My hybrid (lariat lux) build scheduled for 9/13 has been stuck on "In Production" like all the other hybrids that have had build dates come and go. I called the Ford 1-800 number this morning (9/27) to try to glean some more information about the status since the tracker isn't showing it 'built' after two weeks. I understand it doesn't have OKTB for sale without official EPA MPG numbers, but I was curious to confirm if it actually made it off the line.
- Had to hold a bit to get a rep, and hold again while they looked up info.
- Rep got back on and said my order is showing "returned from body company" in their system.
- Rep said this meant assembly was completed, and it was sent to the body company to do the spray in liner and such, and it has been returned back to Ford plant.
- Put on hold again for her to check more info about current status.
- Rep bumped my inquiry up to her supervisor to look into it more.
- They said they will call me back today (edit: maybe not).
- I'll edit when the supervisor gets back to me.