My Real World MPG

bruceasl

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
I am at 1512 miles in the XL Eco with 4K Tow AWD and Base Steelies and tires. On my last tank of gas that was pure gas 90 octane I drove like Ms. Daisy. 100 % city, no hills, no towing, no luggage, no passengers, no hard acceleration and always in ECO Mode. I drove 311.3 miles, filled up with 13.341 gal giving me 23.334 mpg.
Sponsored

scwilson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 MAVERICK AND 90 ISUZU PUP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only had mine a few days and it's hovering 20.. but staying in sport mode šŸ¤£

Sirslayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the same package XL with 4tow and Iā€™m at 22.8. It will float between 23.2 down to 22.8 and Iā€™m thinking if I cruised down Mt Everest then I would break over 24 mpg?? Others clam to have gotten better but I believe it was just a fluke with a new vehicle

AdventureSetterland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I canā€™t believe it. Someone who actually hand calculated it šŸ¤£.

Hope it improves, if I ordered an AWD Eco and was getting that, I would be highly disappointed that I didnā€™t get a mid size body on frame truck instead.

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m at just under 3000 miles and the computer says 27 mpg. I am on my 7th tank of gas and tracking every fill up, first 4 on regular mode, the next 3 on eco. Iā€™ll do more using sport mode and post the actual calcs to see how accurate it is.

Sponsored

DoneThat

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Similar to the other post, I have just under 3000 miles and about 7 tank fill ups on an XLT 2.0 AWD with FX4. There is no ECO mode with that off-road package so this is just normal mode.

What I have learned is the console reading is fairly accurate (within 0.5 mpg) but only with individual tank fill ups. With subsequent fill ups it drifts compared with calculated numbers longer term so don't use it for a guide over many miles or expect it to be 2 mpg or more off (usually in favor of better numbersšŸ˜‘)

And that number for me is 25.8 mpg for 7 full tanks.

This number includes a mix of Hwy and City driving with the Auto Stop active. Of note is that the windshield defrost setting appears to automatically run AC without turning that specifically on and no AC light is active so one may not notice. Press the button for on and the engine always restarts (without verifying under the hood). So if you are leaving that defrost active during these colder months, MPG will drop.

Ford states 25 MPG for my build so we are right on target. Tow package is likely to drop that with higher diff ratio.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the same package XL with 4tow and Iā€™m at 22.8. It will float between 23.2 down to 22.8 and Iā€™m thinking if I cruised down Mt Everest then I would break over 24 mpg?? Others clam to have gotten better but I believe it was just a fluke with a new vehicle
It's not a fluke, check my fuelly link - 25.9 over 4,500+ miles - last 2 tanks are sub-23 because Minnesota is in the deep freeze and most of my drive are cold start/short trips around town.

Cold starts, short trips, hammering the gas can all result in worse MPG than the EPA estimates, which are just that - an estimate. The EPA's 'city' drive is a full 30 minute drive, averaging 22 miles per hour overall. This does not represent true stop and go traffic, nor does it represent short trips to/from various local destinations (for example, running errands that are 3-5 miles away/apart).

Here is a link to the EPA's rating system:

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/fe_test_schedules.shtml

drmoreau

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Subaru Crosstrek, BMW Moto
I canā€™t believe it. Someone who actually hand calculated it šŸ¤£.

Hope it improves, if I ordered an AWD Eco and was getting that, I would be highly disappointed that I didnā€™t get a mid size body on frame truck instead.
My 2016 GMC Canyon 4x4 2.8 L diesel got 29 mpg on the highway at 75 mph. I used it to tow a 4000 lb Airstream on an 8,000 mile trip and averaged 15 mpg at 65 mph. Unfortunately, at about 50K miles first the torque converter and then then the transmission died. After several months of no replacement parts, I traded for a 2021 6 cyl Dodge Ram 1500 Classic gasser. Several long trips at posted highway speed are showing 20-22 mpg. It tows the airstream poorly - no bottom end torque. But it is what I could get with the current chip shortage for new vehicles.

I am not impressed with the Ram body-on-frame gassers, at least with mileage.

Starfysh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am at 1512 miles in the XL Eco with 4K Tow AWD and Base Steelies and tires. On my last tank of gas that was pure gas 90 octane I drove like Ms. Daisy. 100 % city, no hills, no towing, no luggage, no passengers, no hard acceleration and always in ECO Mode. I drove 311.3 miles, filled up with 13.341 gal giving me 23.334 mpg.
Thank you for being honest ā˜ŗ I have 10k and have gone from 29.3 to 20.4 . Just had 10k service at Ford. Didn't help.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mpg is so nuanced that you are going to drive yourself crazy trying to be consistent. Route, traffic, speed, acceleration, tempature, WIND, road type etc. The list goes on.

My daily commute sits between 23-25mpg and that's with 245s. I've seen in the warmer summer months going 70mph sit right at 30mpg. Then last week driving home in a snow/flurrying storm it was like 22mpg.

In my 13' f150 I never averaged over 19 all highway. And never over 14 mixed. Thing towed pretty shitty too.

Sponsored

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only three weeks in and almost all hwy but sitting at 28 mpg, I have FX4 but not 4k, the gearing may be the difference.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am at 700 miles in an ECO, FX4, 4k, with mostly hwy driving, but for sure some in town too. And I tend to spend about 20-30 minutes a day idling while I finish my lunch listening to podcasts and I am at 26.

wb5oxq

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat in Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

50 miles down I 35 on eco mode with a/c on 65mph. I have not checked by fillup but if this is anywhere near correct it is wonderful. The fuel gauge never moved off the full mark. The return trip gave 38.0 mpg also. I find 70mph is nearly as good and I don't like driving any faster.

Ford Maverick My Real World MPG IMG_0876 (1)
Sponsored

Last edited: