Flat towing the Maverick?

M2hb

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I have the Lariat with Luxury and Copilot 360 packages. There is a 12v “cigarette lighter” style outlet on the lower portion of the dash above the wireless charging space for a cell phone. Is this outlet powered continuously? I’d like to plug in my RVI Brake3 there, but I’m afraid it will time out and power while towing the Maverick behind the motorhome.
OK. Installed the 12v outlet directly to the battery under the rear set today, so that’s done. And now… I realized I’m not sure about the setup for the RVI Brake 3….

Is the Maverick HYBRID brake system “vacuum” or “active assist”? I can’t seem to find this in the manual.

Thanks,
mdh
Sponsored

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure will, did a little research on active shutters, no issues what so ever by removing them across all models
Did you only remove the lower shutters? Or did you have to remove all?

Sponsored

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mach1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 mach1
Engine
Undecided
Installed the blue ox base plate and shutters remain intact. Did not like the small gauge wires for lights. installed removable lights on tail gate and wires to front with a plug installed on drivers side rear plastic panel. Installed ISL products to keep battery charged.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed the blue ox base plate and shutters remain intact. Did not like the small gauge wires for lights. installed removable lights on tail gate and wires to front with a plug installed on drivers side rear plastic panel. Installed ISL products to keep battery charged.
Do you have any pics?

Linda B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux!!!, E450 Lazy Daze Motorhome
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You've already discovered the hybrid can indeed be flat towed. You'll need a base plate (permanently attached to the Maverick), a tow bar, and a braking system. Two most common companies are Roadmaster and Blue Ox.
I flat-towed my Chevy Colorado using a Roadmaster base plate, tow bar and an NSA Ready Brake system. You can shop these items separately, or you can get them in kit/system form. Here's a link

https://nsatowbars.com/collections/complete-tow-package

This is from Camping World, but you can buy direct from the NSA website as well.
Actually that's World Camping Products, not the same as Lemonis' place.

Sponsored

munchcolo

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Couple of questions for all of you who have installed the Roadmaster baseplate:
1. Were you hesitant about removing the shutters, and do you think that that could affect warranty?
2. Could you reinstall the shutters if you were to remove the baseplate before selling the Maverick? I ask because I'm probably going to order a 2023 Lariat, and I may want to switch the baseplate from my 2022 XLT to the 2023 Lariat.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Couple of questions for all of you who have installed the Roadmaster baseplate:
1. Were you hesitant about removing the shutters, and do you think that that could affect warranty?
2. Could you reinstall the shutters if you were to remove the baseplate before selling the Maverick? I ask because I'm probably going to order a 2023 Lariat, and I may want to switch the baseplate from my 2022 XLT to the 2023 Lariat.
Munchcolo, I was hesitant about removing the shutters and even asked the installation company to save them. They had to be cut so there was no saving the lower shutters. The top ones remained intact. I won't be selling mine anytime soon but my guess is that a new shutter would need to be ordered and installed if you wanted them back on. They are made of flimsy plastic. Hope this helps.

Ford Maverick Flat towing the Maverick? IMG_20220404_193811032

LeeMac256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Fusion, F53, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I Installed the Roadmaster baseplate yesterday. If you are uneasy about hacking away on a new vehicle you shouldn’t do it. Took about 4.5 hours. The only problem I had was the pedestrian alarm wire wasnt long enough to plug up in the new mounting place. I’m going to make an extension for it.

Larry Moritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
When deciding between Blue Ox and Roadmaster baseplates take a look at the pics below. The first pic is the factory install of a BlueOx baseplate, the next two pics are of the Roadmaster factory install baseplate. The last pic is for those who think wider baseplate is better is of af a factory install of a Blue Ox baseplate on a 2021 Ford Escape hybrid, which has narrower connection points than the Roadmaster setup on a Maverick . Yes you can use a Blue Ox tow bar on a Roadmaster baseplate with a simple adapter.
A8F38BFF-EB70-41BE-9A44-1216BC12AEA8.jpeg
3658BC64-4E60-4DFD-AA07-73956FCE3732.jpeg
5CF87545-33AF-480B-BF0B-00E3BA77AB06.jpeg
EDCA0C0D-BF24-40CD-A041-EF551545CE87.jpeg
When you state factory install is that from Ford so you can order it installed already or do you mean installed by a blue ox dealer?

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you state factory install is that from Ford so you can order it installed already or do you mean installed by a blue ox dealer?
Both examples were prototype factory installs, one at Blue Ox, and mine was done by Roadmaster in Vancouve, WA. This is what they will look no matter who installs your baseplate.
Sponsored