First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat 1st Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Maverick when they were first announced in the summer of 2021. I finally took delivery of my Maverick Lariat 1st Edition in March 2022. I have just driven the truck 9180 miles. Honestly, I have loved my Maverick. No issues whatsoever! I get better than 42 mpg average. It runs quietly and smoothy. On Monday, July 10, 2023, last Monday I had an appointment and took my truck to the local Ford Dealership to have two Ford Recalls completed. The recalls were # 22C24 Unintended illumination of the brake lights may confuse other drivers, increasing the risk of a crash and recall # 22C20 Improper deployment of an air bag increases the risk of injury in a crash. I was told by the dealership that it would take most of the day to complete the work. Later that day, I was told the truck would be ready by Tuesday afternoon. On Thursday, I was told the vehicle was finally just about ready. The dealer indicated there was a power issue warning and so they had to replace the battery. But now it was supposed to be ready, so I picked it up. Within 5 miles of the dealership, I got this message on the vehicle: The powertrain control system has detected the system power supply voltage is lower than desired. Check your owner's manual. A couple of minutes later everything on the dash went blank and the vehicle just died. The dealership told me to call Ford Roadside Assistance, which is another long story. Finally, after 2 hours of waiting a tow truck showed up and towed my wonderful little red truck back to the dealership once again. As of today, one week after I took my truck in for Ford Authorized Recall Service. I have heard nothing more! The only good thing. The dealership provided me with a 2022 Ford Explorer as a loaner vehicle. I was told the Shop Foreman is now reviewing all the work on my truck. I am just hoping to get the same quality vehicle back as the one I took in for what was supposed to be one day of Ford authorized repairs.
Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There have been threads on this and I think a recall about an inadequate solder connection on a battery power cable. I can't remember the title but you may be able to search for others that have had this problem.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with many of the previous post, but in addition, I seem to recall several members posting that had the air bag recall work performed ended up having issues related to wiring being pinched or getting disconnected during the reassembly process. Good Luck, hope your dealers gets it sorted out soon. You must have a good dealer or are lucky, there's quite a few that couldn't get a loaner.

fozcycle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only recall that I had to schedule repairs for was the Side airbag replacement on my ‘22 Lariat. Then a couple weeks later I received a package with a Yeti 20 oz water bottle and a thank you letter for being patient with the recall.
Sponsored