Sponsored

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Ford plans to build 65% of Mavericks as EB and only has 28% of orders that are EB. My own math, based on Ford keeping the 7,500 per month production numbers, puts the last EB order being built in June.

HOWEVER, if your dealer has no more allocations for the year, then it doesn't matter what you do to it. It won't get built.
Well with allocations therein lies the rub I guess, lol. My dealer has been pretty mum on their allocations but to be fair my salesperson might not know. I was told that they did have around 90 2022 rollovers though. The dealer I ordered from is a huge Ford dealer (one of the largest in the country) and owns some other Ford dealers in the region as well.

We do have an XLT Hybrid on order too through the same dealer (no hitch, lol) but not sure what the odds are on that being built. As it currently stand both of the priority#'s on our builds for the EB and Hybrid are at 15. I guess that's where our dealer's allocations come in which is the great mystery.
Sponsored

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well with allocations therein lies the rub I guess, lol. My dealer has been pretty mum on their allocations but to be fair my salesperson might not know. I was told that they did have around 90 2022 rollovers though. The dealer I ordered from is a huge Ford dealer (one of the largest in the country) and owns some other Ford dealers in the region as well.

We do have an XLT Hybrid on order too through the same dealer (no hitch, lol) but not sure what the odds are on that being built. As it currently stand both of the priority#'s on our builds for the EB and Hybrid are at 15. I guess that's where our dealer's allocations come in which is the great mystery.
Yep, that will be a concern. Money is a good number of the rollovers are hybrid and so might not be a huge concern, but you never know. That said, I just can't see Ford sitting on a handful of open EB orders they could build and just refusing to do so because specific dealerships are out of allocations. It would be low-hanging fruit from a PR perspective.

But who knows?

GS535

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 2 Maverick XLTs on order one hybrid and one ecoboost, both front wheel drive. Both are new orders that were put in on 9/15. They are base XLTs with no add ons not even a hitch. They are both priority 19. So my question is it worth changing the hybrid to an ecoboost order? Should I ride it out and change it later? Most of the information I have seen is that if your order got in on the first day you should have a shot, but based on other factors (allocation, priority,etc.) who knows. I would not mind another ecoboost as one is for my wife and one is for my son, just thought I would mix it up. Thoughts?

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let's have some fun with math :)
Ignoring for now any specific accessory related constraints, and just sticking to the hybrid engine, you can use the percentages of orders and capacity to assume estimated times when all builds will be complete. See pic below. I know this is an oversimplification, but if you draw a reasonable conclusion from the result, how can they NOT open order banks again for the EB in 6-8 months time? And for the hybrid orders, other than capacity changes, how do they ever get out of that mess.. Apologies if already presented, and also ignoring probably some obvious concerns with my conclusion. I'd just like to order one at some point soon :)
maverickestbuildtime.png
From what I have seen posted here, they will not be rolling the 23ā€™s over to 24ā€™sā€¦ you will just have to place another order and start the waiting game all over AGAINā€¦ which in my opinion will loose customers that have waited what could be well over 2 yrs while others get theirs is just a few monthsā€¦,

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since my 22 was a messed up order the the dealer did not fill properly, and now had to start the game over again, if my 23 does not get built, I guess I will order one from several dealers in different states and regions just to up my oddsā€¦ why not, others are doing it which is lessening my odds of getting my single orderā€¦ no more Mr. Nice Guy.., LOL

Sponsored

Skandren

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well Guys good luck getting your Mavericks. Me... I just can't play Fords games anymore. Nor could I wait any longer. My current vehicle was restraining me from going any distances. Maybe someday I will have a Maverick but for now. I bought a brand new Jeep.

Ranger Danger

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro-Wrangler-GMC Sierra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was never even contacted by my dealer to inform me about the option to switch to EB. Would be interested to know how many people on this board with hybrid orders were contacted by their dealers about this...i assume not many.
My Dealer In Maryland never mentions anything to me and I ordered my Hybrid XLT Lux on 9/17/22. Only thing they said is they only have 1 Hybrid Scheduled at this time for the Store

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
I agree it's totally worth it. I guess what I'm asking is I wonder how likely my EB is likely to get built with the stand alone hitch option? I would hate for my truck to not get built due to a $100 hitch that I'll probably never use....
A downside to having an unneeded trailer hitch is that if you are ever rear ended then the trailer hitch will transfer more into the unibody "frame" and make it more likely to total your Maverick.

People have posted photos of their Mavericks that were totaled after they were rear-ended and they did not look too bad until you saw the photo of the underside of the truck.

If you do not have a hitch then the bumper can do its job better and it absorb more of the energy and it can be more easily be replaced.

StephMavXLT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just switched from Hybrid XLT with a stand lone trailer hitch to the LUX package. So my only constrained item is it being hybrid. Fingers crossed. My dealer says I'm at the front of the list for new 23 orders at dealership. Well see how long a hybrid with no constraints takes.

Sponsored

Hac411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure. They seem to match the original capacities.

1663685631333.png
What Trim do you recommend I should change to to increase my chances of getting a truck? I ordered a base XL Hybrid with a stand-alone hitch. Should I keep the XL and ditch the hitch? Or should I change from Xl Hybrid to XLT Hybrid?

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What Trim do you recommend I should change to to increase my chances of getting a truck? I ordered a base XL Hybrid with a stand-alone hitch. Should I keep the XL and ditch the hitch? Or should I change from Xl Hybrid to XLT Hybrid?
It will come down to your dealership's allocations. If your dealership has more orders than allocations, then it may not matter.

However, assuming 35% of the trucks are hybrids and 15% of the trucks are XL, then for every 100 trucks scheduled, only 5 will be a hybrid XL. And that doesn't include any hitch constraints. An XLT Hybrid will account for 20 out of 100 trucks.

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked my salesman this morning to add the SIL with cargo management system (free.) He strongly advised against it using last yearā€™s constraints as an example. When I showed him the Jan 2023 constraint list, he said he wasnā€™t aware of it. I also changed my color from Cactus Grey to Atlas Blue to go along with the BAP I ordered.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Via our reliable source, Tommy.

FB_IMG_1672804464256.jpg
I got rid of my 2022 constraints & got SIBL, undercoating & rustproofing done near me. I ordered a Tuxedo Sentry hard roll-up tonneau cover & Weather tech Mud flaps online, came real quick, & put them on myself. They are both terrific!!!

2023maverickhopeful

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well Guys good luck getting your Mavericks. Me... I just can't play Fords games anymore. Nor could I wait any longer. My current vehicle was restraining me from going any distances. Maybe someday I will have a Maverick but for now. I bought a brand new Jeep.
Sorry to hear.
Sponsored