First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have several tows and all good after the first regrettable experience with the battery. I've got it down where I know exactly where to stop the motorhome when backing up so the tow bars are perfect using the rear-view camera on the MH.
Sponsored

swtiming8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have several tows and all good after the first regrettable experience with the battery. I've got it down where I know exactly where to stop the motorhome when backing up so the tow bars are perfect using the rear-view camera on the MH.
I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience flat towing.
Roadmaster dealer put in a power line to keep the battery charged from the RV

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience flat towing.
Roadmaster dealer put in a power line to keep the battery charged from the RV
A charge line was installed using the RVi system, which has been used in tens of thousands of toads over many, many years.

The Ford dealer claimed that the RVi device was the cause of the battery problem, in spite of there not being any other documented cases of this with anyone else, and there certainly being numerous complaints about the Ford battery problem reported from many sources.

They used this to deny the warranty full knowing that no vehicle can be successfully towed without this after-market modification.

swtiming8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A charge line was installed using the RVi system, which has been used in tens of thousands of toads over many, many years.

The Ford dealer claimed that the RVi device was the cause of the battery problem, in spite of there not being any other documented cases of this with anyone else, and there certainly being numerous complaints about the Ford battery problem reported from many sources.

They used this to deny the warranty full knowing that no vehicle can be successfully towed without this after-market modification.
Read Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Read Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act
Quite familiar with it but the legal costs would definitely outweigh the $400 plus I had to pay to get my Mav back. If that dealer ever sees me again, it would be my spirit as I'm never going back. Too bad because the salesman was a genuinely very nice guy all along the way. Sunrise Ford, Ft. Pierce, Florida. CAVEAT EMPTOR.
Sponsored