pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question is how many of you are using your remote start you lose a lot of gas mileage if you use it often. Plus colder weather lowers gas mileage as well. My 2001 Ranger 4.0 4x4 gets around 20mpg and the wife's 2015 Taurus 3.0 gets around 22mpg. So I am hoping for around 25 when I get my Maverick.
I'm down between 10-20% on a given tank as a result of the cold here in MN plus winter gas blend - I suspect you'll see similar in WI. Real world that has been 22-24mpg the last 3-4 fill-ups, was 26+ Oct-Dec. I'm over 5K miles already (primarily due to a trip to Toronto).
Sponsored

Liveaboard

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
I’ve had my XL 2.0 AWD for a week now. I’ve driven about 300 miles. Averages around 16 mpg. The best I’ve gotten was just over 17 on a highway run. Right now the average is reading at just over 14. Worse mileage than the V6 F150 it replaced! Combine that with a 13 gallon tank and it sure isn’t suitable for any kind of road trip. I am so far very disappointed. The dealer I purchased it from says to put some more miles on it and maybe it will improve. I can’t imagine more miles will make any significant change. On Monday I’m taking it in (different dealer) to have them check it out. 14-17 is pretty abysmal for a truck this size.
I have the same rig and a heavy foot. 22 is my lowest average. My average over 800 miles is ,24.5 with lots of remote start warm up time. You have something wrong.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Update- drove 1980 miles back and forth to Florida. Starting miles on Maverick was about 1400 miles.
Trip down, averaged 26.5 mpg, driving all interstate at about 77 mph; second tank of BP Ultimate premium made no difference.
Trip back, with 1265 miles on the vehicle, averaged 29.1 mpg, averaging about 72-75 mph most of the way, all 87 octane gas. Tried different speeds, and dropping speed to the mid 60's (when speed limit was 70 mph did not seem to make much of a difference. I left the different speed settings on for a while to account for inclines and declines.
The Lie-O-Meter on the dash is consistently 0.5 to 1.2 mpg over the hand calculation.
Overall, happy now with the mileage, taking into account the break in and the NC/Ga/FL non-winter gas.
Celebrated too soon. Back in NJ with the winter grade gas- 87 octane. Filled up before a trip, and non-highway mileage was 17.3 mpg on the meter, hand calculation was 15.6 mpg.
Filled up for approx 310 round trip 99% highway from NJ to CT, with no traffic. Meter MPG averaged a crappy 22 mpg, which by hand is expected to be lower. Driving was not aggressive, had car set to economy mode, averaged about 70 mph.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Celebrated too soon. Back in NJ with the winter grade gas- 87 octane. Filled up before a trip, and non-highway mileage was 17.3 mpg on the meter, hand calculation was 15.6 mpg.
Filled up for approx 310 round trip 99% highway from NJ to CT, with no traffic. Meter MPG averaged a crappy 22 mpg, which by hand is expected to be lower. Driving was not aggressive, had car set to economy mode, averaged about 70 mph.
Wow see some pretty bad numbers and some good. I am replacing a 2011 f150 ecoboost that gets 16.5 mpg and I thought that was bad. I ordered a lariat with the tow package. I am hoping to get 25 mpg

I guess the tow package has a lower gear ratio than those without.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Wow see some pretty bad numbers and some good. I am replacing a 2011 f150 ecoboost that gets 16.5 mpg and I thought that was bad. I ordered a lariat with the tow package. I am hoping to get 25 mpg

I guess the tow package has a lower gear ratio than those without.
Mileage still sucks around town. Averaging 16-17 mpg with mostly "city"/around town driving. Shorter trips, but spent Saturday driving around for about an hour with a mix of light highway (40 mph) and in town driving, still did not break 17 mpg on the meter ( reset the meter for trip 2 to see the mileage on the longer "trip"). Getting less than 350 miles on a tank sucks. Hope the mpg improves with warmer weather. The 22 mpg around town seems like a fantasy.

Sponsored

pjlawton

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition Lariat
Anyone have some real world MPG numbers on the 2.0 AWD option?
I've been getting around 22-24 mpg with my 2.0 around town but on my road trip using the ECO setting I got a little better than 28 for most of the trip. I'm satisified with that.

DIYDad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
23.7 mpg. 70% highway, 30% city. 1200 miles so far. AWD eco with 4k tow. I drive like a granny.

Homerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
First couple of tanks have averaged around 29.5mpg with 91 octane and 90% highway driving.

Philemon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do it the REALLY Old Fashion Way.

I am still using a DOS program called CARS that dates back to the late 80's that tracks Car Expenses. It is currently running in virtual "XP Mode" on Windows 7.

These are: Purchase cost, Accessories cost, Insurance cost, Fees cost, Gas cost, Maintenance cost, Repairs cost, Wash cost

I use it to track every cost of owning and driving vehicles.

Whenever I have an expense it gets entered.

For gas I enter:

Odometer reading
Total cost
Cost per gallon

The MPG is figured by:

Miles traveled: OD reading on current fill-up - OD reading from last fill-up
Gallons used: Total cost / Cost per gallon
MPG: Miles traveled / Gallons used

I created a separate program to extract information from the Cars database to give me yearly reports and over lifetime costs.

Pictures here are reports on my 2015 Honda Fit EX for the 2020 year (where it idled for long periods while eating in the car) and the "All years report" over the last 7 years.

Honda Fit 2020.JPG

Honda Fit All 7 Years.JPG
This MPG report will print on a dot matrix printer with tractor paper. Cool tracker though, I can totally appreciate knowing every cent you spend.

sparky52

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
6 months and 2000 miles on 2.0 EB 2wd XLT.... 95% in town. Computer says 26.9 mpg overall. I drive like an old man though. I suppose I would since I'm 70 years old.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Thagh0st

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xlt maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get around 24.7 driving my normal way (very heavy foot) and I am 60% highway in my 2 and half months owning it I've put 2700 miles on it so far. I've gotten up to 29 - 31 on long highway trips as well. Put I'm in Texas and it's very hot and I also only use 93

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I beat the shit out of it and get 28.5, in eco mode over 3 weeks i averaged 31. I only run 93 octane.

DAM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a AWD XL eco boost and I’m getting 28.9 mpg the truck has 7000 miles. I’m really happy with the MPG it’s better than I thought it would be. I’ve kept the continental tires on and I feel that might be a factor with the mpg.

Lifeinthesouth

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
I just drove 2200miles on the Alcan from Seattle to Alaska and managed 30.2mpg (based on dash computer)
I traveled at anywhere from 60-75mph depending on traffic.
Sponsored