Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Via our reliable source, Tommy.

FB_IMG_1672804464256.jpg
Commadorebob,
So, in your honest opinion, if I added the XLT hybrid luxury package to the base XLT order, do you think it would improve my odds any of getting it?
Sponsored

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Commadorebob,
So, in your honest opinion, if I added the XLT hybrid luxury package to the base XLT order, do you think it would improve my odds any of getting it?
It depends on what your options are. If you have a standalone hitch probably a good idea to add it. If you have no hitch you shouldn't add it.

Of XLT Built 55% won't have hitches
45% will have a hitch (35% being Lux and then 10% either be standalone hitches).

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It depends on what your options are. If you have a standalone hitch probably a good idea to add it. If you have no hitch you shouldn't add it.

Of XLT Built 55% won't have hitches
45% will have a hitch (35% being Lux and then 10% either be standalone hitches).
We had the standalone hitch, but because of the constraints took it off. Now it is just a basic XLT hybrid.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Commadorebob,
Honestly, for the hybrids, it going to come down to allocations. The hybrid is the bigger constraint than anything else on this list. I don't know how the difference in the XLT Lux would actually impact anything today given there are still plenty of EBs to build. But once the EB orders are cleared out, then these numbers might factor more.

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We had the standalone hitch, but because of the constraints took it off. Now it is just a basic XLT hybrid.
I was gonna say if you’re OK without the hitch ride it out better odds. I was on that team until they said that the wiring was going to be a challenge.

Sponsored

Tmagri4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was never even contacted by my dealer to inform me about the option to switch to EB. Would be interested to know how many people on this board with hybrid orders were contacted by their dealers about this...i assume not many.
My dealer did not contact me about the EB option. However, after hearing about the lack of capacity to fill all the hybrid orders (my order went in on day 4) I called the dealer and switched to the EB. I also took off every option that was retained at any point so my order is just an XLT Area 51 EB with a full size spare and sliding rear window as the only options. Hopefully that will get it built in 2023. There are some options I’d like to add that appear to have capacity. However, you have no way of knowing if a bunch of order changes will exceed capacity for the accessory putting you back on the pending list. Fords system sucks. They could sell all of the accessories if they had a way to ensure the buyer their order would not be held up by adding the accessory.

stopgowalkon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
currently: BMW X1 desired: XLT lux tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let's have some fun with math :)
Ignoring for now any specific accessory related constraints, and just sticking to the hybrid engine, you can use the percentages of orders and capacity to assume estimated times when all builds will be complete. See pic below. I know this is an oversimplification, but if you draw a reasonable conclusion from the result, how can they NOT open order banks again for the EB in 6-8 months time? And for the hybrid orders, other than capacity changes, how do they ever get out of that mess.. Apologies if already presented, and also ignoring probably some obvious concerns with my conclusion. I'd just like to order one at some point soon :)
Ford Maverick Maverick Constraints List as of January 3, 2023 maverickestbuildtime

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let's have some fun with math :)
Ignoring for now any specific accessory related constraints, and just sticking to the hybrid engine, you can use the percentages of orders and capacity to assume estimated times when all builds will be complete. See pic below. I know this is an oversimplification, but if you draw a reasonable conclusion from the result, how can they NOT open order banks again for the EB in 6-8 months time? And for the hybrid orders, other than capacity changes, how do they ever get out of that mess.. Apologies if already presented, and also ignoring probably some obvious concerns with my conclusion. I'd just like to order one at some point soon :)
maverickestbuildtime.png
This falls apart if you place any weight on the (reasonable) claim that they will switch to 2024 model year sometime in the Autumn/Fall.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
What are everyone's thoughts on the stand alone hitch option for the EB? Should I ditch the hitch on my XLT EB order or will it get built with said hitch? I don't anticipate needing the hitch as I primarily added it for resale value and it seems like a steal at the price they are charging:)

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What are everyone's thoughts on the stand alone hitch option for the EB? Should I ditch the hitch on my XLT EB order or will it get built with said hitch? I don't anticipate needing the hitch as I primarily added it for resale value and it seems like a steal at the price they are charging:)
Keep the hitch if you ask me. Totally worth it for the wiring harness if nothing else.... Yes, you can get U-Haul or some third party to install a Curt Hitch aftermarket, but you will pay for it. And it won't come with the wiring harness (and there isn't really an aftermarket one to begin with...... only hack jobs using other harnesses spliced in).

Sponsored
OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't ditch anything on EB. Math says they are all buildable, dealer allocations notwithstanding.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Keep the hitch if you ask me. Totally worth it for the wiring harness if nothing else.... Yes, you can get U-Haul or some third party to install a Curt Hitch aftermarket, but you will pay for it. And it won't come with the wiring harness (and there isn't really an aftermarket one to begin with...... only hack jobs using other harnesses spliced in).
I agree it's totally worth it. I guess what I'm asking is I wonder how likely my EB is likely to get built with the stand alone hitch option? I would hate for my truck to not get built due to a $100 hitch that I'll probably never use....

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree it's totally worth it. I guess what I'm asking is I wonder how likely my EB is likely to get built with the stand alone hitch option? I would hate for my truck to not get built due to a $100 hitch that I'll probably never use....
Always a risk, but the fact you are EcoBoost is 1,0000000% better for your chances than if you were a Hybrid. Add to that the fact that you are XLT and not XL. XLT is predicted to have no problem with capacity. MAYBE if you were an XL and were worried about that "low" capacity then remove the hitch.....but even then I would not.

But then again, I am the guy with a 2023 order for an XL with the 4k Tow Package and CoPilot360 and all sorts of stuff that is at least "somewhat" constrained. Not as constrained as last year, but still constrained.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford plans to build 65% of Mavericks as EB and only has 28% of orders that are EB. My own math, based on Ford keeping the 7,500 per month production numbers, puts the last EB order being built in June.

HOWEVER, if your dealer has no more allocations for the year, then it doesn't matter what you do to it. It won't get built.

stopgowalkon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
currently: BMW X1 desired: XLT lux tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This falls apart if you place any weight on the (reasonable) claim that they will switch to 2024 model year sometime in the Autumn/Fall.
True...but...why not milk the 2023 feature set for EBs ahead of anticipated Fall 2024 release if you got room to do so? Since people have already gotten 2023s, it could really be potentially in 4 months time. And with the hybrid, how will they release a hybrid version in 2024 when math tells you'll need most of 2024 to build what's already been ordered? Of course, like any speculation, it all makes sense until it doesn't.
Sponsored