First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will participate on the MPG game as soon as I pass the 1000 mile mark. Let things wear in a little first. I am having too much fun trying to break the 6.0 second time on the 0-60 MPH. Not there yet. Texas is too flat.
Sponsored

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Posted this in the other thread. About 450 miles on the vehicle:

So far, the mpg has been terribly disappointing. First trip, 350 miles round trip, mostly interstate highway averaging around 70 mph was hand calculated at 23 mpg. This could have been impacted by this was the first tank of gas from the dealer, and they may have left it running, etc while prepping the car.

Driving around town, meter said 20 mpg, and while not a great way to calculate, filled up for a 900 mile trip starting today, and while only 3.4 gallons, the hand calculation was 18.5 MPG.

Hope the MPGs get MUCH better on the 900 mile trip.

If not in my profile, Lariat First Edition, AWD Ecoboost 2.0.

Zapper21

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion , 2004 Ford Ranger
I have Lariat 2.0 EB AWD 4k tow, 433 miles, Normal mode, my average is 27.3. The first 130 miles was Tollway, speed at 75-80, was set on Eco and mileage was 29.1

Reactions: JJC

Sponsored

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an XLT with fx4/4k now over 850 miles... I'm getting pretty woeful fuel economy with it ~22.2 mpg overall.

Essentially with the first tank of mixed driving we ended up with 21 mpg combined. That was driving very cautiously never over 75 miles per hour and trying to maximize the economy because it was so low. We weren't towing our hauling anything. Around Town City driving is showing 10 to 12 miles per gallon. The highest highway fuel economy we've seen indicated is 26 miles per gallon.

Filled up the tank with 89 octane to go on a road trip to the mountains. After the trip we ended up with the combined fuel economy of 25.1 indicated miles per gallon over about 300 miles. Pretty terrible for almost all highway driving. Some of the highways were 55 miles per hour so we would do around 65 and when the speed limit was 65 we would do between 75 and 80.

I swapped out the stock pirelli FX4 tires for Vredestein Pinzas after 40 miles. But i would expect an AT tire to effect the fuel economy to the tune of 1 mpg or so not the almost 5 or 6 it seems from others getting 29-31 mpg for all highway driving.

Is anyone else out there with all terrain tires and 4k tow getting better economy?

Ford Maverick 2.0 AWD Real World MPG??? PXL_20220102_013500641.MP

Ford Maverick 2.0 AWD Real World MPG??? PXL_20220102_013443020.MP

Last edited:

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very interesting. Your miles per gallon average is showing at 38.8 for this segment of 70 miles but it also identifies you as having 322 miles until empty. If you look at my mileage above it showed that I was getting an average of 25.1 miles per gallon but it indicated almost an identical tank range as yours~ just shy of 400 miles to the tank. Something is not right.

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Ok, looks to me like the guy with with 22 miles was parked 3 miles closer to the factory than the cactus yours was parked by.
Mine had 22 miles when I got it...I was parked by that other 22miler...lol

Sponsored

Jared

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very interesting. Your miles per gallon average is showing at 38.8 for this segment of 70 miles but it also identifies you as having 322 miles until empty. If you look at my mileage above it showed that I was getting an average of 25.1 miles per gallon but it indicated almost an identical tank range as yours~ just shy of 400 miles to the tank. Something is not right.
I reset my trip just before I was going to test my mileage. I have about 4K miles so I’m thinking that’s where things don’t look right. The mileage is absolutely correct though.

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I reset my trip just before I was going to test my mileage. I have about 4K miles so I’m thinking that’s where things don’t look right. The mileage is absolutely correct though.
I was referring to your tank range. It's showing that you've gone 70 miles and that you have 322 mi left before empty. In my screenshot you can see that I did 300 mi and I have 93 mi to empty. So both of our computers are showing almost the exact same tank range.... 392 mi versus 393 mi. However your truck is showing that you were getting 38.8 miles per gallon My truck was showing that I was getting 25.1 miles per gallon.

Something is odd.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I’ve had my XL 2.0 AWD for a week now. I’ve driven about 300 miles. Averages around 16 mpg. The best I’ve gotten was just over 17 on a highway run. Right now the average is reading at just over 14. Worse mileage than the V6 F150 it replaced! Combine that with a 13 gallon tank and it sure isn’t suitable for any kind of road trip. I am so far very disappointed. The dealer I purchased it from says to put some more miles on it and maybe it will improve. I can’t imagine more miles will make any significant change. On Monday I’m taking it in (different dealer) to have them check it out. 14-17 is pretty abysmal for a truck this size.
That’s interesting there’s people on this forum getting mid 20s while doing performance tests and people taking thousand mile highway trips getting over 30 miles to the gallon….

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
That can’t be right. Did you reset the trip meter before noticing this issue? Have you calculated how many gallons of fuel you’ve used in that time or just gone by what the truck tells you?
Might make sense if you’re driving on 30 inch tires and the mileage calculator is not calibrate it for that

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you know if there is a way to set the drive mode to Eco full time? Or did you need to change it every time you drive it? Thx
IMHO you can duplicate most of the benefit of Eco mode by using a lighter shoe on your gas pedal foot during acceleration.
Sponsored