DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This mod will work in the standard configuration for all trims with the only possible exception being Lariats w/ Sync 3 installed. An alternate configuration will then be needed which is untested so far.

Tools need

Forscan software and a programming cable

tutorial assumes you already know how to program using forscan.

First we need to enable the TSR menu in the instrument cluster. This has been tested on the 4.2inch cluster and is untested but should work on 6inch instrument clusters.

There are 2 possible settings depending if you have trailer sway control option in the vehicle assistance.

IPC
720-03-02
xxCx-xxxx

use this to change your existing setting if you have the trailer sway control as an option.
If not try different values in place of C until you get the TSR menu and no option for trailer sway control.

edit
apparently trailer sway control is a standard feature so that is the correct setting for all trims

edit this code is needed to enable the chime alert option which makes an audible noise when you drive above the posted speed limit or set threshold to trigger a warning.
IPC
720-04-01
xxxx-xx*x-xxxx
change * to 4 to enable the chime setting

untested yet
changing * to C should also work and open up other chime settings.

Next we need to enable the image processing module to scan speed signs.

This works in 2 distinct configurations.
1a. No Sync & no nav system - tested and confirmed working
1b. Sync & no nav system - will only apply to Lariats w/Lux. package - untested

2. Sync & nav system - semi confirmed see below

Configuration 1 which most every Maverick owner will use only scans speed limit signs with the front facing camera.

Configuration 2 supplements the camera with posted speed limits from the nav system maps. This requires a different hex code than Config 1 and may also require modifications to the APIM module to fully work. This needs to be tested still.

Config 1 without Navigation system
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables the speed sign scanning processing in the image processing module

Config 2 with Navigation system
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxDB-xxxxx
This will enable the system to also use the Nav system for posted speeds.
Note if you use this on a non Sync system you get a reduced performance error message and it won't scan signs at all.

That is it and if you did everything correctly TSR which is undocumented on the Maverick thus far will be enabled and working correctly in the instrument cluster with no conflicts with other safety features.

There should also be added functionality to display the speed signs on the head units but that is not known if it will at this point and requires further testing.
I read the thread and am impressed. I have a XLT hybrid lux with the smaller screen. If I buy a FORScan cable, license FORScan, and follow your instructions, I can get the speed limit signs on my Maverick? That would be great.

I am in Germany so the round signs in km/hour would be what I am looking for. I don't need a chime that I am speeding or any interaction with cruise control, I just want to know what the speed limit is if I missed the last sign. They have cameras everywhere and will send you a ticket for like 5km over the limit!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I read the thread and am impressed. I have a XLT hybrid lux with the smaller screen. If I buy a FORScan cable, license FORScan, and follow your instructions, I can get the speed limit signs on my Maverick? That would be great.

I am in Germany so the round signs in km/hour would be what I am looking for. I don't need a chime that I am speeding or any interaction with cruise control, I just want to know what the speed limit is if I missed the last sign. They have cameras everywhere and will send you a ticket for like 5km over the limit!
Yes it should work. Canadians on this board have successfully done it and they use KMPH.

It should use the country and region settings already programmed in the IPMA module to determine if the signs should be displayed in KMPH or not.

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes it should work. Canadians on this board have successfully done it and they use KMPH.

It should use the country and region settings already programmed in the IPMA module to determine if the signs should be displayed in KMPH or not.
Well I downloaded the program and ordered a cable. Will take a couple of weeks to get the cable but I will try it and see how it goes. Thanks for posting this!

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I downloaded the program and ordered a cable. Will take a couple of weeks to get the cable but I will try it and see how it goes. Thanks for posting this!
You also have to request an extended license trial of Forscan to be able to make programming changes.

Support Request (forscan.org)

Sponsored

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I got my cable and a Forscan license. I connected it for the first time today. I have never used Forscan but I work on computers every day and have used Evinrude, Suzuki, and Yamaha diagnostic programs so I am at least familiar with the genre.

Looks like Forscan has updated to "easy mode" the settings on the Maverick. I downloaded Forscan 2.3.48 and it recognized the truck and I think all the modules.

I backed up then enabled the TSR reading in the IPC module.

The I backed up then enabled "Camera only" in the IPMA module. I wasn't sure the difference between SLOIF and SLIF in the IPMA module though?
Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) Capture.JPG

I haven't driven the truck to see if it works yet either.

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those that have the larger display and want square signs.

Try the following asbuilt codes.

720-03-02 -- xx4x xxxx xx
720-09-01 -- xxxx xxxx 8x

The first actually disables the TSR options in the IPC and the second enables SLIF, sounds contradictory, but it has worked on a few FX4's, lariats, and my XL with a IPC swap

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The first actually disables the TSR options in the IPC and the second enables SLIF, sounds contradictory, but it has worked on a few FX4's, lariats, and my XL with a IPC swap
Omg YES! THANK YOU!

I was literally playing with FORScan for 2 hours this morning trying to get it to work and could only ever get the euro signs. I was working with ASBUILTs from my 2020 Escape that I had it working on and a Bronco Sport that had it and I could not figure it out.

But just replacing that 4 on the 720-03-02 line made it work perfectly!

Thank you!
Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) 20221013_150604

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Omg YES! THANK YOU!

I was literally playing with FORScan for 2 hours this morning trying to get it to work and could only ever get the euro signs. I was working with ASBUILTs from my 2020 Escape that I had it working on and a Bronco Sport that had it and I could not figure it out.

But just replacing that 4 on the 720-03-02 line made it work perfectly!

Thank you!
What are all the individual settings you used to get all of TSR working?
I have been watching thread, and read it all. However, it still is not clear what the individual settings are to make this work on a Lariat. I understand there is that easy mode, but I prefer to know and use the individual settings.

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks Nick!

Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depends the drivetrain installed if it is even possible.
Just to be clear, AWD on a hybrid may look keen, yep I said keen, but is it really something you need? Without a second motor and the controls to run it, it would be like a man wearing a skirt. Possible but do you really want to be seen in public like that?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Can confirm this works. Also worth noting in the IPMA needs to be set to SLIF mode, SLOIF does not work for this. 706-01-01 xxxx-xxD3-xxxx in as-built terms, but you can set it through the plain text config as well.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can confirm this works. Also worth noting in the IPMA needs to be set to SLIF mode, SLOIF does not work for this. 706-01-01 xxxx-xxD3-xxxx in as-built terms, but you can set it through the plain text config as well.
That may be my issue. I made both changes and lost TSR completely.
Reverted first change back and have round signs again.

Edit: Got it working! Thanks everyone!!

It's interesting how the square sign goes away completely when not active, and the round ones still left a silhouette all the time.

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) PXL_20221015_102003992~2

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I got my cable and a Forscan license. I connected it for the first time today. I have never used Forscan but I work on computers every day and have used Evinrude, Suzuki, and Yamaha diagnostic programs so I am at least familiar with the genre.

Looks like Forscan has updated to "easy mode" the settings on the Maverick. I downloaded Forscan 2.3.48 and it recognized the truck and I think all the modules.

I backed up then enabled the TSR reading in the IPC module.

The I backed up then enabled "Camera only" in the IPMA module. I wasn't sure the difference between SLOIF and SLIF in the IPMA module though?
Capture.JPG

I haven't driven the truck to see if it works yet either.
SLIF = Speed limit only signs
SLOIF = Speed limit and overpass (passing) signs

The only address you need to change is the 706-01-01 address that correlates to the traffic sign recognition mode in easy mode. The other values can be left at default.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

At some point I will re edit the the main post to making it easier to follow and include this. These codes also work in combination with other settings. You can also enable TSR in other ways that will also enable or disable the sway control setting among other features.

The 720-03-02 value is the default as built value. I'll have to test the other setting on my truck and if it works for a 4 inch screen I'll streamline the instructions when I do edit the main post.
Sponsored

Last edited: