First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford C-Max (2013-2018) have been very trouble-free save for a transmission bearing in the 2013s...and, unlike the Prius, they are flat-towable, like the Hybrid Maverick.
Sponsored

Joe Mac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 F250 Super Duty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That hybrids are more reliable should come as a surprise to no one. The Toyota Prius has been proving this for two decades.
True but for some reason they have the worst drivers

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True but for some reason they have the worst drivers
Prius drivers have nothing on lifted truck drivers or giant SUV drivers. Obviously not every that drives one is a bad driver, but the confidence of these drivers combined with the difficulty of driving a larger car can be a disaster.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's a hint for those who never took a class in statistics or worked as an engineer - Consumer Reports pretty much violates every rule ever written about the sound collection, processing and presentation of statistical data (starting with a self-selecting survey population).

I once (only once) watched a Consumer Reports video where CR staffers talk cars. Well I watched the first ten minutes because it was too painful to continue. It's Thanksgiving so I'll be nice. Let's just say they don't overly impress. They come across as a bunch of toaster disassemblers talking about something they don't understand, don't love, will never love, and will never understand. Good luck using them as your bible of automotive reliability.

I think they mean well at CR. I just don't think they get cars all that much (I'm not sure they understand toasters either). They just see washing machines with wheels.

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This will get your head spinning. Reminds me of posted reviews on just about ANY product - you name it, or also for any place of business. If you have 20 reviews, 18 could be positive, but the other 2 call it (or the business) garbage. If you have 20 reviews and 18 are negative, the other 2 will think it is the best thing ever made. The joys of the internet. People should get what they want, well in this case, what they can, enjoy it and let the professionals like CR write what they want. If you read enough postings and/or responses even on this forum, someone always has to be totally opposite of the others.

Reactions: bgn

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid vs. ICE, my experience:

I have purchased twelve new vehicles in my life, none of them turbocharged and none with any sort of electrified drivetrain except for the Maverick.

The Maverick has been the only one of those to strand me with <20,000 miles on the odometer.

Yes, the no-start/no-power issue.
Sponsored