First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I posted in another thread: you can't judge the reliability of a one-year-old car.

As for the other of the cars, I find the rest of the article telling. CR will "punish" automakers that don't include features that CR wants. So, who's to say hybrids aren't just getting bonus points simply because they are hybrid? Essentially: "in truth, it's garbage. But it's garbage we approve, so we will ignore it."

Sponsored

Deleted member 14823

What were the total numbers of returned surveys by model? I don't have a CR subscription so I can't look it up. It's kind of important to know that before you jump to conclusions.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like this one: "The advocacy organization Consumer Reports said that its latest Annual Auto Reliability data also shows that electric vehicles and full-size pickup trucks are the two most troublesome categories."

In related news, you still cannot buy an electric full-size pickup unless you put your name on the list ten seconds before the list is announced.

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://www.greencarreports.com/new...rove-durability-by-racking-up-most-taxi-miles

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2009/04/nyc-hybrid-taxis-prove-reliable/index.htm

By the time those first Escapes taxi into the sunset, they'll have put in enough extra shifts to take early retirement after just 3 ½ years, with as much as 350,000 miles on them and no major problems. Keep in mind, this is duty that can include 13,000 brake applications per shift, and as many as 750,000 total throttle applications and 225,000 rear door openings and closings during the life of a cab.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What were the total numbers of returned surveys by model? I don't have a CR subscription so I can't look it up. It's kind of important to know that before you jump to conclusions.
Who said anything about conclusions?
Ford Maverick Consumer Reports: Hybrid more dependable than gas 9ntjrju1vxv61

Sponsored

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn’t trust any of these type of reliability survey results any more than asking a random person on the street for their opinion.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I personally think hybrid owners are typically more proactive with car care and maintenance. I think it's just the personality type that tends to be drawn to hybrid and electric vehicles. I would have thought the Hybrid Maverick would be far more reliable than the ecoboost but to this point I think the hybrids have been far more problematic than ecoboost Mavericks due to the harness issues and low speed braking issues. Overall I think the Hybrid powertrain IS far more reliable than the ecoboost but I think the factory has some things to sort out when it comes to the Hybrid and their supply vendors.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That hybrids are more reliable should come as a surprise to no one. The Toyota Prius has been proving this for two decades.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That hybrids are more reliable should come as a surprise to no one. The Toyota Prius has been proving this for two decades.
Assumption...Toyota's have been reliable for years and they are not all Hybrids. When talking about other manufacturer's the same cannot be said for manufacturer's that have been building them for years like the Honda Insight. That vehicle has had to be re-invented several times since it never was a great car. I have a Jeep Liberty that we use down at the farm for work it's over 20 years old and the only work thats been done on it was power window motors replaced besides regular maintenance...and I wouldn't consider jeeps as the most reliable vehicles on the road.
Sponsored