Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What also cracks me up, is you get all these people going crazy on iPhone and Android forums because of all these issues that come up with the latest phones, for a $1000 phone. And we are on the the iPhone 13, Galaxy S21, etc. But here, we are paying $25-$30k for a car, and “it’s fine if there are some issues.” What sense does that make?

Yes, Im well aware there would be issues most likely. But some of you are treating this as some brand new company on Kickstarter, and we signed up to be the beta testers. This is the Ford Motor Company. They’ve made a few vehicles in their days.

I didn’t sign up to get my truck early. I got lucky. I didn’t think I’m get it until next year. So some of you need to think before you make assumptions.
Sponsored

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
What also cracks me up, is you get all these people going crazy on iPhone and Android forums because of all these issues that come up with the latest phones, for a $1000 phone. And we are on the the iPhone 13, Galaxy S21, etc. But here, we are paying $25-$30k for a car, and “it’s fine if there are some issues.” What sense does that make?

Yes, Im well aware there would be issues most likely. But some of you are treating this as some brand new company on Kickstarter, and we signed up to be the beta testers. This is the Ford Motor Company. They’ve made a few vehicles in their days.

I didn’t sign up to get my truck early. I got lucky. I didn’t think I’m get it until next year. So some of you need to think before you make assumptions.
Correction you are paying a few hundred dollars for an entertainment system made by a third party to integrate with an infinite number of third party products. Not being able to integrate your phone with your car does not hinder any of the primary functions of that car. It's a brand new model that only a small handful of people have even purchased and received. If you expected everything to work out of the box perfectly when it comes to software, you have unrealistic expectations. There has not be a single software product ever released in the history of mankind without bugs.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My newest issue is my Bluetooth connection from the truck to my iPhone 13 Pro Max disconnects and then reconnected almost every drive for about 30 seconds.
Electrical issues pop up in every new vehicle it seems but It this case it could be your phone. This happened to my grandma on her Buick and a new iPhone 11. I of course thought my grandma was being a grandma. So I try to set it up and she was correct it didn’t work. I tried my phone and it works flawlessly. Sent her back to the store and they swapped her iPhone, never had a problem again.

OP
OP
Cubsfan24

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Correction you are paying a few hundred dollars for an entertainment system made by a third party to integrate with an infinite number of third party products. Not being able to integrate your phone with your car does not hinder any of the primary functions of that car. It's a brand new model that only a small handful of people have even purchased and received. If you expected everything to work out of the box perfectly when it comes to software, you have unrealistic expectations. There has not be a single software product ever released in the history of mankind without bugs.
Can you show me where I said I expected everything to work? While your points are valid, I don’t understand the purpose of your post besides looking to argue and throw around technicalities.

This is why the Internet is so frustrating. Why can’t this just be a thread for someone to post issues about a vehicle, instead of it just becoming a debate.

If I wanted that, I’d post on Facebook.

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So after reading all the issues, some of which are life threatening, on the Santa Cruz and you still are "almost most crossed" SC off your list?! What more would it take for you to cross SC off? 😆 🤣 😂
Good point...very good point.

Sponsored

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will be paying 28890 plus tax and license so I (we all) do expect some level of craftsmanship from the company that has Fords name on it.

Maybe its how it’s designed or how its assembled or the materials its made from.

Who knows all I have seen here are assembly qualty issues and the skimping on some basic parts. Aside from that its is going to be a kick @$$ little truck if these are the only issues. 🤞

Unless there is a cracking issue in the corners of the bed to body area… then all bets are off.
Any structural engineers on the forum?
They could discuss how structures deal with stress...and how they don't do so.

If an issue with the unibody surfaces....I will be holding on to my 2006 Ranger for a while!

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not sure what the point of your post is. Is it to tell us (MTC) that we should lower our standards or expectations because we're only paying $20k+ for a new vehicle or that because it's a first MY that we should expect issues? People have been ordering new vehicles for years "without ever laying eyes on it", we do that partly based on the past record of that company's products and service. If you have been reminded by Ford's new way of doing business and not following the "herd" then why are you here on MTC? I'm not saying you can't be here, I'm just wondering why you are here since from your post it doesn't sound like you're interested in owning a Maverick, "since I will not wait a year to get a hybrid" or by that time, there should be a few other options for hybrid trucks available and at least one should have AWD." Again I have to ask, what's the purpose of you post? If the Maverick isn't the truck for you then you have the option of Santa Cruz, which is currently available and you won't have to wait a year for it or you could just stick to your Honda Ridgeline with zero issues. The OP of this thread was nice enough and concerned enough to point out issues that he found on his truck to give other future Maverick owners something to check once we receive our trucks. I like to think this a nice part of the MTC community. Maverick owners looking out for other Maverick owners. The other great part of MTC is the meme thread where your original post should be because at the end of the day it's...a joke!
I suspect he is another Ridgeline owner seeking validation....🙄

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There has not be a single software product ever released in the history of mankind without bugs.
That's funny.

Not sure of your age, but there was a time before the internet when some software was tested for months and sometimes years before release.
There was not the ability to patch and update online and it had to be right. Not all was bug free, but there was some mission-critical software that was thoroughly tested before release.

Some of this software performed without issue.

nj2ncbeach

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Those weren't/aren't bugs, those are "features"! lol

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's funny.

Not sure of your age, but there was a time before the internet when some software was tested for months and sometimes years before release.
There was not the ability to patch and update online and it had to be right. Not all was bug free, but there was some mission-critical software that was thoroughly tested before release.

I'm thinking that some of that software use during the Apollo space missions was tested a lot before it was used. They certainly send out a patch update if an issue was found mid-mission!! :unsure: 😁

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Since this is your first post, I too will be gentle and try to use a little but of lube with this.
1. With all the prepro trucks out there, if there were stress issues they should be seeing them.
2. I have never seen a single vehicle company that did not have some kind of QA issues in any year on any single model. I dont care if its a Gremlin or a SL500.
3. Its not American consumerism when this is the ONLY product out there like it. This truck is unique and fills a very specific, but growing niche.
4. Try to buy any vehicle EXACTLY as you want it today and chip shortage excuses will knock you into reality real fast. There is a reason MSRP markups are becoming the norm today. That is EVERYONE has few vehicles to give. From Ford and GM to Honda and Toyota, vehicles are filling up lots waiting on chips. The issue is not a traditional chip shortage mind you, its just automakers need reliability and use oldie but goodie chips designed TWENTY years ago while ignoring the chip makers pleads for them to update their tech.
5. Yes in a year other vehicles may be out with hybrid power trains but then you will back with them to your exact complaint here: THEY ARE TOO NEW TO BUY AND RISK. The Mav would have been out for a year by then and would be the logical choice according to your post. The others will all be new and even the Mav has a AWD hybrid going through testing for NHTCSUSNW or what every the safety acronym is today.

Enjoy your day and thanks for the post!

P.S.
Don't forget to check out the meme thread! It is @Gabbydad s greatest accomplishment!
From what I heard there was only 29 pre-pro Mavericks made. Thought that was a low number but a Ford Employee driving one told me that.

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
That's funny.

I am likely older than you and know a lot more about software than you. I have plenty of hard coded bugs that were released in final products with no ability to update. In the past code was very simple. Now there are hundreds of thousands of lines of code in modern vehicles. Even if .01% is buggy, that is a lot of bugs. This is about phones, not the safety controls...

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am likely older than you and know a lot more about software than you. I have plenty of hard coded bugs that were released in final products with no ability to update. In the past code was very simple. Now there are hundreds of thousands of lines of code in modern vehicles. Even if .01% is buggy, that is a lot of bugs. This is about phones, not the safety controls...
Maybe, maybe not on both counts. That said, you are correct in that past code was very simple compared to now.
My issue was that you said, "There has not be a single software product ever released in the history of mankind without bugs".
To that point, I disagree. That is a universal statement and encompasses all. I know of some 80's vintage software that performed without flaw on the hardware it was developed to work on.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is that you RKBRUMBELOW?
Sponsored