First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have the option to turn this off as displayed above (Activate TSR checkbox). Does the easy mode miss something? Because that's what I used if that makes a difference.
Also when in doubt don't use easy mode and use the actual codes that are known to work and apply to a Maverick. Easy mode doesn't always use the same codes and those codes may not apply to a Maverick.
Sponsored

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check the country and speed whether it is set to mph or kmph for IPMA module. There is no easy mode for that. You'll have to go back a few posts to find it but I did post what those addresses and settings are.
OK thanks, I'll check if there's an anomaly there. But it is currently displaying in km/h as I am in Canada.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Also when in doubt don't use easy mode and use the actual codes that are known to work and apply to a Maverick. Easy mode doesn't always use the same codes and those codes may not apply to a Maverick.
I agree, about doing it with actual codes.
I‘ve gone through all the posts, but not clear what the actual codes are, to turn TSR On.
The first post still says some are untested, but other posts seem to indicate they got it to work. Then posts turned into people just using Easy mode.
For example is it ’4’ or ‘C’ for 720-04-01?
It says confit 1b (Lariat) is untested for 706-01-01, but pretty sure there was confirmation in the posts.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This mod will work in the standard configuration for all trims with the only possible exception being Lariats w/ Sync 3 installed. An alternate configuration will then be needed which is untested so far.

Tools need

Forscan software and a programming cable

tutorial assumes you already know how to program using forscan.

First we need to enable the TSR menu in the instrument cluster. This has been tested on the 4.2inch cluster and is untested but should work on 6inch instrument clusters.

There are 2 possible settings depending if you have trailer sway control option in the vehicle assistance.

IPC
720-03-02
xxCx-xxxx

use this to change your existing setting if you have the trailer sway control as an option.
If not try different values in place of C until you get the TSR menu and no option for trailer sway control.

edit
apparently trailer sway control is a standard feature so that is the correct setting for all trims

edit this code is needed to enable the chime alert option which makes an audible noise when you drive above the posted speed limit or set threshold to trigger a warning.
IPC
720-04-01
xxxx-xx*x-xxxx
change * to 4 to enable the chime setting

untested yet
changing * to C should also work and open up other chime settings.

Next we need to enable the image processing module to scan speed signs.

This works in 2 distinct configurations.
1a. No Sync & no nav system - tested and confirmed working
1b. Sync & no nav system - will only apply to Lariats w/Lux. package - untested

2. Sync & nav system - semi confirmed see below

Configuration 1 which most every Maverick owner will use only scans speed limit signs with the front facing camera.

Configuration 2 supplements the camera with posted speed limits from the nav system maps. This requires a different hex code than Config 1 and may also require modifications to the APIM module to fully work. This needs to be tested still.

Config 1 without Navigation system
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables the speed sign scanning processing in the image processing module

Config 2 with Navigation system
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxDB-xxxxx
This will enable the system to also use the Nav system for posted speeds.
Note if you use this on a non Sync system you get a reduced performance error message and it won't scan signs at all.

That is it and if you did everything correctly TSR which is undocumented on the Maverick thus far will be enabled and working correctly in the instrument cluster with no conflicts with other safety features.

There should also be added functionality to display the speed signs on the head units but that is not known if it will at this point and requires further testing.
Hi there!

I've just discovered forescan from posters like yourself and it's capabilities. Can you please direct all of us newbies to a good site to learn all about forescan? I just picked up my xlt, eb with FX4 about 1 hour ago and really need to enable "sport mode" asap before my bogging down trans is potentially damaged due to running too tall a gear at really low rpms. I have a lot of knowledge regarding transmission damage over the last 10 years due to the above gas saving technique (i.e. run a tall gear, drop the rpms to save a little fuel, but destroy a lot of torque converters and transmissions).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there!

I've just discovered forescan from posters like yourself and it's capabilities. Can you please direct all of us newbies to a good site to learn all about forescan? I just picked up my xlt, eb with FX4 about 1 hour ago and really need to enable "sport mode" asap before my bogging down trans is potentially damaged due to running too tall a gear at really low rpms. I have a lot of knowledge regarding transmission damage over the last 10 years due to the above gas saving technique (i.e. run a tall gear, drop the rpms to save a little fuel, but destroy a lot of torque converters and transmissions).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Use google and search "how to use forscan". Lots of info on YouTube. First 2 big things is:

1. Have the latest version of forscan to use the easy config utilities

2. Have the right drivers for your usb obd2 adapter with window laptop

3. Have the right license for forscan loaded.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Use google and search "how to use forscan". Lots of info on YouTube. First 2 big things is:

1. Have the latest version of forscan to use the easy config utilities

2. Have the wright drivers for your usb obd2 adapter with window laptop

3. Have the right license for forscan loaded.
Thanks! All sounds like sage advice👍

wulff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So does anybody have 6 inch screen with rectangle signs? Few posts mention it but nobody actually says what codes are needed.

fyi, lariat+lux

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too would like the square signs with my larger screen, currently, they are round (XLT FX4 4K).

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So does anybody have 6 inch screen with rectangle signs? Few posts mention it but nobody actually says what codes are needed.

fyi, lariat+lux
The only person I've seen mention it is @Dallas Maverick
I haven't seen any photos or anyone else mention it.

Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) | Page 13 | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

I haven't taken the time to see if there's differences in mine and what's posted here (How-To) Enable Intellegent Adaptive Cruise | 2013+ Ford Escape Forum because the round signs don't bother me.

Sponsored

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@Dallas Maverick can you chime in and help us get square signs, please and thank you?
Happy to.

There are a limited set of changes that I made to mine and I don't remember which one actually changed it.

I'll dig and try to figure it out today.
In the meantime, here were my changes. If someone else beats me to it, have at it.
Modded AS-BuiltAddedNote
706-01-01 XXXX-XXDB-XX
706-01-02 XXXA-XXXX-XX
706-02-03 F8XX-X8XX-XX
706-02-04 XXX8-XXXX-XX
706-02-05 X8XX-XXXX-X8
706-02-06 XXXX-XXX8-XX
706-04-01 FFFC-27XX-8X(XXXX-XXXX-8X may not be needed)
720-09-01 XXXX-XXXX-8X
720-09-02 2XXX-XXThis was changed from 3XXX-XX, either value seems to work
7D0-01-02 XX6X-XXXX-XX(4 For Hybrid)
7D0-02-02 XBXX-XXXX-XX(A for vehicles without Flank guard sensors)Mavericks don't have Flank Guards, so not for us.
7D0-09-02 XXXE-XFXX-XD

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy to.

There are a limited set of changes that I made to mine and I don't remember which one actually changed it.

I'll dig and try to figure it out today.
In the meantime, here were my changes. If someone else beats me to it, have at it.
Modded AS-BuiltAddedNote
706-01-01 XXXX-XXDB-XX
706-01-02 XXXA-XXXX-XX
706-02-03 F8XX-X8XX-XX
706-02-04 XXX8-XXXX-XX
706-02-05 X8XX-XXXX-X8
706-02-06 XXXX-XXX8-XX
706-04-01 FFFC-27XX-8X(XXXX-XXXX-8X may not be needed)
720-09-01 XXXX-XXXX-8X
720-09-02 2XXX-XXThis was changed from 3XXX-XX, either value seems to work
7D0-01-02 XX6X-XXXX-XX(4 For Hybrid)
7D0-02-02 XBXX-XXXX-XX(A for vehicles without Flank guard sensors)Mavericks don't have Flank Guards, so not for us.
7D0-09-02 XXXE-XFXX-XD

Okay, I've done all of these except for the ones that start with 7D0- and the signs are still round. Where do I find the modules that start with 7D0? I went through each category but never found them.

EDIT - I found that 7D0 are contained in the APIM module, but my scan tool isn't reading that.

Last edited:

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Okay, I've done all of these except for the ones that start with 7D0- and the signs are still round. Where do I find the modules that start with 7D0? I went through each category but never found them.

EDIT - I found that 7D0 are contained in the APIM module, but my scan tool isn't reading that.
7D0 is Sync related, so you may not have it.

I played with this yesterday, but wasn't able to isolate the square signs. I'll try again tonight.

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone find a way yet to get square signs on the 6 inch screen that isn’t a Lariat with Sync 3?

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone find a way yet to get square signs on the 6 inch screen that isn’t a Lariat with Sync 3?
I haven't seen directions to get square signs on the Lariat Sync3 screen either. Others have also made suggested changes and still have round ones. Mine are round.
Sponsored