2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just got this on my Hybrid XL order with just Trailer Hitch and 400w inverter. Not sure there is anything I can do since it's already scheduled correct?
Do you have a VIN yet? If not, you should still be able to make changes to accessories.
Sponsored

Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01' Excursion 7.3, 82' CJ-8, 01' ACTY, 23' MAV HYB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, I have a VIN and Window Sticker
Then there is nothing you need to do. This really only impacts unscheduled orders.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Going on face value of the current constraint list, I'm still in very good shape to be built. Quietly optimistic I could have it by end of summer.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Going on face value of the current constraint list, I'm still in very good shape to be built. Quietly optimistic I could have it by end of summer.
Allocations notwithstanding, I agree.

Sponsored

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

brucerob62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gmc terrain
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
dont matter i have an eb xlt with lux and copilot no constraints still no schedule date..guess just be patient and maybe someday get scheduled

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I might have a better chance of winning the lottery than having my XLT Hybrid with CP360 and a hitch built huh?

Goose201

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We know Ford hasn't scheduled anything since they last put this info out. So, the fact the hybrid-to-EB ratio didn't change likely means not enough people made the jump to even register as a rounding error.
I was never even contacted by my dealer to inform me about the option to switch to EB. Would be interested to know how many people on this board with hybrid orders were contacted by their dealers about this...i assume not many.

Sponsored
OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was never even contacted by my dealer to inform me about the option to switch to EB. Would be interested to know how many people on this board with hybrid orders were contacted by their dealers about this...i assume not many.
There could be a few reasons why you weren't contacted:
  1. They know where you sit on their list based on their allocations and know you are likely to get scheduled soon. ie: you could be one of their next hybrid orders and they have plenty of allocations left. So, no reason to change it.
  2. They didn't see or they didn't understand the memo to know they should contact you to offer the change.
  3. Dealerships likely aren't just used to running a retail-only business. You have to basically drive it as the retail-heavy paradigm is still a new thing to them and they don't really know how to handle it. When my dad ordered his Taurus 15 years ago, he basically had to work the system for the guy as the dealership simply didn't do retail orders all that much.
  4. They don't care. If they have 20 allocations and 40 orders, they will still get their 20 trucks to sell. So, why would they care?
Unfortunately, unless you contact your dealership, you won't know which of these it is.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

WIth the relatively low uptake of EB with no evidence of allot of conversions, it really seems like the Order Banks should open up so that those who want EB can place orders. Apparently the great majority of Hybrid buyers do not want to switch... leaving that production capacity open.

I'm ready to order an EB as soon as Ford will take the order.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WIth the relatively low uptake of EB with no evidence of allot of conversions, it really seems like the Order Banks should open up so that those who want EB can place orders. Apparently the great majority of Hybrid buyers do not want to switch... leaving that production capacity open.

I'm ready to order an EB as soon as Ford will take the order.
I don't think they will open up order banks. I originally thought they would once the EBs run out, but now I'm convinced the only people able to order an EB who otherwise doesn't have an EB order will be people who have an existing hybrid order who wants to swap. I think the 84,000 orders Ford initially took peaks their capacity for the year.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not much change… Hybrids and standalone hitches are the problem. (No mention of XL)

At least the potential SIBL crisis didn’t materialize.
Wonder why they do not include the XL constraint.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think they will open up order banks. I originally thought they would once the EBs run out, but now I'm convinced the only people able to order an EB who otherwise doesn't have an EB order will be people who have an existing hybrid order who wants to swap. I think the 84,000 orders Ford initially took peaks their capacity for the year.
The 84k orders that they took includes a bunch of hybrids they can't build and capacity for EBs nobody has ordered.

However I agree they won't take anymore orders - they shouldn't take anymore orders and they should simply take whatever is left that they can build, build it - and get it out to dealers.
Sponsored