First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So everything they are marketing as new is constrained? I guess they have parts coming to prep for 2023?
Doesnā€™t make sense, buddy of mine ordered a bmw x5 in august and already has vin number and delivery date of November, that vehicle has way more chips and tech than my Maverick! And itā€™s built here in the states! Wtf. Ford dropped the ball somewhere!!!
Sponsored

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesnā€™t make sense, buddy of mine ordered a bmw x5 in august and already has vin number and delivery date of November, that vehicle has way more chips and tech than my Maverick! And itā€™s built here in the states! Wtf. Ford dropped the ball somewhere!!!
Pre-COVID I ordered two BMWs that were built in Germany. It was a much better experience than what Ford has provided with the Maverick. BMW and Ford is an apples to oranges comparison. But yeah, Ford should be doing this better.

As someone with a foot in the BMW camp I watched how BMW was dealing with the chip issues. For quite a while they removed options from vehicles. For example, you couldn't order anything but the most expensive vehicles with upgraded audio systems.

It now seems like most options are restored and you can order just about anything you want. But a good BMW dealer won't take your order until they have an allocation. Since I'm not in the market for a BMW I haven't paid attention to how tight the allocations are right now. They might have shifted over to using tight allocations to conserve chips.

Typically the BMW dealer has pretty good forward visibility into allocations. So you would go to the dealer and they could tell you "Yes, we have an allocation open in two months, we can use that for your order." If no one came in an ordered against the allocation it would be built for the dealer as a stock unit. It seems like Ford dealer don't have that level of visibility beyond the current month. I think that amount of forward visibility comes from the days when all the BMW products were being shipped from Germany where one of the constraints was how many spots BMW had on ships crossing the Atlantic.

In any case the X5 is a critical vehicle for BMW. They sold over 60,000, about 18% of total BMW USA sales, in 2021 and they start at $64,000. They are going to make sure they can build them. And they have more margin to pay extra to get chips if necessary.

Maverick is probably 5-6% of Ford's total sales and even lower percentage of their total revenue. Just like BMW isn't going to prioritize lower cost vehicles over the X5 Ford is going to put the chips into F-150s before Mavericks.

That and Ford sells about 5 times the number of vehicles in the US as does BMW.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just put in an order for a Lariat with 4K tow...hopefully that doesn't hurt me too much. I didn't pick any other constrained items.

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So that means if they only make 100k Mavericks, only 15k will be XL trims?

That seems VERY low
It's a low-profit vehicle and Ford needs to make enough to be able to say "Starting at $19,999" or whatever... They REALLY want to sell you the more profitable upgrades.

FloridaWayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, ranger, Toyota Highlander hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just put in an order for a Lariat with 4K tow...hopefully that doesn't hurt me too much. I didn't pick any other constrained items.
My dealer told me on Friday that I cannot order a Lariat with EB. Therefore I cannot get a AWD Lariat meaning also no Tremor. Has anyone had similar issue? I placed an order for an XLT trusting the dealer. But would like to change it to a Lariat if there is a way.

Wait time is not a major issue for me. I do not want the Tremor, but the logic seems crazy to me. Why would they limit the higher end trim from AWD?

Any suggestions? I would really like to alter my order.

Sponsored

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer told me on Friday that I cannot order a Lariat with EB. Therefore I cannot get a AWD Lariat meaning also no Tremor. Has anyone had similar issue? I placed an order for an XLT trusting the dealer. But would like to change it to a Lariat if there is a way.

Wait time is not a major issue for me. I do not want the Tremor, but the logic seems crazy to me. Why would they limit the higher end trim from AWD?

I think your dealer had it wrong. The Lariat restriction in the Order Guide was if you wanted FWD, it had to be Hybrid. That means any EB Lariat has to be AWD. My order is in and approved. My only concern is that the 4K tow may end up constraining me too much. I may go back and delete that option.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer told me on Friday that I cannot order a Lariat with EB. Therefore I cannot get a AWD Lariat meaning also no Tremor.
What? That's exactly what I ordered (minus the Tremor). An EB Lariat with 4K, thus AWD.

FloridaWayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think your dealer had it wrong. The Lariat restriction in the Order Guide was if you wanted FWD, it had to be Hybrid. That means any EB Lariat has to be AWD. My order is in and approved. My only concern is that the 4K tow may end up constraining me too much. I may go back and delete that option.
I ended up going to another dealer and placing an order there also. I ordered the Lariat with 4k tow, Fx4, and Lux package. I may deleted the Lux package as the manager said he would be very surprised if i get it as a 2023 model. He told me that if it goes into the 2024 model that Ford said the price will change for me. I'm thinking about getting rid of the FX4 also as I really don't think I need it but I'm still thinking on that. I really need the 4k tow for the transmission cooler and extra capacity Radiator and fan.

I would not tow very much without those but if it's a short distance or light you could skip and get it earlier.

Now I need to decide if I cancel the xlt I had ordered. I may get it much sooner and then sell it when the Lariat comes in?

P. S. I did tell the first dealer that I can order it from other dealers. I'm guessing they are only selling what they think will come in before 2024 or they already sold a bunch of Lariat's and knew It would take to long to get but wanted to make the sale for 2023.

They did not seem to care and were fine with canceling the order knowing I was ordering somewhere else.

xioth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Once the order banks close (they just closed) you will not be able to change body codes at all- this includes changing from XLT to Lariat, etc. It's amazing how uneducated some dealers are. I'm sorry, man.

4sambos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Avalanche, Prius, Camry Hybrid,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just placed my order for an XL hybrid with spray in liner. I am never getting this vehicle šŸ¤£

Although I did order it from the dealer that I ordered my Bronco from, and somehow I got the tow package on my Bronco, so maybe they have the lucky touch!
Delete the Berliner and get it after you get truck yourself
all that does is slow down your build IMO

Sponsored

FloridaWayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Once the order banks close (they just closed) you will not be able to change body codes at all- this includes changing from XLT to Lariat, etc. It's amazing how uneducated some dealers are. I'm sorry, man.

Thanks for the information. Do you know if I can change a package even though the order banks are closed?

They have told me all along I could not order it in a Lariat before I even placed the order. I ended up placing a second order with another dealer. Now I have XLT and Lariat on order. Strongly considering keeping both orders so I can get one sooner I hope.

xioth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the information. Do you know if I can change a package even though the order banks are closed?

They have told me all along I could not order it in a Lariat before I even placed the order. I ended up placing a second order with another dealer. Now I have XLT and Lariat on order. Strongly considering keeping both orders so I can get one sooner I hope.
Most packages, yes. The Tremor is labeled as a "packaged" but is actually a body code, so you can't decided to "add on" a Tremor package. However, you can add on/delete just about anything other than changing the model (XL, XLT, Lariat), adding/removing Tremor. You can absolutely add/remove things such as the black appearance package, sunroof, hitches, 4k towing, CP360, etc up until your order gets scheduled.

Hope this helps. I am not a FORD dealer employee so take all this info with a grain of salt, but this is just from the numerous YT videos and forums I have seen.

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Literally best to just order an XLT with the ecoboost and enjoy your cheap truck (y)

I have the spray in factory bed liner, and it isnā€™t anything that an aftermarket couldnā€™t do better or cheaper - I would skip it.
That was what I did with my order last Saturday, XLT 2.0 AWD FX4 with no other added options, packages or accessories. It should theoretically be one of these less constrained specs that could be delivered sooner.

As for the spray-in bedliner, a dealer told me to get done aftermarket like Line-X where they have a lifetime warranty opposed to the factory SIBL thatā€™s covered only under the 3-year, 36k mile or whatever new vehicle factory warranty.
Sponsored