First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's interesting how the square sign goes away completely when not active, and the round ones still left a silhouette all the time.
It really bugged me that the 2 round silhouettes were always there. Especially when the second one never got used lol
Sponsored

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
SLIF = Speed limit only signs
SLOIF = Speed limit and overpass (passing) signs

The only address you need to change is the 706-01-01 address that correlates to the traffic sign recognition mode in easy mode. The other values can be left at default.
I never did get it working. The menu option shows up in driver settings and I can toggle it on and off with the controls on the steering wheel but it never shows any signs on my display.

No error message either. On the IPMA module, I tried both SLOIF and SLIF. I also tried "camera only" and "camera and maps" or whatever that setting is.

I don't get any signs or warnings.

I also tried editing the codes manually to the values in the post and still get the same result, menu option is available but no speed limit signs displayed when I drive by them.

I ended up setting the modules back to "as built" as downloaded from within forscan and then setting just the enable feature via easy mode on the IPC module. I haven't driven it since but I don't expect it will work as the IPMA module still shows TSR disabled. Even when it showed enabled, I wasn't getting anything either.

I also don't have silhouettes of signs.

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) Capture.JPG

Appreciate the help BTW!

aj351w

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat lux FX4
Can someone please post what exact changes are needed for a 6” Lariat lux screen to get square signs? I’ve went through these 17 pages of posts multiple times trying to piece together what I need and can’t get round or square signs. On page 16 it says all you need is this:

720-03-02 -- XX4x xxxx xx
720-09-01 -- xxxx xxxX 8x
and since the 720-03-02 is as built with a “4” all you need is the second line. I tried that and it doesn’t work so I found this:

Also worth noting in the IPMA needs to be set to SLIF mode, SLOIF does not work for this. 706-01-01 xxxx-XxD3-xxxx
I entered that and it still doesn’t work.

So the only 2 changes I made were to 72—09-01 and 706-01-01. What other changes are needed?

Also worth noting I have the TRS option on my dash and “Activate speed warning” option but the “Tolerance” values are in km/h. How do I switch that to mph? Of course I need to get the traffic signs to appear on my dash first.
Thanks.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can someone please post what exact changes are needed for a 6” Lariat lux screen
I hope you have better luck than me. I had posted trying to get all the exact settings, without using the simple mode, but no one answered. I did OP indicated they would update the original post at some point, so I’m waiting on that.

triangulumhalohydra

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope you have better luck than me. I had posted trying to get all the exact settings, without using the simple mode, but no one answered. I did OP indicated they would update the original post at some point, so I’m waiting on that.
Same... Really want to do this and the double honk removal on my Hybrid Lariat Lux, but waiting until there is a straightforward "here's what you need to do" walkthrough to get the square TSR for us 6"-ers. I'd be glad to paypal somebody a quick $20 for their time to writeup and share for posterity.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got this to work relatively easily.. and trust me, I am not proficient at anything computer related. Initially, I tried to avoid easy mode as recommended but the first digit I changed (per the first page of this thread) disabled adaptive cruise. I restored that from the backup but was spooked. Soo..

Here is what I did:

1. Easy mode - change TSR to enabled, SLIF, camera only

2. Change the as built codes provided by nick:

720-03-02 -- xx4x xxxx xx
720-09-01 -- xxxx xxxx 8x

Took me 5 mins.

Let me know if this works for you.

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) tempImageBSXatU

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I got this to work relatively easily.. and trust me, I am not proficient at anything computer related. Initially, I tried to avoid easy mode as recommended but the first digit I changed (per the first page of this thread) disabled adaptive cruise. I restored that from the backup but was spooked. Soo..

Here is what I did:

Took me 5 mins.

tempImageBSXatU.jpg
Thanks. I might just have to do that.
Being a software guy, I’d like to know what easy mode sets.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I might just have to do that.
It will take a while, but hopefully eventually we'll have condensed, organized instructions for Maverick-specific modifications. I have a friend with a 2015 Edge and in their FB group they have photo tutorials on everything possible with that.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All you have to do is compare the As-Built hex codes before and after making an easy mode change.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

All you have to do is compare the As-Built hex codes before and after making an easy mode change.
True. Would have to do all modules, since it could multiple.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True. Would have to do all modules, since it could multiple.
The changes are just constrained to that module; it only programs one at a time. That's why you might need to go into multiple modules to make similar changes even with easy mode.

triangulumhalohydra

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Here is what I did:

Took me 5 mins.

Awesome. Worked for me following your steps and after watching a couple Youtube videos on using Forscan and backing up the stock settings. '22 Mav Lariat Hybrid w/ Lux. Some additional detail below:

Once in Forscan:
1. IPMA (Simple Mode): Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR): from Disabled to SLIF
2. Still in IPMA Simple: Traffic Sign Recognition Mode: from Disabled to Camera data only
*then Write / save before leaving this section

3. IPC section (non-simple mode):
720-03-02 -- XX4x xxxx xx - Did not have to change this, was already 4
720-09-01 -- xxxx xxxX 8x - changed from a 1 to 8

4. For Fun... removed double honk when exiting while car running: Bdycm (simple mode): "double honk on leaving cabin" - enabled to disabled.

I went on a test drive and it works great (and it's dark out)! So far no issues, but will keep an eye out... Total time was about 10 minutes.

For anyone trying this, do at your own risk and this is not advice!

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is what I did:

Took me 5 mins.

Worked for me, thanks! I was getting so sick of the bubbles.

Chommer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Worked for me, thanks! I was getting so sick of the bubbles.
Awesome. Worked for me following your steps and after watching a couple Youtube videos on using Forscan and backing up the stock settings. '22 Mav Lariat Hybrid w/ Lux. Some additional detail below:

Once in Forscan:
1. IPMA (Simple Mode): Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR): from Disabled to SLIF
2. Still in IPMA Simple: Traffic Sign Recognition Mode: from Disabled to Camera data only

3. IPC section (non-simple mode):
720-03-02 -- XX4x xxxx xx - Did not have to change this, was already 4
720-09-01 -- xxxx xxxX 8x - changed from a 1 to 8

4. For Fun... removed double honk when exiting while car running: Bdycm (simple mode): "double honk on leaving cabin" - enabled to disabled.

I went on a test drive and it works great (and it's dark out)! So far no issues, but will keep an eye out... Total time was about 10 minutes.

For anyone trying this, do at your own risk and this is not advice!
would anyone like to walk me through this while i am sitting in the maverick and do it together?
I have forscan and willing to try, just want guidance if ppl are keen !!!

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
would anyone like to walk me through this while i am sitting in the maverick and do it together?
I have forscan and willing to try, just want guidance if ppl are keen !!!
I’m available to help if it is sometime in the next few hours today.
Sponsored