Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
Maybe, maybe not on both counts. That said, you are correct in that past code was very simple compared to now.
My issue was that you said, "There has not be a single software product ever released in the history of mankind without bugs".
To that point, I disagree. That is a universal statement and encompasses all. I know of some 80's vintage software that performed without flaw on the hardware it was developed to work on.
Please cite one software product that didn't have bugs...
Sponsored

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Wow! This thread had really devolved! Thanks to the OP for giving me some things to look for (Iā€™m still looking for the vehicle itself). I guess Iā€™m lucky to be so ancient. As an early adopter I expect some imperfections to be part of the package, but I may not make it long enough to buy again at the end of my next 5-year cycle (I survived the Viet Nam war - Iā€™m still not sure Iā€™ll survive this pandemic), so iā€™m taking a flyer because this little truck might just be what I need even if it has some minor imperfections, and I donā€™t have enough time left to worry about it. NOTHING about life is perfect. Even with a fully-loaded Lariat, this is still just an economy ride and iā€™ll try to take all the imperfections and missing paint specks in stride as I drive around with my heated seats and steering wheel and the load of absolutely unnecessary high-tech gadgets and do-dads that are going to be a crap-load of fun and enjoyment. (Take that my dear wife - with you and your fancy-schmancy BMWā€™s)

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! This thread had really devolved! Thanks to the OP for giving me some things to look for (Iā€™m still looking for the vehicle itself). I guess Iā€™m lucky to be so ancient. As an early adopter I expect some imperfections to be part of the package, but I may not make it long enough to buy again at the end of my next 5-year cycle (I survived the Viet Nam war - Iā€™m still not sure Iā€™ll survive this pandemic), so iā€™m taking a flyer because this little truck might just be what I need even if it has some minor imperfections, and I donā€™t have enough time left to worry about it. NOTHING about life is perfect. Even with a fully-loaded Lariat, this is still just an economy ride and iā€™ll try to take all the imperfections and missing paint specks in stride as I drive around with my heated seats and steering wheel and the load of absolutely unnecessary high-tech gadgets and do-dads that are going to be a crap-load of fun and enjoyment. (Take that my dear wife - with you and your fancy-schmancy BMWā€™s)
Yes my 2010 F150 has sync??? whatever that is?? Has never been turned on.

Party on Garth.:)

Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if the is is a case where they are painting over a seam sealer and itā€™s not as heating properly.
I went out to look at mine, just purchased yesterday. It's definitely a form of seam sealer. On the drivers side mine had what appeared to be a little excess at the joint. I pushed on it lightly and the paint had "give" to it. What I'm believing this to be is the production line is applying the seam sealer and it has not fully cured before the paint is applied and the resulting continuation of sealer curing creates some outgassing which creates a "bubble" of paint. Apparently the OP's truck had the paint in that area come off entirely.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes my 2010 F150 has sync??? whatever that is?? Has never been turned on.

Party on Garth.:)
OMG! You must be one of those old farts that drives around listening to the music of your own mind (or that outdated old country and sixties crap - you know, the kind that only has singers and instruments)

dogie rider

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hyundai Kona
If you check out slide 17 of product assembly line processes in today's News section, I think you'll see the worker installing sealant in area described by some owners.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OMG! You must be one of those old farts that drives around listening to the music of your own mind (or that outdated old country and sixties crap - you know, the kind that only has singers and instruments)
Are we related:). Music in my mind is truly disturbed.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry. That's what they refer to when they say, "you have to face the music."

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My guess is so that a tonneau cover's weather stripping can seal better? Just a guess, so who knows.

I disagree. If I was buying a Porsche 911 GT3 RS, I'd expect perfection to the point that I want the suede seats brushed in the same direction. A $30k Maverick comes down the same line as a $21k Maverick.

The cracked wheel is concerning, but the other points are insignificant to myself.

I bought a brand new Ford Edge with a similar paint defect in the DSR fender. I'm guessing it's welding slag that wasn't ground off before the car was painted. I'd rather have factory paint than a respray, so I never mentioned it. I barely waxed that car and had no issues until 170k miles when the vehicle was sold.

My Nissan Frontier has more overspray with its factory bed liner than that.

My Honda Odyssey had a similar weather stripping issue. I used a trim tool to reseat the weather stripping.

My Honda HR-V was the only other brand new car that I bought. That was also a $20k car like the Maverick. In fact, I bought the $20k version...LX base model, manual transmission, 0 factory options, 0 dealer options. Like the Maverick is now, I bought the HR-V on its US release year in 2016.

I don't even remember all the fit-and-finish issues...tailgate itself and the A-pillar trim was slightly misaligned, PSF seat creaked, had a rattle in the map lights, DSF window would rattle if it's in any position other than all the way up or all the way down. The soft-close feature for the center console lid stopped working. The OEM windshield wipers freakin' sucked. Not to mention I dented the hood while casually leaning on it, and I'm not a big dude. Oh and the paint adhesion recall for white orchid pearl. Luckily that car was garaged at work and at home, so it was really only in the sun when driving or at the store.

All those were eligible warranty repairs, but I never took it in. It's a $20k car. It's designed to meet a price bracket. If I wanted better fit-and-finish, I'd buy a more up-market car. Not a more expensive trim; that's just putting lipstick on a pig. I mean like a CR-V or a Passport or something. That gives the automaker some breathing room to use nicer materials, tighter tolerances, and spend more than 32 seconds with it at each assembly or inspection station.

I agree. If I really wanted to, I'd be taking the car in for everything since it's under warranty and that's part of what you're paying for. But to me, for an econobox vehicle, if it runs and drives, doesn't leak, and the HVAC and radio work, everything else is gravy.
I'm not sure what the point of your post is. Is it to tell us (MTC) that we should lower our standards or expectations because we're only paying $20k+ for a new vehicle or that because it's a first MY that we should expect issues? People have been ordering new vehicles for years "without ever laying eyes on it", we do that partly based on the past record of that company's products and service. If you have been reminded by Ford's new way of doing business and not following the "herd" then why are you here on MTC? I'm not saying you can't be here, I'm just wondering why you are here since from your post it doesn't sound like you're interested in owning a Maverick, "since I will not wait a year to get a hybrid" or by that time, there should be a few other options for hybrid trucks available and at least one should have AWD." Again I have to ask, what's the purpose of you post? If the Maverick isn't the truck for you then you have the option of Santa Cruz, which is currently available and you won't have to wait a year for it or you could just stick to your Honda Ridgeline with zero issues. The OP of this thread was nice enough and concerned enough to point out issues that he found on his truck to give other future Maverick owners something to check once we receive our trucks. I like to think this a nice part of the MTC community. Maverick owners looking out for other Maverick owners. The other great part of MTC is the meme thread where your original post should be because at the end of the day it's...a joke!
Amen!
Sponsored