First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It seems like it's pretty consistent but inaccurate depending what display we get. My odo is pretty accurate compare using an online map, it was off by 0.1 or 0.2 for my trip to work just over 20 miles, my manual calculation is always 3+ below the display. I'll try the highway method, most of my cars are pretty accurate on that way, haven't tried the maverick yet.
I’ve checked several of my Fords over the years. They were all off anywhere from 1-3%. Which meant that when odometer showed 100 miles I’d actually traveled up to 103 miles.
Sponsored

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve checked several of my Fords over the years. They were all off anywhere from 1-3%. Which meant that when odometer showed 100 miles I’d actually traveled up to 103 miles.
Were they off road tire sizes that was bigger than the non-off road version that would of come with the vehicle?

Bilbo_B

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine has been getting to above 30 MPG on the read out and it's been going up since I stopped trying to drive in Eco mode. I just don't see the Eco as being very Eco as far as gas use.
I've been watching my MPG for years with my Escapes and my 2017 2.0L is very close to the Mav. in the drive train but for the 6 gears on the Escape and 8 on the Mav. Also there is the issue with some having different final drive ratios. I do have the 4K pkg. with the lower end gears.
However, I'm actually expecting that the MPGs will be on average better than the Escape by about 3 MPGs. I do a lot of 50mph driving on relatively flat roads with small hills. So, I can gently accelerate going down the incline and let it slow a bit going back up. I also expect to get about 1-2 MPGs better with summer gas. I was getting about 31.5 summer and 19.2 winter gas in the Escape with the same engine.
I don't know if the MPG readouts are accurate and if they are the same system as the two vehicles that I have in comparison but when driving my Escape back to Ohio from New Brunswick last summer I discovered that the Average MPG readout stopped changing after about 2,000 miles of travel.

I also need to get out my GPS devices and compare highway speeds to see if the car is doing what the speedometer says. My Escape had an interesting issue in that f you put the car on cruise at 60 and the GPS devices said 60, the speedometer dial was showing 62MPH.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Were they off road tire sizes that was bigger than the non-off road version that would of come with the vehicle?
Nope stock tires. I’ve not run anything other than stock size tires since my 1973 Torino when I ran some 60s on back
Sponsored