First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where did this information come from? It seems odd to me that Ford would make this public.
Sponsored

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where did this information come from? It seems odd to me that Ford would make this public.
Not odd at all. They want people to order cars they can produce. If 100% of people go in and order an XL Hybrid with a drop-in liner and Tonneau cover, they get a lot of angry customers and wasted orders. Instead, a sales guy can advise to get the XL gas if that works or a Hybrid, but at least skip the liner and tonneau for an after market. The dealership can coordinate it and include it in financing, plus you get a shot at a 2023 instead of being impossible to build.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was my impression too. If true that suggests that there is a hard constraint on the hybrid drivetrain. Whether it is batteries, chips or something else.

I was just looking to see what other Ford products use the 2.5L hybrid and found it is a development of the Mazda L series engine. The same engine family underpins the 2.0L Ecoboost. Mazda stopped development on the engine in 2011 in favor the current SkyActive range and Ford is now the only company still using the engine design though they have made a lot of changes since Mazda stepped away from it.

Right now looks like it is only used in the Maverick and Escape hybrids. It would be interesting to see how many Escapes Ford intends to make as hybrids.
My wife has a ‘22 Escape hybrid. She loves it!!

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why ad the spray in liner as it will slow delivery. Get one sprayed in after market, might be another $200 but then you get your truck. I would NOT ad anything i could easily get after market like a spray in liner. or any kind of bed cover or anything like that. i just ordered a hybrid XLT with 3 options Hitch, full size spare and manual sliding rear window,. I will later ad a tri fold hard cover but wont order the one sold by ford.
SIBL at Line-X starts around $550 and goes up from there for a Maverick.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bro just sell me ACC for $3000 and let me get it in an XL. I don't need f*** heated seats and windshield de icers in California.
Com on man. How is Ford gonna get deeper in your wallet without offering the features you want packaged with features you don't need or want.
Remember Ford is not out there to make friends they are there to make $$$$

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought in 2022 they had orders for a lot more hybrids than expected as well as more XL's. So is Ford making the same mistake again or is my impression on numbers of hybrids and XL's wrong?
I expect the hybrid was a ploy to entice buyers to the maverick compact truck segment by way of amazing fuel economy and low cost. In reality, ford makes lil profit and thus makes hybrids hard to obtain.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Com on man. How is Ford gonna get deeper in your wallet without offering the features you want packaged with features you don't need or want.
Remember Ford is not out there to make friends they are there to make $$$$
Are they though? The make very little lariat lux.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I expect the hybrid was a ploy to entice buyers to the maverick compact truck segment by way of amazing fuel economy and low cost.
The hybrid was necessary to meet CAFE standards for a line of small trucks. CAFE standards are the reason small trucks disappeared from manufacturers several years ago.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not odd at all. They want people to order cars they can produce. If 100% of people go in and order an XL Hybrid with a drop-in liner and Tonneau cover, they get a lot of angry customers and wasted orders. Instead, a sales guy can advise to get the XL gas if that works or a Hybrid, but at least skip the liner and tonneau for an after market. The dealership can coordinate it and include it in financing, plus you get a shot at a 2023 instead of being impossible to build.
Yep. I actually really appreciate the way a local dealer did it in their email they blasted out to anyone who expressed interest in placing an order.

They were even nice enough to name a couple aftermarket shops in the area who could handle the purchase and install of a lot of the constrained items.

Here is how they phrased it.

" Important: Accessories at this time are a major restricted commodity, so we recommend avoiding adding accessories to order and purchasing later through parts or aftermarket. Bedliners, Tonneau Covers, Bed Extender, Bed Tray, Load Box Edge Protection, Splash Guards, Protective Film, Clear Tie Down Kit. Can be purchased through Ford Parts or Aftermarket with Auto Trim design Tukwila or Line-X Auburn. "

Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 Maverick constraints list as of September 16, 2022:
  • Co-Pilot360 Package (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • XLT Luxury Package (optional on XLT trim)
  • Lariat Luxury Package (optional on Lariat trim; requires Co-Pilot360 package)
  • Tremor Off-Road Package (optional on XLT and Lariat trims)
  • Tremor Off-Road Package Plus Appearance Package (requires Tremor Off-Road Package)
  • Black Appearance Package (optional on XLT and Lariat trims)
  • Spray-In Bedliner (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • Cargo Management System (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • Hard Trifold Tonneau Cover (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • Splash Guards, Molded, Front and Rear (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)

1663359418844.png
They way I read this assuming constraints and supply issues remain constant is say 100k MY23 and only 35k will be hybrids and less than 10k will Lariats. Guessing it will be 8k or less for a Lariat Lux with both C0-Pilot packages. Does the seem right???

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They way I read this assuming constraints and supply issues remain constant is say 100k MY23 and only 35k will be hybrids and less than 10k will Lariats. Guessing it will be 8k or less for a Lariat Lux with both C0-Pilot packages. Does the seem right???
Trying to dive into it too deep is difficult because they won't distribute things evenly - it'll vary some with demand. Hybrid could be unpopular among Lariat orders for whatever reasons, so they could only make 20/80 hybrid/gas split on Lariat and have more room to make hybrid XLTs. That being said, if it were evenly distributed it would be something like https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...es-for-2023-maverick.20132/page-8#post-379691

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Trying to dive into it too deep is difficult because they won't distribute things evenly - it'll vary some with demand. Hybrid could be unpopular among Lariat orders for whatever reasons, so they could only make 20/80 hybrid/gas split on Lariat and have more room to make hybrid XLTs. That being said, if it were evenly distributed it would be something like https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/what’s-new-changes-for-2023-maverick.20132/page-8#post-379691
Thanks for the link. Ya knew it would all be pretzel logic and we'd really would not know. That was a deep dive. It's pretty clear though if you want Mav in 23, best to order a XLT. But if you want what you want and can wait, perhaps 1.5 years - go for it.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

SIBL at Line-X starts around $550 and goes up from there for a Maverick.
I originally planned exactly that, had several dealers quote me around $525, said they'd take it and get it done before I even took delivery. In the end, I cancelled that plan in order to afford the HPR color I want. Once my points show up, after delivery, they'll pay half the cost of the Ford dropin, I'll install myself. So, about $200.
Sponsored