David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the privilege of having the first to be flat towed, Roadmaster used my truck as Template. Only the Hybrid can be flat towed and no special options required, just simple changes on settings. I have been towing behind my RV since Jan 2022. Tows great.
Sponsored

Moore887

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is the quote I received for doing the flat tow package on my Maverick. I have the breakdown in PDF if anyone would like me to post it.

Total: $6,421.62
Expiration date: Sep 09
Notes: 2022 Ford Mavrick
2023 Winnebago Navon
* New Roadmaster Base plate , plus labor to Install ( please note , Back ordered status for Estimated 4 weeks )
* New Tow bar Falcon 2
* New combo kit for towing system, Plus labor to install new wiring for tail lights & turn signals ,
* New Duo Stay N Play Braking system (( Hard wired into the firewall system ) , plus labor to install
* New charge line for charging while driving down the road, plus labor to install

Estimate is good for 30 days from Date Above, Estimate is subject to change without notice .

Look forward to doing business with you , please note the back order status from Roadmaster if approved .

Bert Rooster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Toyota T-100, 06 Jeep Liberty, 2018 Tiffin MH
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That sounds too high by almost 2X. eTrailer.com has the following:
quick connect base plate for $485
Falcon 2 tow bar lists at $671.95 (I recommend spending ~$100 more for the All Terrain)
wiring kit $138.09
Stay n Play Duo $1175
Roadmaster charge line $50.47
Total for parts is under $2100. I would expect that around $1000 for labor would be appropriate. I believe $3500 max is what the setup you are looking should cost, even with high labor $4000 would be the high end.
For myself I already have the Falcon All Terrain tow bar and a RVI Brake aux braking device. I'll install the base plate, wiring kit, & charge line myself. I expect to be able to set my Maverick up to tow for ~$700

Albert
2023 Atlas Blue Hybrid XLT
Lux package, Co-pilot 360, moon roof
Build date = week of 9/11

swtiming8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That sounds too high by almost 2X. eTrailer.com has the following:
quick connect base plate for $485
Falcon 2 tow bar lists at $671.95 (I recommend spending ~$100 more for the All Terrain)
wiring kit $138.09
Stay n Play Duo $1175
Roadmaster charge line $50.47
Total for parts is under $2100. I would expect that around $1000 for labor would be appropriate. I believe $3500 max is what the setup you are looking should cost, even with high labor $4000 would be the high end.
For myself I already have the Falcon All Terrain tow bar and a RVI Brake aux braking device. I'll install the base plate, wiring kit, & charge line myself. I expect to be able to set my Maverick up to tow for ~$700

Albert
2023 Atlas Blue Hybrid XLT
Lux package, Co-pilot 360, moon roof
Build date = week of 9/11
Our 2023 XLT hybrid is flat towable

Moore887

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received a second quote and this one is for $4,000. Im hoping that's going to include the diode wiring for the lights. What's the difference between the falcon 2 and the all terrain?

Sponsored

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received a second quote and this one is for $4,000. Im hoping that's going to include the diode wiring for the lights. What's the difference between the falcon 2 and the all terrain?
A word of caution regarding the diodes. I had mine professionally installed then later had my passenger tail light go off intermittently. I took it to the dealer for a recall and asked them to check on the tail light issue. When they found out about the diodes and lasfit bulb upgrade, they required me to have it restored to factory set up before they would do any recalls or computer updates. I restored it back to factory, Ford did the update, tail light now working. I ended up just using a tailgate stick on light for my tow lights and it's totally independent from the factory wires. Good luck,Hope this helps.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I kept the standard round RV light connector and wiring to the back. Instead of connecting to the diodes, I connected the wires to the tailgate light strip. It has its own 3m tape to stick it on with.

Ford Maverick Flat towing the Maverick? IMG_20230813_191711535~2

Ford Maverick Flat towing the Maverick? IMG_20230813_191645854

Bert Rooster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Toyota T-100, 06 Jeep Liberty, 2018 Tiffin MH
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The All Terrain has a better release mechanism that uses a simple lever where as the Falcon 2 has knobs that have to depressed that usually require a tool. All Terrain also has channels to route safety cables and umbilical cord to the toad - much cleaner look. The light kit I listed from eTrailer includes diodes, wire, and misc. hardware.

KathyG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The All Terrain has a better release mechanism that uses a simple lever where as the Falcon 2 has knobs that have to depressed that usually require a tool. All Terrain also has channels to route safety cables and umbilical cord to the toad - much cleaner look. The light kit I listed from eTrailer includes diodes, wire, and misc. hardware.
We have towed our 2006 Honda CRV over 10K miles in the last 2 years using the Falcon All Terrain and think it is an outstanding tow bar for the price. Easy to use, durable and dependable. We bought the cover as part of an accessory kit, and keep it covered when not in use (while camping and travelling) and in the garage when we are home. I will be using it to flat tow our new 23 Maverick that we finally got last spring. (Just started setting it up...)

Sponsored

Rufus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been towing a Fusion Energi Hybrid for years. The plug-in option at campsites was a great bonus. only problem is the clearance on the Fusion is too low , hence the switch to the Maverick. Blue Ox now has a baseplate for the Maverick that is compatible with all my existing towing gear. Curt has a custom wiring harness and a trickle charger as well. Now all I need is the 2023 Maverick to start setting up. (I am scheduled for build Sept 11).

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been towing a Fusion Energi Hybrid for years. The plug-in option at campsites was a great bonus. only problem is the clearance on the Fusion is too low , hence the switch to the Maverick. Blue Ox now has a baseplate for the Maverick that is compatible with all my existing towing gear. Curt has a custom wiring harness and a trickle charger as well. Now all I need is the 2023 Maverick to start setting up. (I am scheduled for build Sept 11).
Better make sure your tow bar will work with the Blue Ox baseplate. My Blue Ox Alpha tow bar, and my new Ready Brake towbar will NOT work with the Blue Ox baseplate without heavy modification. Blue Ox claims they have a tow bar that will work with the Maverick base plate, I would call and confirm that.
The problem is the 41" between the attachment points of the Maverick base plate. Typical is 24-31". In a tight right or left turn the tow bar runs out of clearance and the bars bottom out in the pivot area. That causes extreme binding of the components!

Rufus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Better make sure your tow bar will work with the Blue Ox baseplate. My Blue Ox Alpha tow bar, and my new Ready Brake towbar will NOT work with the Blue Ox baseplate without heavy modification. Blue Ox claims they have a tow bar that will work with the Maverick base plate, I would call and confirm that.
The problem is the 41" between the attachment points of the Maverick base plate. Typical is 24-31". In a tight right or left turn the tow bar runs out of clearance and the bars bottom out in the pivot area. That causes extreme binding of the components!
Thanks, reslshelby. I have also read that others have had no problems with theirs. That being said, I believe the current best option with none of the issues of the Roadmaster or Blue Ox baseplate is the Demco.

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I already have the Blue Ox baseplate installed. I wish I could have had a Demco to consider......
I could remove the Blue Ox baseplate. There are covers on ebay to cover the front fascia areas that need to be cut out to allow the Blue Ox tow parts to protrude. But I think I have the problems associated with it worked out. Took a good bit of machining........

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m having the same exact problem after an identical professional install and full LasFit upgrade. Haven’t taken in for fix as unwilling to return all to stock. As they say, Caveat Emptor.
Sponsored