do a walkthrough video on how to do this mod? I have a XL AWD I wanna add the Fx4 modes to.

Sponsored

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost with AWD, Tow Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My mods to modes (addition of Sport and Eco) have worked well. I don't get why all of a sudden Normal mode now has auto/start/stop reenabled. I didn't do any software updates, it just quit working, while Sport and Eco are still there and work normally.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trying to work on it but getting Maverick ipc and abs firmware without cashing in my 401k for a Ford software license has been impossible. I cant find the firmware files anywhere and no responses on the forscan forums despite being an extended license purchaser. Someday
Far as I know the only place to get firmware files is from the motorcraftservice website and you'll also have to pay for a minimum of 72 hour access which includes the shop manuals to get at them.

atombomb1993

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is originally a Lariat AWD w/ a 2” Lift & 235/65/18”
I just thought I’d take a minute to show you that I went ahead and put all the modes in with For Scan and it worked like a charm, and it worked off road well too, and I also am showing the carbon fiber that I bought on Amazon mostly from a company called fewshaw and the orange 🍊 knob covers were from Amazon as well.
I tried to upload a video, but for some reason it wasn’t wanting to go even when I knocked the size virtually in half.

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5083

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5082

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5081

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5080

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5079

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5078

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5077

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5076

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5075

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5074

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5073

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5072

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5071

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5070

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) IMG_5069
Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) image

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hope you find what you need. I've got a FWD Eco on the way and would love to try enabling a slow crawler mode. I often drive over lawns into spots to do yard work or light construction projects (but not tremor package justifying). Would be super nice feature to save the lawn from my foot jerking and make the process of navigating hilly + small spaces around structures safer.

Yard Crawl = DIY & Light contractor feature!

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hope you find what you need. I've got a FWD Eco on the way and would love to try enabling a slow crawler mode. I often drive over lawns into spots to do yard work or light construction projects (but not tremor package justifying). Would be super nice feature to save the lawn from my foot jerking and make the process of navigating hilly + small spaces around structures safer.

Yard Crawl = DIY & Light contractor feature!
I did figure it out, it required an FX4 6.5" productivity IPC which has the module for hill descent control in it. Oddly enough the regular 6.5" productivity screen IPC that comes on non FX4 equipped Lariat models does not have the HDC module. Probably a lot more involved than most people want to do since you have to swap out the gauge cluster program the new cluster to carry over your odometer mileage and then program a few things with Forscan. It also required the new button cluster for the center console and a 12g wire run from the button to a connector near the fuse panel.

You can read the updates here:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ll-descent-control-mod-wiring-required.10609/
Sponsored