J.C.23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I appreciate your response brother!!! So to be clear, If I choose Method 2 I do not need to disable ABS and I will have all my drive mode accessible?
Correct. You do not need to disable abs in the menu. Your doing the same thing just manually with the codes. Any yes all seven drive modes will be selectable and work.
Sponsored

CanadaGoose

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT/FX4
Correct. You do not need to disable abs in the menu. Your doing the same thing just manually with the codes. Any yes all seven drive modes will be selectable and work.
Perfect. Days off start tomorrow, gonna give er a whirl.

CanadaGoose

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT/FX4
Hey man, just checking the Method 2 steps and it says this? Are you saying still that I don't need to disable?

Method 2 - This allows for all 4 modes to be usable at the same time

First you need to disable ABS as a selectable drive mode. This will bypass register 760-02-01. You can leave that setting to your vehicle's default setting.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey man, just checking the Method 2 steps and it says this? Are you saying still that I don't need to disable?

Method 2 - This allows for all 4 modes to be usable at the same time

First you need to disable ABS as a selectable drive mode. This will bypass register 760-02-01. You can leave that setting to your vehicle's default setting.
There are 2 ways to do this. First is with the ABS drive mode enabled. That does not disable packages. You can either have FX4 drive modes without eco and sport mode or eco and sport mode without FX4 drive modes.
The values at 760-02-01 determine which package you can use.

If you go the other route and disable ABS drive mode then it does disable the package distinction and allows access to all drive modes. It now ignores what value is written at 760-02-01.

You can make things visable aka selectable in the instrument cluster. Doing so doesn't automatically make them usable i.e. like flipping a light switch but the bulb doesn't go on since it isn't wired up. You have to wire it up first aka method 1 or 2 depending your preference then add the switches aka drive modes.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Note - I have not done this mod, and have no intention of doing so on my hybrid.

But I keep seeing people asking if this "disables the ABS" (antilock braking system). I believe the answer is "no."

Someone who has done this can confirm.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Note - I have not done this mod, and have no intention of doing so on my hybrid.

But I keep seeing people asking if this "disables the ABS" (antilock braking system). I believe the answer is "no."

Someone who has done this can confirm.
It does not disable ABS braking. If it did it would throw all sorts of check engine codes and turn on the ABS warning light in the cluster.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
!!!NON FX4 LARIAT INSTUCTIONS!!!!!!

Alright so I got the extra off road modes working on my non fX4 maverick.

- got this obd2 adapter: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07MQ8GHG3/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_14CF8KYJA9D325QCYEHC

- pluged in the USB on my laptop and installed the proper driver following the instructions (CH340)

- Downloaded this version of Forscan:
https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.47.test20220210.exe

- after install right click on desktop icon then properties then select "run as administrator" and "run in windows 7 compatibility mode" then click OK

Launch

installed the software then loaded the 2 month free license:
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=836

Went to my truck and DID NOT PRESS BRAKE and pushed the on button
connected the OBD2 adapter to the truck then plugged in the usb cord
**note** if you have the 400w plugin inverter, it will NOT power the laptop till the engine is running. Might want an extension cord if you have a bad laptop battery

- relaunch Forscan then click on the connect icon (bottom left) and follow instructions.

- After all the modules have loaded, follow these instructions:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=N3NQVExhUFpxeGNxUVRuNU4weGRTN1dkRnRPOEV3

- after you have entered in all the modes you need, press the start button to turn off the truck and open the door then close it and wait 30 seconds.

- start the truck and see if you have all the modes LIKE MUD/RUTS AND SAND

Ford Maverick ForScan mod - enable all drive modes: eco, sport, mud and snow (confirmed working) maverick off road modes

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an XLT AWD on order. No lux pac so it has the basic screen. It doesnt have FX4. So what your saying is I can enable all the drive modes the FX4 has on my regular AWD by using Forscan and my laptop?

srender517

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Passport
I added all modes to my FX4 and they work perfectly. My only problem is auto start/stop is not working after the changes. I made my changes using the easy mode method if that makes a difference. Anyone else have this problem?

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I added all modes to my FX4 and they work perfectly. My only problem is auto start/stop is not working after the changes. I made my changes using the easy mode method if that makes a difference. Anyone else have this problem?
I believe sport mode might disable the auto start/stop, are you primarily using sport mode?

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an XLT AWD on order. No lux pac so it has the basic screen. It doesnt have FX4. So what your saying is I can enable all the drive modes the FX4 has on my regular AWD by using Forscan and my laptop?
Yes

srender517

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Passport
I believe sport mode might disable the auto start/stop, are you primarily using sport mode?
I tested it while out last night using different modes and was never able to get auto start/stop to work. I thought it might be because of the brake hold being on but no combo would allow it to stop the engine.

I used ECO mode mainly and thought it would work but nothing.
Sponsored