Hdscreens

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CT5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These constraint percentages are tricking my brain. Is a higher number better or is a lower number better??
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These constraint percentages are tricking my brain. Is a higher number better or is a lower number better??
Higher is better.

Think of the numbers as if they are saying for every 100 Mavericks, that percentage number can have the item or package. Or for every 100 slots in the production schedule for a week, they will pick that percentage number asking for each of those items. This is why if you stack constraints, it can get really hard to be scheduled. Stack a 20% on top of a 30% on top of a 10% and it means you have to jump each of those hurdles.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just placed my order for an XL hybrid with spray in liner. I am never getting this vehicle 🤣

Although I did order it from the dealer that I ordered my Bronco from, and somehow I got the tow package on my Bronco, so maybe they have the lucky touch!
I know exact how you feel! Good luck (to us both)!

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

2023 Maverick constraints list as of September 16, 2022:
  • Co-Pilot360 Package (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • XLT Luxury Package (optional on XLT trim)
  • Lariat Luxury Package (optional on Lariat trim; requires Co-Pilot360 package)
  • Tremor Off-Road Package (optional on XLT and Lariat trims)
  • Tremor Off-Road Package Plus Appearance Package (requires Tremor Off-Road Package)
  • Black Appearance Package (optional on XLT and Lariat trims)
  • Spray-In Bedliner (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • Cargo Management System (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • Hard Trifold Tonneau Cover (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • Splash Guards, Molded, Front and Rear (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)

1663359418844.png
So that means if they only make 100k Mavericks, only 15k will be XL trims?

That seems VERY low

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just placed my order for an XL hybrid with spray in liner. I am never getting this vehicle 🤣

Although I did order it from the dealer that I ordered my Bronco from, and somehow I got the tow package on my Bronco, so maybe they have the lucky touch!
Why ad the spray in liner as it will slow delivery. Get one sprayed in after market, might be another $200 but then you get your truck. I would NOT ad anything i could easily get after market like a spray in liner. or any kind of bed cover or anything like that. i just ordered a hybrid XLT with 3 options Hitch, full size spare and manual sliding rear window,. I will later ad a tri fold hard cover but wont order the one sold by ford.

Sponsored

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Has anyone submitted a confirmed order on a Tremor? I have tried 4 times now and the system won't allow it. The GM at my dealership said there's a problem with that body code and he doesn't know why, or what the fux is other than waiting. I'm afraid if I wait ( small town dealership) the 8% projected production run on Tremor will run it's course and I'll have to wait another year or settle for something I don't necessarily want
I saw the same issue on Reddit

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm greedy, I have a 2022 Maverick XL Hybrid with factory SIBL, Hitch and Co-Pilot360. I've had it since March. Today I ordered a 2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, no SIBL but Hitch and Co-Pilot360 again. I added cruise switches to the 2022, the 2023 cost more but cruise comes standard now. I changed the manual Tail Gate Lock to a Power Lock (easy to do) and will do on the 2023 XL. I'll sell one of them after I get the 2023, just not sure which I'll sell.

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm greedy, I have a 2022 Maverick XL Hybrid with factory SIBL, Hitch and Co-Pilot360. I've had it since March. Today I ordered a 2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, no SIBL but Hitch and Co-Pilot360 again. I added cruise switches to the 2022, the 2023 cost more but cruise comes standard now. I changed the manual Tail Gate Lock to a Power Lock (easy to do) and will do on the 2023 XL. I'll sell one of them after I get the 2023, just not sure which I'll sell.
Add the power tailgate lock is something I plan on doing with my XL

Honestly after that I have everything I could ever need

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Constraints or not, I ordered a hybrid Lariat with CP, lux, and the black appearance package. I didn't buy any other options that can be done at the dealer or after market add ons. I'll get the SIBL at either the Ford dealer or Line-X. I'll buy other accessories as I see fit. I was the first order placed at the dealer, but I know that means very little. I'm just glad I got my order in before the order bank closes next week. Also, I'm in no hurry, as I currently have a hybrid XLT with the lux pkg that I picked up in March that a customer canceled. Fantastic truck, but I need CP due to cervical spine issues. I also like the black appearance package with the black seats.

Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So everything they are marketing as new is constrained? I guess they have parts coming to prep for 2023?
That's what I was thinking.

Constraint list: Everything

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

"Constraint" is not the same as "unavailable"... It basically means that Ford anticipated (and ordered from their suppliers) parts to support a certain volume of components to build what they believed would be the demand (or possibly the maximum production capacity of their plant). If they planned to build 100K trucks for 2023 (a totally made-up number chosen to keep the math simple), that means they purchased parts for 15K (15%) in the XL trim, 59K (59%) in the XLT trim, and 26K (26%) in the Lariat trim. It also means that they are building enough Hybrid power units for 35K of those orders to be Hybrids, with the other 65K being EB. Beyond that, it's a matter of "fit to build"... In order for a Hybrid Lariat Lux + CP360 + CP360 Assist to get scheduled & built, all of those individual elements have to be available. Once they run out of something, or if the vendor cannot deliver in time, those orders will get delayed.

All this is a major consequence of "just in time order and delivery" where the vehicle manufacturers don't actually stockpile the components they need in warehouses, but place a series of orders planned to arrive "just in time" to build the vehicles they expect to built.
  • If the consumer demand for a new product is higher than expected (as it was for the 22 Maverick), they won't have enough supplies on order to meet the demand.
  • If the forecast product mix is wrong, they cannot build enough to meet the demand.
  • If the vendors cannot deliver due to workforce (pandemic) or sub-supplier constraints (chip shortages due to pandemic), they cannot build enough to meet the demand.
  • If they cannot transport the components to the plants (pandemic shipping issues), they cannot build enough to meet the demand.
As a consumer, I don't really care why my order cannot be fulfilled, I just get upset that I can't have what I want...

Some "constraints" are easier to resolve than others. Chip shortages are totally out of Ford's control. If they run out, those chip-dependent features are unavailable.

But if something like the Black Appearance Package wildly exceeds their expectations, it should be much easier to substitute black ActiveX "fabric" for the tan on the seat cover assembly line and produce more black (and fewer tan). Ditto for the plastic parts in the BAP - should be simple to substitute black raw material for the colored stuff in the same molds. That's why I kept the BAP in my order, even though it's only "planned" to be on 10% of the builds this year (a GROSS under-estimate based on what I've seen / heard here on the forum). Push come to shove, I'll drop that off, but I think the black seats and trim will loot a LOT better with my Cyber Orange truck!

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
2023 Maverick constraints list as of September 16, 2022:
  • Co-Pilot360 Package (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • XLT Luxury Package (optional on XLT trim)
  • Lariat Luxury Package (optional on Lariat trim; requires Co-Pilot360 package)
  • Tremor Off-Road Package (optional on XLT and Lariat trims)
  • Tremor Off-Road Package Plus Appearance Package (requires Tremor Off-Road Package)
  • Black Appearance Package (optional on XLT and Lariat trims)
  • Spray-In Bedliner (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • Cargo Management System (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • Hard Trifold Tonneau Cover (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
  • Splash Guards, Molded, Front and Rear (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)

1663359418844.png
So I guess there will be a lot of late vehicles unless you want a 2.0 liter with tire, seats and white or black color.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Engine
Undecided
What’s really funny is at the bottom of any thread it lists “Similar Threads”. Invariably there are threads from a year ago with 10 pages of the same topic. Whether it’s constraints or no confirmation email or clueless dealers. We are reliving history and not learning from it.
Sponsored